Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Zetro Quad - What Rubber Do You Like?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
6stringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Zetro Quad - What Rubber Do You Like?
    Posted: 03/06/2018 at 7:40pm
After much research, the Xiom Zetro Quad looks like an awesome blade for me.

I'm an improving intermediate playing four times a week at our club. Improving technique has been a part of my ascent.  This would be an upgrade from Yasaka Sweeden Extra using Rakza 7 and Rakza 9.

I know Zetro Quad is a good looping blade but I'm more interested in a weapon that will allow me to more easily send lethal topspin, topside and sidespin drives to my opponent.

I'm thinking harder rubber.  Vega Pro is popular with this blade but there are four variants of that.

Anything you can contribute is appreciated!

Edited by 6stringer - 03/06/2018 at 7:51pm
Advanced Intermediate
St. Louis, MO - USA
Nittaku Acoustic
FH - Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH - Rakza 7
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2018 at 7:48pm
Hard rubber with easy topspin: DHS Goldarc 8,  50°, Max thickness. Best FH rubber I´ve ever tried.
BTW, my BH has Rakza 7 2.0mm
polbotinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 3:56am
Vega Pro will be good, but in max thickness it will be quite fast setup.

I can also recommend Xiom Omega V Euro, Xiom Omega V Tour, Tibhar MX-P, Tenergy 05, Baracuda Big Slam.
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by 6stringer 6stringer wrote:

After much research, the Xiom Zetro Quad looks like an awesome blade for me.

I'm an improving intermediate playing four times a week at our club. Improving technique has been a part of my ascent.  This would be an upgrade from Yasaka Sweeden Extra using Rakza 7 and Rakza 9.

I know Zetro Quad is a good looping blade but I'm more interested in a weapon that will allow me to more easily send lethal topspin, topside and sidespin drives to my opponent.

I'm thinking harder rubber.  Vega Pro is popular with this blade but there are four variants of that.

Anything you can contribute is appreciated!
Xiom Zetro Quad is an excellent looping blade.  It will allow you generate lethal loops as your technique improves and its good in the short touch game.  

I would change only 1 thing at a time - blade or rubber, not both.  This way you get a feel of the difference of the change.  If you change both blade and rubber, you won't know which change is causing which behavior.

I have played with Tenergy05, Xiom Sigma Pro 2, and DHS Hurricane Neo3 Provincial 39 degree (pre-boosted from the package, no additional boosting by me.)  These rubbers have different playing characteristics yet they all played very well on the Zetro Quad.

You can't go wrong with a Zetro Quad if you are a looper.  Your technique is the final factor that will determine how well some combination plays.

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 11:19pm
Unfortunately I am selling mine. When my ZQ was in commission I really enjoyed TG3 Neo on the forehand. 
Sticking with the Xiom brand, I thought Omega V Pro played well on the BH. It reminded me a lot of Bluefire M2 with lower throw. I can't recall ever twiddling and trying it on the FH. But really, anything medium to med-hard sponged will play fine. The softer sponged rubbers feel mushy on the XZQ.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 11:25pm
Now you got me thinking. When I originally tried Big Dipper on my XZQ I didn't like it, but maybe I should give it another shot.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 12:42am
I've played with Zetro Quad for the last 3 years or so. I have two of them. I'm currently using Stiga Genesis S on the forehand and Rozena on the back hand. Genesis is really nice on ZQ with super high control and really good spin capabilities. Genesis can loop, loop drive, and serve very nice with ZQ. If you want to flat hit, I wouldn't choose Genesis. Genesis also requires more effort and better technique than Tenergy or ESN Tensors. You might want to give Rozena a try on ZQ. I'm really happy with that rubber on my back hand, but it would be suitable for either side. It does everything well, but its not a speed monster.
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2018 at 8:41am
FYI, I just changed my Genesis S to Genesis M. It is really good on ZQ. Very powerful. I also recently upgraded Rozena to Tenergy 80. ZQ is very powerful with the new rubbers. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
polbotinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polbotinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2018 at 7:42am
Recently I tried (once again) Tenergy 05 FX on the BH side on this blade. And I must say it fits very well, not being mushy at all.

BH side on zetro quad has always been an issue to me, because the blade is quite stiff which doesn't help my BH stroke. The ball often goes long. 05FX diminishes that to some degree...

I've never tried sticky Chinese rubber on ZQ thinking it won't fit because will be too slow. However I gave it a change a tried Yinhe Moon Pro with one additional layer of Haifu booster. And was surprised to find it works very well.
It's not slow at all, the short game and serve is great and the topspin with huge amount of spin in it. However it demands time to get used to it and if you want to get a full power of it you must posses a high quality brushing stroke. So with this setup I sometime lack power.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic