Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe E4 and Nittaku Violin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Medax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe E4 and Nittaku Violin
    Posted: 04/20/2018 at 4:31pm

Hi equipment experts... 

Has anyone tried the Yinhe E4 and the Nittaku Violin ?  I have read some very good things about the violin, but to the price tag is a bit too hefty for me as a local league player.  I have read that the E4 is a clone of the violin so I was thinking of giving it a try?

Couple of things I need to think about...

I love my Yinhe 896 and I keep going back to it.  I can do most things I want with it.. it lacks some speed on blocks sometimes, but then I have to remember to force myself to play the shots (usually too late after I have lost the point though).

I tried a Stiga Infinity VPS about 3 years ago and I found it too fast to control for my lower level ,my shots were all over the place but then it was probably too early for me to use that blade at that time.

In the same year I punted for the 896 following the constant praises I read of Der Echte of the 896 and this was when I fell in love with it.

A year later I tried a SPW and I just couldn't get used to it.. it "felt" wrong for me,shots were better than my SI VPS experience,  but I don't think it was the type of "feel" that the like others talk about as I don't consider myself a high enough level to be that tuned in. back to the 896 I went.

Another year passed and I tried a w6 and this blade I like the speed of, I could play most shots I wanted, but just couldn't loop with it as well as the 896, so again 896 was back on the table.

I tried a Yinhe Pro-feeling on the off chance that I could use it.... blocking was awesome, I couldn't miss when blocking, everything was steered back onto the table, shame though that I hit everything long as again it was too fast for me at my level.

So now I recently happened across someone else talking about the Nittaku Violin, sounds like a nice blade but wow EXPENSIVE :( !!!

Thanks for bearing with me and reading this far :)

So having read the reviews and found a clone, I have these things to ask....

1) Can anyone tell me about the Yinhe E4 in comparison to the Violin?
2) What would people's opinion be for me to use the e4/Violin type of blade based on my experiences with blades above ?
3) I would like the blade to have a little more pace, be able to let me spin a little more (I know already... PRACTICE BRUSHING ;)), but still retain the control that I have found in the 896.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 7:46pm
E4 to me is thinner. It feels more flexible to the point of floppy.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2018 at 1:30am
There are several "clones" of Violin, but the best of these clones are this Yinhe E4 and Nexy Lissom. Personally I prefer Lissom. It is much more expansive (99 USD) than E4 (round about 50 USD), but that's also much cheaper than Violin. Nevertheless E4 is a very good and solid blade. You can't go wrong with it.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2018 at 10:39am
You will not go wrong with Yinhe E4 because it has a good feel, speed/spin balance.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

There are several "clones" of Violin, but the best of these clones are this Yinhe E4 and Nexy Lissom. Personally I prefer Lissom. It is much more expansive (99 USD) than E4 (round about 50 USD), but that's also much cheaper than Violin. Nevertheless E4 is a very good and solid blade. You can't go wrong with it.

I mean, 100 usd [Lissom] is 81 euro, which is only 25-30 euro cheaper than you can buy the violin [i.e. on special at TT11 its around 100-110 euro, or using a volume discount maybe even cheaper - i got an Acoustic CI Lg [More expensive by 15 euro than the violin], and 3 MXps and OVT for around 205  euro, for example.

Obviously, 50 USD there's a huge difference [its close to triple the price], but if you want a clone, i'd rather pay 30-35% more [than the Lissom] and get the original and never worry about it again.
Medax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

You will not go wrong with Yinhe E4 because it has a good feel, speed/spin balance.
Hi Yogi,

Do you think that this blade would be good for me based on my OP or do you think this is just a good blade in general ?  Would it be a step in the right direction from my 896 would you say ?

Many thanks

Medax
Medax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2018 at 7:38pm

Hi Magic,

i've looked and the best price I have found for the Lissom is as you said, about $99.  I cannot find a supplier in the UK, so it looks like i'd have to import and add duty/taxes and more expensive freight charges.

I like Yinhe blades, so I think I am leaning towards the e4... that and I can get the e4 in the UK for between £40-£45 delivered :)
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

I mean, 100 usd [Lissom] is 81 euro, which is only 25-30 euro cheaper than you can buy the violin [i.e. on special at TT11 its around 100-110 euro, or using a volume discount maybe even cheaper
100-110€ or cheaper ??? 
In the moment the Violin costs 164,34€ on TT11 - 15 % discount = 140€
Here in Germany I can get it for 130€ (http://https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/violin.html).
Please show me a shop where you can actually get it for 100-110€.
Of course he would get a higher discount if he buys additional goods, 
but 1) even with the highest discount (25%) the price would be 123€ (tax included)
and 2) maybe he would also get the Lissom cheaper together with some rubbers.

Originally posted by Medax Medax wrote:

Hi Magic,

i've looked and the best price I have found for the Lissom is as you said, about $99.  I cannot find a supplier in the UK, so it looks like i'd have to import and add duty/taxes and more expensive freight charges.
So you can import it without additional tax, but on the other side it is more expansive there.
Shipping included you could get it for round about 95 GBP.

Originally posted by Medax Medax wrote:

I like Yinhe blades, so I think I am leaning towards the e4... that and I can get the e4 in the UK for between £40-£45 delivered :)
That's a good decision. Thumbs Up Like I wrote: you can not go wrong with it. 
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 8:30am
I think the better is to find a used violin in good shape for sale.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 8:36am

Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

I mean, 100 usd [Lissom] is 81 euro, which is only 25-30 euro cheaper than you can buy the violin [i.e. on special at TT11 its around 100-110 euro, or using a volume discount maybe even cheaper
100-110€ or cheaper ??? 
In the moment the Violin costs 164,34€ on TT11 - 15 % discount = 140€
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-violin

Please show me a shop where you can actually get it for 100-110€.

108 euro
http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_6&products_id=457

Edited by piligrim - 04/22/2018 at 8:37am
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 11:58am
The Yasaka Sweden Extra is also a good option for the kind of blade you are looking for. Or as Mickael said, find a good used Violin. 
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 1:46pm
Yes, a good used one is around $80+shipping. I like Lissom too, but it’s probably cost the same, when you factor in the cost of shipping, plus if you want something, get it, don’t go for substitution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic