Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best booster for tenergy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Best booster for tenergy?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [30.56%]
1 [2.78%]
1 [2.78%]
3 [8.33%]
9 [25.00%]
1 [2.78%]
1 [2.78%]
1 [2.78%]
1 [2.78%]
1 [2.78%]
6 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

By the way Chop4ever's sponge booster is pretty good on tenergy, it boosts it without softening it. Also well priced in my opinion.

Thanks Rocketman!
For anybody uses Tenergy on 5 plies blade, you shouldn't boost in any kind, it results as very long trajectory and uncontrolable.
For who uses Tenergy on ALC or ZLC or plain carbon, tuning by any thin liquid booster will bring Tenergy back to the speedglue era (as thin as good).

Depends on the purify, booster can have smell, little scent or nothing at all. In term of chemical performance, I define booster to 3 kinds: parafin based (Falco, baby oil, parafin,,), petrol based (Haifu, Lidu, Dianchi, Dandoy, Evo, Axel,..) and natural oil based (TRF and Reviver). Parafin based boosters are ordorless to earthy but very thick and is the worst performance.

I recommend to use the thinnest and ordorless booster but not parafin based.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

By the way Chop4ever's sponge booster is pretty good on tenergy, it boosts it without softening it. Also well priced in my opinion.

Thanks Rocketman!
For anybody uses Tenergy on 5 plies blade, you shouldn't boost in any kind, it results as very long trajectory and uncontrolable.
For who uses Tenergy on ALC or ZLC or plain carbon, tuning by any thin liquid booster will bring Tenergy back to the speedglue era (as thin as good).

Depends on the purify, booster can have smell, little scent or nothing at all. In term of chemical performance, I define booster to 3 kinds: parafin based (Falco, baby oil, parafin,,), petrol based (Haifu, Lidu, Dianchi, Dandoy, Evo, Axel,..) and natural oil based (TRF and Reviver). Parafin based boosters are ordorless to earthy but very thick and is the worst performance.

I recommend to use the thinnest and ordorless booster but not parafin based.
Aren't TRF and dandoy the same? So is it oil based of petrol based?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Nope, they are different on scent/smell and even on the chemical processing. Petrol is from fossil coal but natural oil is from living plants
Falco is not a booster
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 9:49pm

Nope, they are different on scent/smell and even on the chemical processing. Petrol is from fossil coal but natural oil is from living plants
How different is TRF and Kailin? Since they are both made of petrol, wouldn't they be very similar?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 1:44am

How different is TRF and Kailin? Since they are both made of petrol, wouldn't they be very similar?

Some TRF has small amount of turpentine (you could smell it), some made with kerosene and they work very differently. In Kailin, Dianchi and Lidu you could smell a hint of earthy sweety like sugar on the base of petroleum spirit. Yes they are weak or strong depend on the purify and colour.
So I asume they are different in fomula, hence react differently in Tenergy. 
Falco is not a booster
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 4:50am
I still don't know what TRF is, I went to TTnPP and still no idea
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 4:56am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

I still don't know what TRF is, I went to TTnPP and still no idea

Ohh..
I have checked that website and noted that they have stopped selling TRF Belgium booster. As I remember, they sell 150ml in a black bottle for 35USD.
Falco is not a booster
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 11:37am

Some TRF has small amount of turpentine (you could smell it), some made with kerosene and they work very differently. In Kailin, Dianchi and Lidu you could smell a hint of earthy sweety like sugar on the base of petroleum spirit. Yes they are weak or strong depend on the purify and colour.
So I asume they are different in fomula, hence react differently in Tenergy. 

rakza 9 from the pack smell like TRF .how you can pass the test with that rubber?
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 1:26pm
Does anyone know where to buy trf booster?
fieldingy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fieldingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 5:16pm
Has anyone tried out "Wendy Bio Booster" on ebay?  The description is similar to Dandoy.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 8:53pm

Does anyone know where to buy trf booster?
mrpz the guy selling cheap rubbers has trf for 17 euro! Good deal.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 7:23pm
The main reason for boosting Tenergy here is to make it faster.

Has anybody thought about reviving and old ternegy, which has slippery dried topsheet or shrunk too hard?  In this situation we must tune up both sides, to raise the grip of the topsheet and springiness of sponge.

Has anybody wonder which booster BTY manufacturer has used on their Tenergy and why it takes 11 years from 2007 but ENS still can't make the same rubber? is the secrete on the sponge, or the topsheet?

Has anybody thought about an alternative solution to renovate an ENS rubber to be closer to an Tenergy? As its price is increasing because there is nothing else could imitate its playing characteristics.

4Rs sustainable solution: Reduction, Reuse, Recycle and Recovery

If you don't damage the sponge buy that terrible parafin oil base booster, then we could apply 4Rs in Tenergy.
Reduction: If we can't avoid using it, then use when it is really needed. Don't overbuy them. Some could keep the edge to glue another sheet of Tenergy. Yes it works great in training and coaching.
Reuse and Recover: don't throw it to the bin, we could reuse it 100 hours more! My student bought one T80 and used it for 1 year in State Comp and National Comp, then gave it to his younger brother to use on penhold BH. After a year, the rubber looked dried and dead, they gave to me. I reboosted it, then glued to my training bat to play vs them. It performs like a new rubber in my hand!
Recycle: after it is finally dead, we could boil or iron it to separate the topsheet out, the sponge could be glue to shortpips topsheet or longpips chopping style.

Falco is not a booster
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 9:04pm
in the thread FITeT: Cheaters No Passaran !!
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Boosting (other than done by factory) is ILLEGAL and nobody seems to complain about it.....

Let the record show I am complaining about the use of boosters.  It is illegal.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Boosting (other than done by factory) is ILLEGAL and nobody seems to complain about it.....

Disagreed
It is called sustainability

Edited by chop4ever - 04/12/2018 at 9:24pm
Falco is not a booster
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 10:57pm
Friend, please take a look at this. https://www.captiongenerator.com/971652/Obsessed-with-equipment-part-2
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 11:30am

Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Disagreed
It is called sustainability

if the voc is under the limits is legal

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 11:46am

The main reason for boosting Tenergy here is to make it faster.

Has anybody thought about reviving and old ternegy, which has slippery dried topsheet or shrunk too hard?  In this situation we must tune up both sides, to raise the grip of the topsheet and springiness of sponge.

Has anybody wonder which booster BTY manufacturer has used on their Tenergy and why it takes 11 years from 2007 but ENS still can't make the same rubber? is the secrete on the sponge, or the topsheet?

Has anybody thought about an alternative solution to renovate an ENS rubber to be closer to an Tenergy? As its price is increasing because there is nothing else could imitate its playing characteristics.

4Rs sustainable solution: Reduction, Reuse, Recycle and Recovery

If you don't damage the sponge buy that terrible parafin oil base booster, then we could apply 4Rs in Tenergy.
Reduction: If we can't avoid using it, then use when it is really needed. Don't overbuy them. Some could keep the edge to glue another sheet of Tenergy. Yes it works great in training and coaching.
Reuse and Recover: don't throw it to the bin, we could reuse it 100 hours more! My student bought one T80 and used it for 1 year in State Comp and National Comp, then gave it to his younger brother to use on penhold BH. After a year, the rubber looked dried and dead, they gave to me. I reboosted it, then glued to my training bat to play vs them. It performs like a new rubber in my hand!
Recycle: after it is finally dead, we could boil or iron it to separate the topsheet out, the sponge could be glue to shortpips topsheet or longpips chopping style.

I dont know what booster bty use to make tenergy but I know that some female pro players carry butterfly booster in their bags
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I dont know what booster bty use to make tenergy but I know that some female pro players carry butterfly booster in their bags

By misinterpretation  I could consider it is a big joke for me....Wink
And in that situation I would be very curious to know how it works...
Falco is not a booster
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 10:33pm

a little metal bottle with no label inside the bag of korean player in the US open a coach bought the bottle
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 6:06am

a little metal bottle with no label inside the bag of korean player in the US open a coach bought the bottle

As I know long ago, there was a kind of 150ml tin bottle but it was from Nittaku, not BTY.

Falco is not a booster
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Tenergy + booster = waste of $75...

Yes it is, undebatably.

There was a specialized study (not for public knowledge) on boosters conducted by RITC science team, and they proved a harmful effect of boosters on ANY porous rubbers.

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BOOST THE COSTLY RUBBERS .

Yes, you're right indeed.   All those Boosters and Tuners will ruin the porous rubbers pretty easily. This is the very reason that Butterfly Tenergy warning a customer on each rubber envelope "Avoid oil and organic liquid on rubber".
After being treated with boosters, the porous rubbers will degrade dramatically in 15 hrs playing or so.   This is no matter for professional players who used to replace their rubbers every single week, and it would be some a tragedy for most of the commoners, given the Tenergy marketing price of 70 USD a piece.

https://tennis-tavolo.com/threads/studio-cinese-sui-booster.45893/#post-559061
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Yes it is, undebatably.

There was a specialized study (not for public knowledge) on boosters conducted by RITC science team, and they proved a harmful effect of boosters on ANY porous rubbers.

Yes, you're right indeed.   All those Boosters and Tuners will ruin the porous rubbers pretty easily. This is the very reason that Butterfly Tenergy warning a customer on each rubber envelope "Avoid oil and organic liquid on rubber".
After being treated with boosters, the porous rubbers will degrade dramatically in 15 hrs playing or so.   This is no matter for professional players who used to replace their rubbers every single week, and it would be some a tragedy for most of the commoners, given the Tenergy marketing price of 70 USD a piece.

Then, how come porous ESN rubbers come pre boosted?

Edited by SmackDAT - 04/14/2018 at 3:47pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 7:44am
https://www.captiongenerator.com/971652/Obsessed-with-equipment-part-2
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

https://www.captiongenerator.com/971652/Obsessed-with-equipment-part-2
Haha speak for yourself LOL I only have 1 blade sold my collection :P
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 4:24pm
no need to boost tenergy
The Older I get, The better I was.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 3:46am
I noticed that many Tenergy users start to boost after ABS ball arival...
I also don't like unboosted T05 with ABS ball .
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 4:02am
It is obviously a personal preference, but while I was playing with T05 (till last year) I always applied a layer of booster before cut and in few months again
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 4:04am
Didn't like my 64 boosted though...
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 5:31am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Yes it is, undebatably.

Undebateable???
What you have quoted above is a big encouragement to boost.
15hrs playing time? That's plenty. And after the 15 hrs or so, boost again.
T05 was introduced at the tail end of the speed glue era. It was designed to withstand repeated application of speed glue.
Simple arithmetic shows that, on average, a high level amateur player will buy 2 to 4 pairs of T05 rubber in a season whether he boosts or not. This player will use the older sheets for practice and new rubbers for the big tournaments/league matches. So there's not much difference in the basic economics of using boosters compared to not boosting.

I don't boost. I don't play tournaments generally plus I am not good enough a player to take advantage of the increased performance.
Empirically speaking, I have played with a fellow player's boosted T05. Even after a month on its 2nd boost job, I could feel the superior feel and performance of his bat as compared to my T05 setup.

Forget the bull shiiite above. Boosting T05 remains an affordable advantage for those who can handle it even at amateur level.
Note: I think my test bat used Falco as booster.
To the OP, sorry. I think I voted twice in error. Cry

Edited by Tinykin - 04/16/2018 at 5:41am
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 3:20pm
Did anyone tried more than 1 booster on Tenergy and can share which one worked the best?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic