Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Liebherr 2018 WTTTC, April 29 to May 6.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Liebherr 2018 WTTTC, April 29 to May 6.

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
MLfan View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 04/23/2015
Location: China
Status: Offline
Points: 441
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 2:56am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Liu GuoZheng is just not as smart and charming as Liu GuoLiang.

I expect Liu GuoZheng to resign sometime in the future if the CNT meets with some trouble that he can not tackle.

I completely agree. LGZ is pathetic compared to LGL. I've seen some of his interviews. 95% of what he says is trash. It's really a shame that LGL was ousted in a power struggle. At least put Ma Lin as the new head coach, but no, Ma Lin is kicked out too bc he's too close to LGL.
Back to Top
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/21/2011
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 3795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 6:59am
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Liu GuoZheng is just not as smart and charming as Liu GuoLiang.

I expect Liu GuoZheng to resign sometime in the future if the CNT meets with some trouble that he can not tackle.


I completely agree. LGZ is pathetic compared to LGL. I've seen some of his interviews. 95% of what he says is trash. It's really a shame that LGL was ousted in a power struggle. At least put Ma Lin as the new head coach, but no, Ma Lin is kicked out too bc he's too close to LGL.



or Wang Hao
Choo-Lei
Back to Top
assasin8 View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 07/12/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 115
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assasin8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 11:08am
Next Level - I am with you on this.  I am not complaining about his enthusiasm, I was fed up with his non stop comments some of which was totally unnecessary like asking Don Parker if he has seen his Xu Xin shoes?  While I agree Adam has been good for table tennis, I get the sense he is also promoting himself.
Back to Top
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/07/2014
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by assasin8 assasin8 wrote:

Next Level - I am with you on this.  I am not complaining about his enthusiasm, I was fed up with his non stop comments some of which was totally unnecessary like asking Don Parker if he has seen his Xu Xin shoes?  While I agree Adam has been good for table tennis, I get the sense he is also promoting himself.

You can not find a perfect commentator for everyone. I think Adam has been doing fine so far.  If you watched the TT show with the commentator in CCTV 5, you would love Adam instantly.
Back to Top
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/05/2009
Location: N.A.
Status: Offline
Points: 3716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Originally posted by assasin8 assasin8 wrote:

Next Level - I am with you on this.  I am not complaining about his enthusiasm, I was fed up with his non stop comments some of which was totally unnecessary like asking Don Parker if he has seen his Xu Xin shoes?  While I agree Adam has been good for table tennis, I get the sense he is also promoting himself.

You can not find a perfect commentator for everyone. I think Adam has been doing fine so far.  If you watched the TT show with the commentator in CCTV 5, you would love Adam instantly.
It bother me that forum user used "five pennies tactics". However, I find this is ironic. Anyway, I remember there was a England commentator is very good.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Back to Top
MLfan View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 04/23/2015
Location: China
Status: Offline
Points: 441
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Liu GuoZheng is just not as smart and charming as Liu GuoLiang.

I expect Liu GuoZheng to resign sometime in the future if the CNT meets with some trouble that he can not tackle.


I completely agree. LGZ is pathetic compared to LGL. I've seen some of his interviews. 95% of what he says is trash. It's really a shame that LGL was ousted in a power struggle. At least put Ma Lin as the new head coach, but no, Ma Lin is kicked out too bc he's too close to LGL.



or Wang Hao

No, not Wang Hao lol. 
Back to Top
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 10/26/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:


Nobody here or anywhere is against Korean unification, end of war etc.

I perfectly understand the point of view that unification is more important than some "minor" sport question.

My POV however is that this - on its face - seems to be not much more than a piece of political theater (remember Korean unified team in 1991? remember other treaties?)


And it seems I am being proved right on that issue as well... N.Korea is gradually pulling out of all those "positive and wonderful" engagements that were promised just a few months ago.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Back to Top
opinari View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/23/2006
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 459
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:


Nobody here or anywhere is against Korean unification, end of war etc.

I perfectly understand the point of view that unification is more important than some "minor" sport question.

My POV however is that this - on its face - seems to be not much more than a piece of political theater (remember Korean unified team in 1991? remember other treaties?)


And it seems I am being proved right on that issue as well... N.Korea is gradually pulling out of all those "positive and wonderful" engagements that were promised just a few months ago.


We're all being proven right aside from those who really thought that N. Korea & the U.S. were best friends :)

This is an old pattern and even now it's still political theater.  However, I would way rather have this type of political theater (and joint table tennis teams) than having two world leaders talk about pressing nuclear "buttons".


Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
Back to Top
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 10/26/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:


Nobody here or anywhere is against Korean unification, end of war etc.

I perfectly understand the point of view that unification is more important than some "minor" sport question.

My POV however is that this - on its face - seems to be not much more than a piece of political theater (remember Korean unified team in 1991? remember other treaties?)


And it seems I am being proved right on that issue as well... N.Korea is gradually pulling out of all those "positive and wonderful" engagements that were promised just a few months ago.


We're all being proven right aside from those who really thought that N. Korea & the U.S. were best friends :)

This is an old pattern and even now it's still political theater.  However, I would way rather have this type of political theater (and joint table tennis teams) than having two world leaders talk about pressing nuclear "buttons".


Well, I just did not expect this to happen so soon after I wrote my post not even two weeks ago...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.
Mark all posts as read :: Delete cookies set by this forum

Cookies and JavaScript must be enabled on your web browser in order to use this forum


Copyright © 2003-2013 MyTableTennis.NET - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer