FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Clubs near Los Angeles, CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clubs near Los Angeles, CA
    Posted: 04/11/2018 at 4:51pm
I'll be traveling to the LA area tomorrow for the weekend.  I want to hit up 1 or 2 different clubs.  

What are some of the biggest, nicest clubs in this area?

Specifically I'll be in the Huntington Beach/Westminster area.

Thanks!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 8:05pm
OCTTA and Westminster are your two closest. I popped in OCTTA one day, I think you will like it.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 6:48pm
A lot of info here.

Edited by heavyspin - 04/12/2018 at 6:48pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

A lot of info here.

Does anyone have a review of the characteristics of any of these clubs ?
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 6:35pm
Thanks for the link! Definitely a lot of information. Trying to decide on the biggest/nicest club. Our hotel is near LAX. Any suggestions on which ones? Keeping he drive under an hour.
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 9:20pm
If you are staying near lax, oc is at least 45 min to an hour south.

Westside club is 20 to 30 min north.

Westside is open fri and sat. The weekly round robin is sat night.

The owners are very nice.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 12:56am
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

A lot of info here.

For some reason Malwarebytes blocks that site for me.

coffeeholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 2:08am
Westside table tennis is probably the best club in the vicinity. If you don't mind a trek to koreatown, you can drop by pro-tt or song jeho ttc. Both have friendly people and wide range of players.
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha | Yasaka Rakza 7 | Xiom OmegaIV Euro
Rubbers don't offer control. YOU are the control!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 2:10am
Ditto on Coffeeholic... any of the three Korean clubs are a great visit...

Coffeeholic, you never run into me on any of the times I was there or at Westside?
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 2:30am
Wow, what a great thread.
I usually have business trips to LA once a year and definitely will consider taking my paddle with me this time.
Korbel JPN / Cornilleau Target Pro GT / T05FX
tabletennisx32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennisx32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 3:05am
There's also California Table Tennis in Rosemead where I train. It's run by Gao Jun. 
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 12:26pm
Thank you so much guys. I’ve narrowed it down between ProTT and Song Jeho. They seem pretty close together. Looking at google images, to hard to tell, but it seems like Song Jeho may have more tables and might be nicer.
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 6:00pm
Dammit! I went to both of the clubs. One of them was about to close early because there’s a big yearly tournament nearby. The other was just completely closed. So disappointing. Every time I travel I try to find a club to visit but it never works out. The streak continues.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Ditto on Coffeeholic... any of the three Korean clubs are a great visit...

Coffeeholic, you never run into me on any of the times I was there or at Westside?

Unfortunately not. Haven't gone to Westside in ages. Nowadays, song jeho is the only place I visit on occasion. I really should frequent more. Just can't find the time. But if you decide to drop by one of the big 3 in ktown, drop a note! Maybe I can join you guys:)

Edited by coffeeholic - 04/15/2018 at 6:56pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Swiff Swiff wrote:

Dammit! I went to both of the clubs. One of them was about to close early because there’s a big yearly tournament nearby. The other was just completely closed. So disappointing. Every time I travel I try to find a club to visit but it never works out. The streak continues.

Very sorry to hear that. I find it odd that one of them completely closed. I should have thrown in the 3rd known option just for sake of this happening, which is hyundae center. Would you remember which one was closed? This is very unlike these clubs, especially in ktown. Unless the closed club decided to all participate in the mentioned tournament too. Sounds like bad timing :(

Edited by coffeeholic - 04/15/2018 at 6:57pm
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by coffeeholic coffeeholic wrote:

Originally posted by Swiff Swiff wrote:

Very sorry to hear that. I find it odd that one of them completely closed. I should have thrown in the 3rd known option just for sake of this happening, which is hyundae center. Would you remember which one was closed? This is very unlike these clubs, especially in ktown. Unless the closed club decided to all participate in the mentioned tournament too. Sounds like bad timing :(

Yes, Pro Table Tennis is the one that was closed.

Song Jeho was closing at 3pm instead of the usual time.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic