FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

US Nationals tentative schedule released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

THERE IS ANOTHER VERY NOTABLE CHANGE IN THE US NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS OF 2018, THAT I WAS NOT AWARE OF... FOR AS LONG AS I REMEMBER AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING, ONE WAS LIMITED TO PLAYING 9 EVENTS (AT THE US NATIONALS AND US OPEN)...
NOW THE LIMIT OF EVENTS IS 7 EVENTS...
IS THERE A REASON WHY THIS IS THE CASE?  SORRY IF I MISSED THIS BEING DISCUSSED BEFOREHAND
Actually, this has changed numerous times over the years.  It was 8 for quite a while, and I think we've seen 9 and 10, as well as 7.

It may be that with fewer rated events, they decided that people won't need to enter more than 7.

To tell you the truth, I've never understood why there is any limit at all.  I mean, if someone can avoid conflicts and play 12 events, why not?
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

THERE IS ANOTHER VERY NOTABLE CHANGE IN THE US NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS OF 2018, THAT I WAS NOT AWARE OF... FOR AS LONG AS I REMEMBER AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING, ONE WAS LIMITED TO PLAYING 9 EVENTS (AT THE US NATIONALS AND US OPEN)...
NOW THE LIMIT OF EVENTS IS 7 EVENTS...
IS THERE A REASON WHY THIS IS THE CASE?  SORRY IF I MISSED THIS BEING DISCUSSED BEFOREHAND
Actually, this has changed numerous times over the years.  It was 8 for quite a while, and I think we've seen 9 and 10, as well as 7.

It may be that with fewer rated events, they decided that people won't need to enter more than 7.

To tell you the truth, I've never understood why there is any limit at all.  I mean, if someone can avoid conflicts and play 12 events, why not?
 One thing to remember is that the rated singles event will be RR groups of 6 people instead of 4. So if you enter 3 rated events will get you 15 (Which would be the equivalent of 5 events with groups of 4) matches now instead of 9 as previously in past Nationals/U.S. Opens. 
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 4:51pm
I haven't found anything about the rating RR's being super RR's.  I did read that the floors will be rubber or cement.

One entry fee of $250 for adults for 1-7 events.

Hotel is the Westgate.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I haven't found anything about the rating RR's being super RR's.  I did read that the floors will be rubber or cement.

One entry fee of $250 for adults for 1-7 events.

Hotel is the Westgate.
Rated events won’t be Super RR format. They will just be groups of 6 with top player advancing to SE play. The whole floor will be on the mats.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 4:37pm
The online entry form is available but i believe the parameters of the rating events are wrong...since they take the doubles rating events into consideration...can you please look into this Gordy...thanks.

Edited by emihet - 04/13/2018 at 4:38pm
Stiga Clipper Wood, Viscaria,BBC,
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 4:41pm

The online entry form is available but i believe the parameters of the rating events are wrong...since they take the doubles rating events into consideration...can you please look into this Gordy...thanks.
sorry, i chose the doubles events first and it would not let me register for the singles rated events, but i switched the order and now it works
Stiga Clipper Wood, Viscaria,BBC,
ttplay View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 12:48am
Does anyone know the format for the Hopes, Minicadet, and Cadet Singles event?  Will they be the same as before?  Thanks.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

ABCD doubles is the same as the STRR singles. Morning session with ABCD in a group, then afternoon/2nd round robin with all of the A's, then the B's etc. etc. Almost identical to the STRR singles.
Can Gordy or Vince or someone confirm how many players will be in the RR groups for the U2200 Super RR on Monday and also for the ABCD Super RR doubles on Saturday?

Or is that number determined at the time of the tournament?

Thanks.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 12:47am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

ABCD doubles is the same as the STRR singles. Morning session with ABCD in a group, then afternoon/2nd round robin with all of the A's, then the B's etc. etc. Almost identical to the STRR singles.

Can Gordy or Vince or someone confirm how many players will be in the RR groups for the U2200 Super RR on Monday and also for the ABCD Super RR doubles on Saturday?

Or is that number determined at the time of the tournament?

Thanks.
The 2200 super RR will be RR groups of 6. The ABCD doubles will depend on what the number of teams entered is. Currently 22 complete teams so most likely groups of 4 or 5 teams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic