Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victas V>15 Stiff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victas V>15 Stiff
    Posted: 04/10/2018 at 5:02pm
Has anyone played the V>15 Stiff yet?
Sponsored Links

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 8:49pm
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Did you check here yet?

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62506&KW=review&title=review-victas-v01-stiff
V15, not V01

It's a 45 degree non ultramax sponge so I wouldn't expect too much from it.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Did you check here yet?

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62506&KW=review&title=review-victas-v01-stiff

V15, not V01

It's a 45 degree non ultramax sponge so I wouldn't expect too much from it.

Oops, my bad! Sorry!
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 3:14pm
It is very bouncy and spinny. A level less in speed compared to rhyzer 48 but just as spinny. Also faster than z1 bluestorm.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2018 at 2:53pm
Yogi, with bouncy, do you mean hard to control? How does it compare to a T05?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 9:37pm
Not hard to control but it is faster than t05 with less spin sensitivity.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 8:47am
Is there any reviews? how does it perform at lower gears (serve, receive, brush...) and at power play?
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 8:52am
Just curious. What do those >15,>1 stand for in the names of the victas rubbers? Looks "special" to me and very hard to remember without knowing the thing behind these.
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Arpi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

Has anyone played the V>15 Stiff yet?

According to their web site V>15 Stiff does not exists. 

assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 4:50pm
It's a new rubber, they just haven't updated their site

Some stores sell it, e.g.:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/victas-v-15-stiff
or
http://www.stalotenisui.lt/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_86&product_id=1470
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 8:29pm
Very excited to try this. V > 01 Stiff is fantastic, by far the best backhand rubber I've ever used (amongst Fastarc G-1, Hammand Pro Beta, Rakza X, Rakza 7). V > 15 Extra is okay, the catapult effect is great, but the spin is somewhat disappointing, however this is offset by the insensitivity to spin, which is probably the rubber's greatest strength. If this can generate more spin, while maintaining the ability to be unaffected by your opponents spin, it could be a truly great rubber.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2018 at 3:08am
I've played for ~2 hours with this last night. I'm not entirely sure why someone would prefer the V>15 Stiff over the V>15 Extra - its perhaps even less spin sensitive and perhaps a bit easier to handle on slower brush strokes. Besides that, I can't see any clear advantages over the Extra.

Extra seems faster even in 2.0mm vs a max Stiff.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2018 at 5:17pm
I have now played over 6 hours with a max sheet and I think it is very good. Speed is important but control is a lot more so. I am not saying it is slow. Yogi's opinion is brief but I find it is correct.

Anyone who feels Z1 lacks something, they should look to get a sheet of the V15 Stiff. It is between MXP and ELP in hardness and only a little slower than MXP but the throw is higher. It needs skill though as it is not a slow rubber.

No smell of tuning whatsoever as opposed to MXP and the likes.
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 9:06pm
Number 15 is for year 2015 when Victas v15extra was introducted.

I played for 1 hour with V15 stiff on Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon. It's little softer then v15extra with less spin and speed but more control.

Edited by Pr1nc - 09/08/2018 at 9:10pm
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 4:04am
A word of caution: I tested my V15 Stiff on a Boll ZLC yesterday. I played against a chopper and the bouncy nature of the rubber came out. It is was very hard for my not to overshoot the first topspin off a push and when it came to just putting back heavy chops on the table, the lack of control was worrying. I do not know what the V15 Stiff does on ALC blades but I have a feeling it is for all-wood only. The positive side was that three people mentioned that it was a little spinnier and faster than the MXP on the other side, but the difference was marginal. However, in terms of control, the MXP is 1000 times better.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 1:41am
Hello Hans,

Have you tried the V15 Extra or Limber before? I am most curious about the Stiff version.
Is it waaaay more bouncy than the other 2 versions? I have good experience with the V15 Limber and was hoping the Stiff would be one with similar characteristics (Reduced bounce, insensitivity to spin, Linear, great for blocking and short-table control), with an increase in speed. The Extra is a little too much for me, and was always looking forward to a middle version.

Off topic, but I tried the V01-STIFF version. I did not like it one bit.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 10:28am
Hello Chewy,

Me and my teammates have tried the V15 Stiff, Limber and Extra. As you say, the Extra proved to be a bit too much.

The Stiff had some good characteristics as I described above but at the end of the day I would not encourage you to try it because it is bouncy. We have found that the Yasaka Rakza 7 is a very good rubber that incorporates the qualities you are looking for: not too bouncy but can produce good speed and spin and it is very reliable. Have you tried it?

If you are into Victas, my guess would be to try the new VJ 07 series.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 10:54am
Thank you Hans. Noted! 

The Extra is a great rubber. It has its strengths, but overall I feel on some shots, I cannot bring out the full potential, or have to deliberate adjust to do it. If it's for an all out attack game, I feel more comfortable with the OV7 Pro. 

Yes. I have tried the Yasaka Rakza 7 and 7 Soft. It is a good and durable rubber. For all round offense, it is easy to play too. But it didn't stand out much for me, if compared to the V15 Limber, V15L feels more dead, lesser bounce and I can be more aggressive on serve returns due to insensitivity. The R7 I felt, has a nicer arc, attacks better off the table and has more spin, especially on brush strokes where you don't engage the sponge. 

Using V15L when I'm tired (play one sided Cpen) and don't want to back off much, with fast drives, chops and blocks. 

I tried the VJ07 Regular in 2.0mm as a sample sheet. If you are a fan of Japanese type sponges, ie. Regalis, Mantra etc. You can try the VJ07. Or VJC 07, if you like stuff similar to Shining/ Rising dragon kind of hybrid. I prefer ESN fare, in the same aspect the VS402. But it gets tiring! (I don't boost) 

Any chance you tried the Aurus Select? If yes, could you kindly compare to the V15Stiff? Regarding bounciness, arc, topsheet sensitivity, blocking and ball placement? 

😁
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Chewy Chewy wrote:

The Extra is a great rubber. 
I tried the VJ07 Regular in 2.0mm as a sample sheet. 

I am a long-time V15 user but recently have been looking for alternatives as for me it lacks top end power on defensive blades (as do most rubbers). 
How does VJ07 compare to V15 Extra?   Is it faster? spinnier?

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 11:51am
Notfound, i really have no experience about the rubbers on defensive blades. Therefore i cannot be too sure. 

The VJ07 Regular I received was also in 2.0mm. Again, there are a few variants of this, and max thickness coming along soon. 

But a direct comparison with the VJ07 Reg in 2.0mm vs a V15 Extra in max. Regarding speed, V15 Extra is much faster. Like... alot faster. I can't be sure for spin.. because the V15 rubbers are not in the upper echelon of spinny rubbers for me. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Chewy Chewy wrote:

Thank you Hans. Noted! 

The Extra is a great rubber. It has its strengths, but overall I feel on some shots, I cannot bring out the full potential, or have to deliberate adjust to do it. If it's for an all out attack game, I feel more comfortable with the OV7 Pro. 

Yes. I have tried the Yasaka Rakza 7 and 7 Soft. It is a good and durable rubber. For all round offense, it is easy to play too. But it didn't stand out much for me, if compared to the V15 Limber, V15L feels more dead, lesser bounce and I can be more aggressive on serve returns due to insensitivity. The R7 I felt, has a nicer arc, attacks better off the table and has more spin, especially on brush strokes where you don't engage the sponge. 

Using V15L when I'm tired (play one sided Cpen) and don't want to back off much, with fast drives, chops and blocks. 

I tried the VJ07 Regular in 2.0mm as a sample sheet. If you are a fan of Japanese type sponges, ie. Regalis, Mantra etc. You can try the VJ07. Or VJC 07, if you like stuff similar to Shining/ Rising dragon kind of hybrid. I prefer ESN fare, in the same aspect the VS402. But it gets tiring! (I don't boost) 

Any chance you tried the Aurus Select? If yes, could you kindly compare to the V15Stiff? Regarding bounciness, arc, topsheet sensitivity, blocking and ball placement? 

😁

I have tried the Select. It is not really sensitive to anything and you can block with it consistently but in exchange it is slow, not spinny and means no threat for your opponent :D I have a teammate who tried it but gave it away after a couple of sessions and bought two sheets of Rasanter R42. I do not consider the Select as an effective rubber.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 3:00am
I see. Regarding speed, if you compare the Select and the V15 Limber. Which is faster? 

I liked the R47 for quite some time. Didn't really get used to the R42 though. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2019 at 3:52am
From memory, I recall they are more or less the same.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2019 at 2:28pm
Thanks again Hans. Duly noted! 😁
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 3:54am
-update
I managed to play with a V15 Stiff Max on an outer ZLC blade. 
I noticed that the pips were slightly taller and thinner than the Extra and Limber. 

- Felt harder to me than a usual 45 degree rubber, in fact I felt that the rubber was not soft at all
- On training shots (right positioning and strokes) ball was indeed loaded with spin and speed 
- Passive blocking is easy, active blocking, the ball shoots out fairly quickly due to the taut/stiff topsheet
- If you are a hard hitter with good positioning, like fast drives, and want something that has a stiff topsheet with good speed, you can take a look at this. 

But if you are used to, and like the V15 series. I suggest to stick to either the Extra or the Limber. The V15 Stiff is more of its own kind of thing, while they may have some similarities. I don't feel it is the real "middle" of the series. 

During gameplay. The usual V15s have a really nice feeling on the topsheets, the "bite" is there. Coupled with the insensitivy, shot placements and directional changes are great. Especially for close table play. 
With the Stiff, I immediately noticed the differences, the topsheet is harder to deform on lower powered shots, it is more bouncy, and instead of "biting" the ball is more "spitting". 

I still totally concur with Hans and our friends in this thread.  

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 4:18am
I believe that andro hexer grip and v15 stiff are the same rubbers with  different coloring for sponge. Same stiff topsheet same trajectory and same feeling. 
Thes
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 6:44am
Hey Tsubaba, 

I've tried the HPG before and while looping was a dream, I wished for a better short game. Now that you mentioned it, I agree with the somewhat stiff topsheet. With the HPG being slightly more elastic. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic