Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spectol Red v Spectol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spectol Red v Spectol
    Posted: 03/02/2018 at 2:38pm
I have just discovered the joys of short pimples, someone lent me a sheet of Spectol Red 1.8mm in black. I have put them on my infinity and used them 3 times.
They are a bit more positive for me to use than short long pimples.
Like the attacking chop with them
like the blocking with them
like the hitting with them

they seem a but bouncy at times, I read somewhere an old pro recommended soft sponge for short pimples especially when you first use them. original spectol has softer sponge.
I want a bit more control and think 1.5mm would give me a better control and hit and help with my short play?

Is this correct?
Are old Spectol still good with the new ball?
or should I go to spectol red in 1.5mm

what about a 7 ply like samsanov force pro in blue, I want to use hurricane on fh for contrast but I find infinity too slow for hurricane

any help would be great
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Sponsored Links

Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2018 at 7:00pm
I've played with the Spectol Red and the original Spectol, Red definitely feels to have a higher arc.  I quite liked it in my limited time using it.  The only problem I had with it was when pushing, I really had to adjust the angle of my racket so that it doesn't pop up easily.  I never had to do as much adjustment switching between my other short pips.  Even spinny pips with higher arc like VO102 didn't have the same pop up effect when pushing.  
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2018 at 7:12pm
my friend has played with spectol, spectol 21, spectol red and spectol blue, he plays on close to the table blocks, pushes, rolls, and hits with them...he prefers spectol blue, then red over the regular and 21, note at one point he was the traveling player on the US team and played at a fairly good level
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2018 at 7:13pm
but we would both ask first on what blade do you want to put it on? and what is your style of play?
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

my friend has played with spectol, spectol 21, spectol red and spectol blue, he plays on close to the table blocks, pushes, rolls, and hits with them...he prefers spectol blue, then red over the regular and 21, note at one point he was the traveling player on the US team and played at a fairly good level

Ayyyyy, I know who emihet is talking about and we TT forumers are all missing out on a good thing, because emihet's friend does not post on the TT forums. This man will enrich you if you just sit next to him.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 3:34am
treid on a stiga infinity, donic person dotec (too bouncy) and just ordered a force pro blue to try them on, all 1.8mm, just finding them a bit bouncy, think I could do more with them in 1.5 and proably original spectol would suit me more
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

Ayyyyy, I know who emihet is talking about and we TT forumers are all missing out on a good thing, because emihet's friend does not post on the TT forums. This man will enrich you if you just sit next to him.

so far I know just one japanese girl that have played with spectol blue .blue is better because send the ball with a very low arc beside better flicks and red dont think that can be used above 2000 its just a softer bouncy expensive version of that chinese pips that give annoying balls but you cany do anything else
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 6:44am
the spectol red is much better on the samsanov force pro blue, much more predictable.
the blue is supposed to be too fast though??
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

the spectol red is much better on the samsanov force pro blue, much more predictable.
the blue is supposed to be too fast though??

red is better if you re a non active player
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2018 at 4:38pm
I am an active player with the short pimples trying to hit and actively block, should I try spectol soft original, I find the red a bit bouncy at times

I am using hurricane 3 neo on fh to try and get spin and get the ball up
I want to be giiting and punching a lot with the short pimples, my backhand is strong and the speed can come from my wrist, I can hit with long pimples.

I think spectol 1.5 old soft one might be better for me

any thoughts

I might post a video

Edited by mog1111 - 03/09/2018 at 4:40pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic