Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long lasting BH rubber for casual play

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 12:15pm
I don't know whether AK47 lasts long or not. But since that is what people here recommended I will try and see. Anyways, my local dealer says yellow version has not so much factory tuning and dense sponge so it should be fine. Battle 2 is not a backhand rubber. If you think so, fine, but for 90% of people it will be too unelastic and undynamic. I don't feel like explaining this to you. There are plenty of topics about this already.

Anyways, I will use Mark V, AK47 yellow and my old T64 to put on the spare blades to lend out.
Sponsored Links

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 1:40pm
Air assassinS or if u want harder sponge air scirocco

Edited by vanjr - 03/21/2018 at 1:42pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Firstly, with durable, I meant that the rubber should not alter its playing behavior, not only 'play great' in your terms. Also, it is not stereotypical to assume factory boosted rubbers will change their playing behavior over time. Because that is common sense (as booster evaporates). I have played with 5 year old, well maintained Mark Vs and they did not play significantly different from a new one.

Now that's hysterical. Rubber degrades even if you leave it on the shelf. I need to see a video of your game before I spend more time over this discussion. I have wasted enough of my life over the years.

5-year-old Mark V? How about a 5-year-old Hexer HD, the one from the ESN camp you so despise? Still in service as of this writing at 73 months old and counting.

Edited by zeio - 03/21/2018 at 2:33pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Firstly, with durable, I meant that the rubber should not alter its playing behavior, not only 'play great' in your terms. Also, it is not stereotypical to assume factory boosted rubbers will change their playing behavior over time. Because that is common sense (as booster evaporates). I have played with 5 year old, well maintained Mark Vs and they did not play significantly different from a new one.

Now that's hysterical. Rubber degrades even if you leave it on the shelf. I need to see a video of your game before I spend more time over this discussion. I have wasted enough of my life over the years.

5-year-old Mark V? How about a 5-year-old Hexer HD, the one from the ESN camp you so despise? Still in service as of this writing at 73 months old and counting.

Aren't you guys essentially agreeing here? Sorry, did not read the entire thread...  
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 3:09pm
Nope. Hozuki is saying that classic rubber is inherently more durable than Japanese High-Tensioned rubbers or German Tensors. He hates ESN saying they rely on booster and once the effect goes out they meet their deaths.

The fact is classic rubber eats dust even if the built-in tension of the newer rubbers loses effect. But no, that is not what he meant. He meant a rubber is only durable when its behavior doesn't change. Ya, he is searching for the unicorn.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 5:48pm

You need to see me play in order to acknowledge that Mark V is actually durable?Confused
But I can't really say I would be sad if you were to stop contributing to this thread...

Well, if your Hexer holds up, cool story. But the experience I made with the ESN rubbers that I like (Genius, Baracuda) is that after 3-4 Months the sponge becomes very weak and the topsheet starts crumbling in random places, if you are lucky only at the edges but sometimes also inmid the rubber.
So maybe you just respect the fact that I don't like ESN when it comes to durability and noob-friendliness? I'm not looking for unicorns. Just for a durable classic rubber without factory boosting that is suitable for beginners.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2018 at 11:02am
Quantum
Acuda Blue P1
Rozena
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2018 at 2:12pm

But the experience I made with the ESN rubbers that I like (Genius, Baracuda) is that after 3-4 Months the sponge becomes very weak and the topsheet starts crumbling in random places, if you are lucky only at the edges but sometimes also inmid the rubber.
So maybe you just respect the fact that I don't like ESN when it comes to durability and noob-friendliness? I'm not looking for unicorns. Just for a durable classic rubber without factory boosting that is suitable for beginners.

All the more reason to see your game. So maybe you just respect the fact that I have my doubt about your experience with rubbers, given your values with knockoffs.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2018 at 5:18pm
tibhar aurus?

Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2018 at 7:59pm

But the experience I made with the ESN rubbers that I like (Genius, Baracuda) is that after 3-4 Months the sponge becomes very weak and the topsheet starts crumbling in random places, if you are lucky only at the edges but sometimes also inmid the rubber.

All the more reason to see your game. So maybe you just respect the fact that I have my doubt about your experience with rubbers, given your values with knockoffs.

So... you want to see me play in order to determine whether ESN rubbers crumble inmid the rubber?
You are not making much sense. After all, there are plenty of high level people who just always play Tenergy and have next to zero knowledge about rubbers.
I'd be glad to take a picture of a crumbling rubber though if you need ESN fanboy cure.

And again, why the craze about knockoffs? You have never played that specific rubber so you have no right to judge it.

Edited by Hozuki - 03/22/2018 at 8:03pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2018 at 9:17am
I have learned over the years on this forum that whoever are reluctant to show themselves when requested, it's best to take their opinions with a pinch of salt. We have many members like that, most notably Pnachtwey, AgentHEX, jackwong23, and a soon-to-be addition.

My insistence on knockoffs is due to fact that if you hardly distinguish any difference b/w real and fake, why should I assume you can discern the difference b/w other rubbers?

The fact that you can crack a topsheet in the center makes me think a Mark V can hardly escape from the same fate. A mere picture won't do. I can just rip the topsheet by catching the corner of the table and post it here. Doesn't tell me your level. I need to see how you play and come to your conclusion. Convince me that way.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2018 at 8:55pm
Ok, I respect your opinion since I know very well that there are many dodgy people roaming around.

However, where did you read I cannot distinguish between real and fake rubbers? You need to stop discrediting me on the basis of something you just pulled from the back of your mind. I never said that the fake rubbers plays anything remotely similar to the real one. I merely said it plays well.

I still don't get why you are so infatuated with my person though. Instead of objectively discussing the topic at hand, you get mad when someone disagrees with you and turn over to personal attacks, then demand to see a video of me, when all I wanted was a rubber for casual players. What the hell is wrong with you?

Anyways, when I have the time to learn how to anonymize videos I will put in the effort so I can post a video of me playing, so I don't have to suffer your constant bullying. Until then I hope you can at least respect my privacy.

Edited by Hozuki - 03/23/2018 at 9:02pm
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2018 at 9:51pm
... for blade testing... hmmm... 
Don't you want to test your blade pretty much with the same rubber you already like / intend to be using?
Other than that, Focus III Snipe sounded good to me... maybe except the smell.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2018 at 8:38am
That's what most players would want, yes. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough, I meant for blade testing for other people. It would not suit my style anyways.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2018 at 10:57am

Ok, I respect your opinion since I know very well that there are many dodgy people roaming around.

However, where did you read I cannot distinguish between real and fake rubbers? You need to stop discrediting me on the basis of something you just pulled from the back of your mind. I never said that the fake rubbers plays anything remotely similar to the real one. I merely said it plays well.

I still don't get why you are so infatuated with my person though. Instead of objectively discussing the topic at hand, you get mad when someone disagrees with you and turn over to personal attacks, then demand to see a video of me, when all I wanted was a rubber for casual players. What the hell is wrong with you?

Anyways, when I have the time to learn how to anonymize videos I will put in the effort so I can post a video of me playing, so I don't have to suffer your constant bullying. Until then I hope you can at least respect my privacy.

I hate doing this, but since you asked. Here it goes.

From the thread you started:
Quote I have bought one and it plays and boosts very well, spin is on par with H2N, quality is very good. Also you can see from the customer reviews on that site that there are no negative opinions and from transaction history you can see that people have reordered it, mostly buying several sheets.
If you think it's bad just because it's fake, you need to expand your horizon.
Since I don't like H3 that much in general I don't have any neo or commercial sheet to draw a comparison to and thus wanted to ask if anybody could.

The emphasis can't get more clear.

BTW, ever heard of fake reviews? I even posted the poor guys who got conned in your thread. I'm done here. Stay healthy, stay positive, and stay "genuine."
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2018 at 2:19pm
Oh, this is going to be funLOL

I assume you wanted to back up your previous post:

My insistence on knockoffs is due to fact that if you hardly distinguish any difference b/w real and fake, why should I assume you can discern the difference b/w other rubbers?

by marking my older post

I have bought one and it plays and boosts very well, spin is on par with H2N, quality is very good.

I merely compared two rubbers, by emphasising their strong points. Nobody asked me to distinguish between specific rubber A) and B), neither was that my intention. Since you say "between real and fake", you likely even read H2N wrongly as "hurricane 3 national", which is actually obviously "Hurricane 2 Neo". Sure, I would have differentiated if I had any H3 lying around. But I don't, so you are demanding the  impossible. Anyways, you are completely missing the point. I didn't make a review. The actual purpose of the thread was to raise awareness that obvious fake and cheap hurricane clones can be a very cost efficient alternative to regular rubbers (which I wrote in the thread).
But obviously you didn't get that.

I especially like how you just mark some quotes in bold and comment with vague statements like "The emphasis can't get more clear." You are obviously neither able to make a point, nor able to back it up with evidence. Makes me wonder what kind of education you had. I have a B. Sc. degree (which you are not going to believe, obviously), so I know one thing or two about scientific argumentation. You on the other hand are just a fruit farmer. Now, an example of how bad your arguments are:

BTW, ever heard of fake reviews? I even posted the poor guys who got conned in your thread. I'm done here. Stay healthy, stay positive, and stay "genuine."

That part is particularily dumb. Nobody got "conned" in that thread.
The only way you would get conned is either
1) if people mistakenly think it is a genuine rubber
2) it does not play well
3) price/performance ratio is way off

1 - "fake" is already in the title of the thread. Not possible to be conned by it.
2 - it plays well in my opinion. You cannot disprove it, because you have not bought the rubber.
3 - how on earth can you get conned by a 10$ rubber, even if it just performs mediocre?

Your arguments are so weak, they are hardly posing a challenge.
Just do yourself a favor and never post in my threads again.
I'll also do you the service and leave your threads / posts / arguments in peace from now on.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2018 at 4:21pm
Post a video so we can see your style of play better, because we can only advise based on your checklist, I recommend just going with a generic popular rubber and getting used to it if not.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2018 at 5:20pm
If you want to get a traditional rubber like Mark V, there are lots of rubbers you can try that are cheaper like non-tacky Chinese rubbers that can you've you relatively similar performance for a lot cost. The one I have in mind is Dawei XP 2008, but there are many similar rubbers that do really well. Even if they are heavy in max, 2.0 or 1.8mm hardness is really good for these and they pair well with cheap ALL+ blades for a durable set-up.   An advanced player could use then on the backhand for an all round game. Reflectoid 2.0mm is another possibility.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2018 at 5:23pm
Rubber crumbling from the 2nd tensor generation is not a big deal and mostly affects the edges, I find sheer, Barscusa Genius etc durable but since Hozuki has first hand experience with them, then he is entitled to his own opinions.
Cybershape Carbon
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 12:19am
I saw the thread and immediately I would have said XP2008, but it is a heavy rubber, so I laid off... but now that NL mentions it, I support his opinion.

Cole sells it for $8 and like NL sez, it is suitable for beginner to advanced player (BH). I used it sucessfully for years on BH, no finer choice when building an inexpensive setup.

Cole must have helped me build dozens of these for rec centers in Korea& USA for Soldiers' use. 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 8:03am
Interesting, I will also get the dawei rubber, never heard but looks good. Thanks for the rec. Regarding esn again, dont get me wrong, I play genius on BH and I like everything except durability, but I am looking for rubbers to hand out on setups for casuals that play in my university sports center. And Tensors are simply not suited for that IMO.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 8:16am

Interesting, I will also get the dawei rubber, never heard but looks good. Thanks for the rec. Regarding esn again, dont get me wrong, I play genius on BH and I like everything except durability, but I am looking for rubbers to hand out on setups for casuals that play in my university sports center. And Tensors are simply not suited for that IMO.

I have 6 month old Genius sheets and they still play well. Like I said you are on your own there.   But inagree that the price does not support that. The Dawei rubber is $8 And I recommend 2.0mm to start as it is quite heavy.
Cybershape Carbon
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I have 6 month old Genius sheets and they still play well. Like I said you are on your own there.   But inagree that the price does not support that. The Dawei rubber is $8 And I recommend 2.0mm to start as it is quite heavy.

No, I am not on my own there.
The author of the german blog tt-spin.de has been playing Genius for a long time and in his review he specificly states that after 3-4 months the rubber decreases significantly in performance.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

No, I am not on my own there.
The author of the german blog tt-spin.de has been playing Genius for a long time and in his review he specificly states that after 3-4 months the rubber decreases significantly in performance.

That is not my experience though I have only played Genius for 7 months on and off. At lea st, I don't see a decline any different from Hexer.
Cybershape Carbon
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2018 at 5:22pm
"If you think so, fine, but for 90% of people it will be too unelastic and undynamic. I don't feel like explaining this to you. There are plenty of topics about this already."

BTW, when a rubber feels to me not elastic and dynamic enough i'd put it on my BH and normally it'd work like a charm, LOL.That depends of course on which blade you play.

Cheers, Stan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic