Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rhyzer 48 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

Rhyzer is a first rubber which has actual feel of old speed glued rubber. Rhyzer remains me of good old days when I practiced quite hard and played with heavily glued Mendo Mp. When I was in great shape it was pure pleasure to play with Mendo Mp but when I cut down my practice hours it became too demanding to control.

Very interesting! I used to play with a glued up Mendo MP too in the late 90's! When I restarted after 14 years absence - I bought it again - and used it glued at 1st out of nostalgia and then boosted - I still could play against good players playing with modern rubbers - Mendo MP was still VERY fast.

It does however lack spin on pushes and serves compared to modern rubbers which are very grippy. 

Eventually I replaced it with Adidas P7 which is slower but safer and spinnier.

Fast forward to now...I've been not playing for 2 years and Adidas p7 no longer exists!!!!! And...there's the new ball....

Do you think the Rhyzer would suit me since I loved the Mendo MP? Is the Rhyzer spinny on short pushes and serves too?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Sponsored Links

Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 5:30am
Yes Rhyzer 48 is very spinny on serves. Short pushes are not really easy to excecute since this rubber is really fast. I found that black sheet has more booster and feels firmer than red ones. But I only tested one black and 2 red sheets so this info might not be accurate. Topsheet of Rhyzer wears out quite quickly and that is a main reason I went back to Rasanter 47 which is a bit milder version of Rhyzer with better topsheet (imho). So if I were you I would start with Rasanter R47 since it is a quite safe bet. I have played through whole post speedglue era so it is possible that my memory doen’t serve me right tough:).

Edited by Tommy16 - 07/15/2018 at 5:33am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2018 at 12:53pm
If you reboost it once imo it will always play a bit softer than usual, or at least the perception of, as you are stretching the topsheet akin to 05 towards 64

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 10:27pm
Reviving an old thread here but Rhyzer 48 is one of the candidates on my next purchase. 

I read comments here about this rubber going well with certain blades. My understanding of blade is rather limited and I'm uncertain as to which blade has what throw angle. 

I'm currently using DHS Long 5 and I was wondering if this blade would go well with Rhyzer 48? 
CoachMcAfee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachMcAfee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2018 at 12:01am
I have been using the Rhyzer 48 for a few months now on my teaching racket and have greatly enjoyed it's playing characteristics.  It is fast and does feel a lot like speed glued rubber from the old days.  However the topsheet really grips the ball producing a great amount of spin on serves, pushes, and loops.  Like all fast rubbers it does reward good technical and magnifies errors.  It is a great rubber for counter-topspin.  A number of my students have switched to the Rhyzer and so far have been very happy with it.  

Back in May, while in India conducting several ITTF Coaching Courses and a High Performance Camp, a number of National Level Juniors tried my racket and many wanted to know how to get the Rhyzer rubber.   I use a Rossi Emotion Blade.
Coach McAfee
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 4:57pm
Joola all the waaaay
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic