FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Robopong 3050xl vs BTY Amicus Pro robot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 9:58am
BTW: this shows the precision mode controls in the robot - see how you can even control (to some extent) the amount of randomness in the balls.

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 10:29am
There's no issue on how fast the robot can switch from backspin to topspin. I don't notice anything. However there are quite a few bugs related to the drill settings, loading precision mode drills, and managing self created drills, etc. The overall experience is still quite lacking, not exactly what are showing in the videos.
However, all of these issues can be potentially fixed by future app updates, which, according to my coversation with their technical support, should be upcoming soon. I'll have to wait and see.

Edited by wanchope - 05/16/2018 at 10:30am
OTC and fastarcs
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 10:31am
Their customer services/technical support folks are quite responsive so far.
OTC and fastarcs
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 12:47pm
Damned, it looks so complicated !!!! I prefer the newgy 2050.
There is also a 2055 now. easier to use and with good exercices already available.
You can't enjoy an easy win.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 1:04pm
If 3050 really works as it's design to be, it is totally at a different level of 2050. But now with the bugs to be fixed, I suggest you wait a little longer.
OTC and fastarcs
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by TTslurp TTslurp wrote:

Slevin, the Youtube movie say Robopong 3050xl need special balls. But I wonder if it work good with ordinary plastic balls?

I don't think it says that.  I think it says to only use recommended balls...which I would assume are just 40+ balls.  

I will be in the market for a machine soon and this thread has been very useful.  Thanks to all who contributed so far!
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Butterfly Impartial XB 2.1
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Originally posted by TTslurp TTslurp wrote:

Slevin, the Youtube movie say Robopong 3050xl need special balls. But I wonder if it work good with ordinary plastic balls?

I don't think it says that.  I think it says to only use recommended balls...which I would assume are just 40+ balls.  

I will be in the market for a machine soon and this thread has been very useful.  Thanks to all who contributed so far!

I can confirm. The user manual says 40+ balls, which is basically what they recommend.
OTC and fastarcs
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 2:10pm
after seeing few videos, I believe the robopong 3050xl shall have this feature to help practice serve, in fact, newgy has everything, may be some ee / it guy here can hack the robopong. Wink
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 7:04pm
Thanks everyone!
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I don't think that the head rotates.

I've seen a video on the Newgy website where the head rotates.

Regarding the precision that someone mentioned, I think the variation in balls has a lot to do with this, as no robot can be accurate with variations in ball size and shape. Balls used are only training balls, 3* balls may show some improvement.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Thanks everyone!
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I don't think that the head rotates.

I've seen a video on the Newgy website where the head rotates.

Regarding the precision that someone mentioned, I think the variation in balls has a lot to do with this, as no robot can be accurate with variations in balls. Balls used are only training balls, 3* may show some improvement.

Of course the head rotates. But that's for side spins.
OTC and fastarcs
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

There's no issue on how fast the robot can switch from backspin to topspin.

If that's the case that's impressive, because it takes considerable power (current) to change the speed from high to low in a short time period, and that's what's required if you want to change from topspin to backspin. Perhaps the timing will be noticable if you change from maximum backspin to maximum topspin.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
CroNone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CroNone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 9:55pm
The only thing that I don't like about the design of these bots is that the head can't slide the width of the table or come off the end of the table. It can't really simulate human training which involves multiball from the sides and simulate blocking from different positions. I suppose if say you wanted to practice down the line you could move the Newgy to the corner but you have to drag the net along. The 1050 is much better suited to swap positions. If only the 1050 had multiple motors and the rotation head....

reflecx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reflecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 3:58am
Originally posted by CroNone CroNone wrote:

The only thing that I don't like about the design of these bots is that the head can't slide the width of the table or come off the end of the table. It can't really simulate human training which involves multiball from the sides and simulate blocking from different positions.

There is the Newstar 2080CR ...

Edited by reflecx - 05/17/2018 at 3:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic