Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sanwei Pistol Racket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sanwei Pistol Racket
    Posted: 04/18/2018 at 9:43am
Now this i have to try!!

http://www.sanweisport.com/english/?prod=%E6%9E%AA%E6%8B%8D

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Sponsored Links

shinchan1506217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinchan1506217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2018 at 2:08pm
There are tournaments in Japan where people only use the pistol racket
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2018 at 2:11pm
Some weigh a bit less too, but rarely under 95 grams. 
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2018 at 3:01pm
Very interesting video.  Ingenious racket.  Earlier prototypes have been around for a good twenty years.  Barney Seed Sr. used a prototype; maybe still uses an upgrade.

Re the demonstrator in the video:  clean technique.  Bodaciously illegal forehand service.  Fh counters, bh counters, fh loops, bh loops real nice with that sucker.  Chiquita flips too--at least I think that's a Chiquita flip.  Fh and bh short pushes, longer fh and bh skid pushes.  Feichang butso.  

Really really really annoying music.  Ram a sock up that.  Hard.

Too late for me, alas, or I might consider buying one of those bad boys.  I did once own a pair of pistol grip forefinger hole rackets made by the Swedish player and artisan Lennart Brendling, the Brendling D-40 Looper blade, which I bought from Mr. Brendling at the 1992 World Vets' in Dublin.  You (well maybe not me) could do pretty much what the guy in the Sanwei video could do with it, but after attending a Cheng Yinghua/Jack Huang/Larry Hodges clinic in 1996 I ditched that racket for a conventional Brendling as after trying to make a loose grip pendulum serve with the Looper racket Cheng couldn't get the spin he wanted and I took his advice that a cobventional racket would be safer for service. 

I still have the Brendling D-40 Loopers.  They are as streamlined as Zhang's Lamborghini, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one for a player with a wrist problem.  The grip and wrist position is very comfortable.

I can hardly wait until Sanwei comes out with a pistol grip penhold version.

It's good to be posting once again to this forum.  I'll try to be a good geezer.  Happy ponging to all.  Over and out.  

Edited by berndt_mann - 04/18/2018 at 3:07pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 12:42pm
I have this blade. Believe me, it's not as good as it looks. I thought the grip seems comfortable and natural, but it's not. There is a hole to put your index finger in it, but it's totally useless because if we actually put the index finger in it, we lose all the feeling when the racket touch the ball and the racket will vibrate too much. So, I still need to press my index finger on the racket and the grip becomes a worse version of shakehand or an awkward hybrid of shakehand and cpen. My hand felt tight after playing just 15 minutes.
I gave up after playing with it twice.

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 12:57pm
thanks for the input balldance.

I guess these things often look better than they are
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

balldance thanks for your honest opinion. Obviously you already got over it but let me paypal you $5 anyway so you can buy yourself a beer and keep trying new stuff :)
the dude who did that either does not know the game or got too excited, just really wanted to do it, almost like the person who did that glove thing, the double paddle piece of stuff. Anyway I give those people credit for trying, believing and having the drive to make stuff happen! I believe those people and their spirit make humanity successful and I admire them, no matter their failures.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think the blade would still be fun to try isn't that what being an EJ is all about too? I mean we all try traditional equipment that often ends up not being suited to our games as well. I am pretty sure the penhold grip and the Seemiller were also the result of someone wanting to try something a different way. Or maybe someone invented Jpen that evolved to Cpen, or vice versa (I know we had a debate on the forum on this years ago with no conclusive results).

The RPB must have been criticized when someone tried to do it the first time as well. The pendulum serve, long pips, all variations are the result of a curious and enterprising mind, or minds.

There can be no innovation without repeated failures and the lessons we learn from them. Those of us who are not innovating can do the bare minimum and encourage those who are doing it.

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 2:04pm
thanks, fatt. I really do love trying new stuff and I also admire people who create those stuff.
I knew this pistol racket might not work out but it was too interesting for me to not try it LOL

@Ranger-man: yeah, the blade is still fun to try. And it'd be quite fun for recreational table tennis.

Edited by balldance - 04/22/2018 at 2:09pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 3:51pm
How about this?   Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc11hXsENIk

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic