Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

NEW Kong Linghui - model available in USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Kong Linghui - model available in USA
    Posted: 04/26/2018 at 12:31pm
Butterfly (due to popular demand) released NEW Kong Linghui blade!!!
WOW under 100$ that is very unusual, was thinking more like 244$ it will cost...
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

WOW under 100$ that is very unusual, was thinking more like 244$ it will cost...
I would be more impressed if they brought back the Kong Lingui Special.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2018 at 1:43pm
5 ply wood.... -.- it better be less than $100

Edited by DreiZ - 04/27/2018 at 1:43pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Alisha_Hooksit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisha_Hooksit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2018 at 2:18pm
FYI Yinhe makes a good clone, the T7s, of the Kong Linghui Special for about 40$...
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2018 at 2:25pm
Actually the blade is not new. It was the blade Kong Linghui used for years until 2002 when Butterfly released his Kong Linghui Special blade. He used Arylate-Carbon only for his backhand.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Sabito Sabito wrote:

Actually the blade is not new. It was the blade Kong Linghui used for years until 2002 when Butterfly released his Kong Linghui Special blade. He used Arylate-Carbon only for his backhand.
I don't know what you mean he used Arylate-carbon only for his backhand.  If your blade is ALC, it applies to forehand and backhand.

It is true that he only made the switch to carbon in 2002, which he was past his prime and approaching retirement.  Most of the pros of the 1990s preferred all-wood blades, but they were hitting 38mm balls and using speed glue.  It was a different era.  The switch to carbon mainly came about with the introduction of 40 mm balls.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I don't know what you mean he used Arylate-carbon only for his backhand.  If your blade is ALC, it applies to forehand and backhand.

It is true that he only made the switch to carbon in 2002, which he was past his prime and approaching retirement.  Most of the pros of the 1990s preferred all-wood blades, but they were hitting 38mm balls and using speed glue.  It was a different era.  The switch to carbon mainly came about with the introduction of 40 mm balls.

There are pics of his custom blade using koto and spruce on his forehand, and hinoki and alc on his backhand. Just don't know where they are anymore because they are so old
haushamerschuah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haushamerschuah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 3:04am
Here it is:

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 9:48am

Looks like Sabito knows what’s he’s talking about. It’s rare though that player with both inverted rubbers use blade like that. Also, why Bty does not produce it for public? Why use KLH name and not his philosophy in blade?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Looks like Sabito knows what’s he’s talking about. It’s rare though that player with both inverted rubbers use blade like that. Also, why Bty does not produce it for public? Why use KLH name and not his philosophy in blade?

I m not sure but I ve heard that current 40+ ball speed and power is lower than the speed glue era I wonder if there s scientific research I havent found any but I dont think a layer is gonna change the speed in just one side
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by haushamerschuah haushamerschuah wrote:

Here it is:

Edited by pingpungpeng - 04/28/2018 at 3:41pm
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 5:54pm

Got a link? I can't seem to find it.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

https://shop.butterflyonline.com/kong-linghui-fl-blade-7607
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 6:21pm
[/QUOTE]

https://shop.butterflyonline.com/kong-linghui-fl-blade-7607[/QUOTE]
Cheers!Smile
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 8:56pm
That blade is all-wood, and has been around for a couple of years at least.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 5:51am
What is the construction of the new kong linghui?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 1:48pm
This blade was designed during the celluloid era ball. These balls had a 40 mm diameter (tolerance from 39.8 to 40.0 mm) and had a surface rougher than modern 40+ mm balls (tolerance from 40.0 to 40.2 mm). In spherical object aerodynamics rough surfaces are known to delay the point of separation of the boundary layer, which lowers the drag forces caused by turbulent flow behind the ball.

This is the reason golf balls were not designed with smooth surfaces.

Additional to this, when comparing plastic vs celluloid, plastic used in balls seem to have a less significant Elastic modulus (E) which means most new plastic balls dissipate more of the kinetic energy imparted to them. 
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I dont think a layer is gonna change the speed in just one side

For blade thickness such as this one, the degree of flex can be different between BH and FH side, so I think one can feel the difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic