Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Table tennis may be stripped of its Olympic status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Table tennis may be stripped of its Olympic status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table tennis may be stripped of its Olympic status
    Posted: 02/09/2018 at 6:52am
As we all know by now the International Olympic Committee, IOC abbreviated, they feel very strongly against all the dishonest Olympians who cheating someway or taking dopes.
IOC have recently revised the wording of "Olympic solemn pledge" so as to prevent cheaters from Olympics.

OLYMPIC OATH. NEW EDITION VALID AS OF 2018.

Each representative recites their specific line:
“In the name of the athletes”
“In the name of all judges.”
“In the name of all the coaches
and officials"
The athlete then recites on behalf of all three categories:
“We promise to take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules and in the spirit of fair play.
We all commit ourselves to sport without doping and cheating.
We do this, for the glory of sport, for the honour of our teams and in respect for the Fundamental Principles of Olympism.”

Table tennis is the sport where the cheaters were flourishing for long years, and they keep cheating at Olympic events too. All the pingpang Olympic champions, ever since the year 2010, they all are "cheaters" in every way.
Table tennis is now getting a foul sport to bring discredit on the whole Olympic sports' family.

I'm looking to hear from Mr. Weikert, ITTF President, directly from his mouth
   -- Dear Sir
Are you conscious of the possible elimination of our sport from the Olympic family? It is a very realistic scenario, not good for your public and personal reputation.

Thanks.   

Edited by igorponger - 02/09/2018 at 6:54am
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 7:03am
If I cannot join the Olympics, I will try everything within my power to sabotage you lot! Y'all cheaters!
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 7:51am
Typical trolling post.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 7:52am
IOC may consider removing TT but not because of boosting. If they were concerned anout that, know that there are a lot of sports that would disappear sooner. Road cycling. Mountain cycling.
Weight lifting. Nordic skiing. 100, 200 and 400 m sprints. Marathon. 10K. Wrestling. Etc.etc.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 7:55am
Originally posted by darucla darucla wrote:

Typical trolling post.

Pretty much.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 9:51am
"If I cannot join the Olympics, I will try everything within my power to sabotage you lot! Y'all cheaters!"

LOLLOLLOL

You read my mind Zeio!

FdT
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by darucla darucla wrote:

Typical trolling post.

Pretty much.
==============
I agree, too.
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 12:34pm
IOC has bigger targets to go after for cheating, like banning all athletes from Russia for government sponsored drug test cheating.

Igor should be expressing his cheating concerns to Putin.
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 10:20pm
I think table tennis should be at the Winter Olympics  and not the Summer one's

Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

what about those who love to play in summer and winter as well? It should be in both.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 12:03am

Only if you play it on skates.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 1:08am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

As we all know by now the International Olympic Committee, IOC abbreviated, they feel very strongly against all the dishonest Olympians who cheating someway or taking dopes.
IOC have recently revised the wording of "Olympic solemn pledge" so as to prevent cheaters from Olympics.

OLYMPIC OATH. NEW EDITION VALID AS OF 2018.

Each representative recites their specific line:
“In the name of the athletes”
“In the name of all judges.”
“In the name of all the coaches
and officials"
The athlete then recites on behalf of all three categories:
“We promise to take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules and in the spirit of fair play.
We all commit ourselves to sport without doping and cheating.
We do this, for the glory of sport, for the honour of our teams and in respect for the Fundamental Principles of Olympism.”

Table tennis is the sport where the cheaters were flourishing for long years, and they keep cheating at Olympic events too. All the pingpang Olympic champions, ever since the year 2010, they all are "cheaters" in every way.
Table tennis is now getting a foul sport to bring discredit on the whole Olympic sports' family.

I'm looking to hear from Mr. Weikert, ITTF President, directly from his mouth
   -- Dear Sir
Are you conscious of the possible elimination of our sport from the Olympic family? It is a very realistic scenario, not good for your public and personal reputation.

Thanks.   

thats a lie from shalala ,the worst thing it happened to table tennis was shalala .ittf must have a champion as a ceo not shalala.
the lie was for limiting chinese players at olynpics
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 1:37am
Icarus

fdt
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 8:12am

Yes, true story.
I have had training long time on minus degrees in the hall.
The game is completely different.
Could be like swimming with the rule for the temperature of the water.
Here we can make the rules different : Acceptable temperatures in the
hall with tables to be between -5/-10, then nobody will bet on Chinese players.
And people will return to hard bat techniques, at least.

Smile
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 11:23am

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

good one

Edited by emihet - 02/16/2018 at 2:27pm
Stiga Clipper Wood, Viscaria,BBC,
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 3:39pm
trolllllllllll
Butterfly Viscaria
Joola Golden Tango PS
Tibhar Aurus Prime

https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 5:02pm
Too many silly rule changes in recent years. It must  be excluded from the Olympic Games.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 02/16/2018 at 5:03pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

IOC has bigger targets to go after for cheating, like banning all athletes from Russia for government sponsored drug test cheating.

I always think it's so funny how Russia is the "bad" nation with dopers, while almost all US athletes dope as well
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I always think it's so funny how Russia is the "bad" nation with dopers, while almost all US athletes dope as well

"almost all US athelets dope"  Really. Where do you get those facts? Probably the same website as the flat earthers or holocaust deniers use.  
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 8:05pm
Good that you mentioned holocaust deniers. They are denying something that clearly happened, same as you :)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 9:28pm

They don't but let's pretend they did.  The difference is that the doping in the USA, in contrast to Russia, is not government-sponsored and the US anti-doping agency is not trying to hide the doping, rather they are looking for dopers.  Recall that is the reason that the Russian team has been essentially banned from the Olympics. http://www.bbc.com/sport/36823453

We are, however, off topic, although the fact is that this topic is pretty dumb.  The IOC has never heard of boosters and it would not be the reason that TT is droppe from the Olympics.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 10:00pm
I'm sorry but they do. Do you really believe that someone like phelps can win so many medals against dopers without doping himself? Do you also think that bolt doesn't dope? If you understand how testing works, then you understand what their dealing with in professional sports. https://youtu.be/bxIJC29rO6g Might wanna check that out.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2018 at 1:15pm
I hate it when people generalize and accuse every athlete in the Olympics of doping.

I am sure the bottom 10% don't do it (or don't know how to do it right). They just look too pathetic  Cry .  Everyone else pretty much must be doing otherwise we would not be getting so many new world records so often.

clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2018 at 3:21pm

I'm sorry but they do. Do you really believe that someone like phelps can win so many medals against dopers without doping himself? Do you also think that bolt doesn't dope? If you understand how testing works, then you understand what their dealing with in professional sports. https://youtu.be/bxIJC29rO6g Might wanna check that out.

Everybody is guilty until proven innocent! Very Nice!
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2018 at 12:47pm

Since my PhD is in pharmacology I know exactly how testing works, more than a random youtube video. 

First, Phelps is not "almost all US athletes", and Bolt is Jamaican, not American.  Second, the Athlete Biological Passport program combined with random testing and new biomarkers for doping make it extremely difficult for athletes, especially any in a sport with an endurance component, to get away with existing forms of doping.  Someone like Lance Armstrong (and about 98% of his cycling contemporaries) would be caught now pretty much immediately.  Guys like Bolt and Phelps, because of their success, are tested constantly and at random intervals, and if they are not available for a test, if they miss one, that is a violation.   Phelps was tested thirteen times in the run-up to Rio. Moreover their samples are banked and can be tested later on as new technology becomes available.  What about before that?  As early as 2008 Phelps was among a group of US Olympians taking part in "a special US Anti-Doping Agency initiative called Project Believe, in which the competitors underwent extensive blood and urine tests beyond World Anti-Doping Agency rules of that time to create baseline body chemistry readings for hormones and other substances". Changes in the blood and urine levels of such substances  indicate doping by growth hormone, EPO or testosterone.  Basically that was a preview of the passport system.

Here is an article about it, from actual scientific literature, a bit old but it summarizes the principle behind it. 

http://clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/57/7/969

How can one evade such a system?  When a government and its entire anti-doping infrastructure decides to commit fraud, yes that will work.  And that is what Russia did, and no other country to date.

Who else gets away with doping?  Athletes competing at a sufficiently low level that they are simply not tested.  Amateur triathletes or cyclists for example.  But that is not what we are talking about here.

And of course, the idea that TT could be dropped from the Olympics because of boosting is ridiculous.  If it is dropped, which I very much doubt will happen, it will be for other reasons. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2018 at 1:21pm
Table tennis is the (perhaps the only?) sport where manufacturers are permitted to legally cheat, with the express consent of its international governing body, on behalf of athletes.

How does that sound?

Anyway, table tennis moved up to Group C(9th-14th bracket) in May 2013 and receives more funding(14 -> 16mil) from the IOC ever year. Sharara estimated table tennis ranked 11th or 12th out of 28 sports. They planned to reach the top 5 with the P5 Plan. I remember they posted a powerpoint file on the old official site.

Edited by zeio - 02/18/2018 at 1:21pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

That video leaves me coldCool

>60yo, losing weight 30 pounds to go

Xiom ZX1 (Blade) + DHS hurricane H3/H8 (rubbers)

When all else fails, there is always delusion.
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2018 at 2:36pm

There have been dominant athletes in all eras.

In the 1936 Olympics, there were 11 swimming events. 6 for men, 5 for women. One woman won 3 events and finished second in a fourth.

In the modern TV era of Olympics, there are more swimming events, so more opportunities to win medals. At Rio, there were 34 swimming events, so Phelps had more chances to win. The people running the Olympics realized that having an athlete going for his/her X th gold medal was great for TV ratings.

If you triple the number of swimming events in 1936, the woman who won 3 gold would likely have won many more.

Jesse Owens won all 3 of the events Usain Bolt won in Rio, and added a 4th gold medal in the long jump.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 6:53am
Moreover, nobody really cared about doping until the 1980s. There is a great book on the history of drugs in sports called Spitting in the Soup. I very much recommend it.

Professional cycling has used doping since tne 1890s, basically from the start (the first Tour de France was in 1903, and cyclists used strychnine, cocaine, and amphetamines). The idea that doping in sports is a moral outrage grew out of the same attitude that claimed that amateurism in sports represented a higher ideal and that professionalism in sports degraded it. That notion reflected attitudes of the rich elite who began tbe Olympic movement and who did not like lower social class people taking part (e.g. Jim Thorpe who was stripped of his gold medals for once playing baseball against professionals, even though he was not paid himself). The IOC held to that anti-professional stance until 1988.

In marked contrast to the IOC ideals, professional athletes used drugs from the start (especially cyclists and boxers). Everyone knew and average spectators didn't care, itvwas considered just part of being professional. The IOC felt that anything that professional athletes did should be discouraged, indeed until the 1920s even training for more than a few weeks was discouraged! But with that said, not many people cared until evidence of really extreme things began to emerge in tbe 1980s.

The USADA was established in 2000. I was amazed to learn it was that recent. WADA had been started a few years earlier. Now that they exist, they will expand their bureaucracy and intrusiveness--give people a job and they will make it more important.

I have somewhat mixed views about WADA. But on the other hand systematic government-based hormonal doping at one point destroyed people's lives especially in former East Germany, China, and the Soviet Union. Of course lots of other athletes doped. So we need this oversight. Technology has improved and theirvis research to detect potential doping strategies not yet known to be actually used.

Here is the latest case: Amazingly, a Russian curling "athlete" at the winter games just tested positive for a banned substance, Meldronium, which is on the list although it almost certainly does not actually enhance performance. Curling!!! That is tbe sport with tbe brooms on ice. Sort of a weird shuffleboard on ice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic