FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Innerforce SZLC - the Harimoto blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innerforce SZLC - the Harimoto blade?
    Posted: 04/28/2018 at 3:06pm
Here's an interesting tidbit - and yes, this is obviously unconfirmed. 

A friend of mine is currently working at the World Team Championships in Sweden and had dinner with a bunch of folks from Butterfly the other night. The conversation at some point touched on blades and signature blades for players and how they are marketed. One of the Butterfly guys remarked that they are obviously working on a Harimoto blade and that he was wondering out loud what that one will cost in retail given the SZLC fiber used in it.

What we know already about the blade given the pictures is that it's an inner fiber blade.

Again, hard to obviously say this is real but I found it believable enough to share
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 3:55pm
interesting. thanks for sharing
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 12:36am
+1. The price of Butterfly blades are going up and up.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 2:57am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Which makes Yinhe, and others, look like extremely good value for money.

TT blades are not like cars where there are obvious, big desirable differences between a £25k Mazda MX5 and a £100k Mercedes GTS.

However, Butterfly are equivalent to Porsche in terms of marketing. They price their cars comparatively high simply because of the high desirability and almost religious following, deserving or not, of the product.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 6:39am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

interesting in guessing the price? I say higher than both zjk szlc and mj szlc.

hope not higher
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Which makes Yinhe, and others, look like extremely good value for money.

TT blades are not like cars where there are obvious, big desirable differences between a £25k Mazda MX5 and a £100k Mercedes GTS.

However, Butterfly are equivalent to Porsche in terms of marketing. They price their cars comparatively high simply because of the high desirability and almost religious following, deserving or not, of the product.

the quality of a bty blade compared to a brand ñile.nittaku or tibhar is close .cant compare the materials and tech of an audi compared to honda

the excuse why szlc blades are more expensive is a joke. they claim the metal blades used to cut the bladed gotta be replaced often

Edited by bbkon - 04/29/2018 at 12:07pm
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 12:44pm
Regarding SZLC prices: yes, they are extremely high. However, no one else has created a blade that feels similar to SZLC in my opinion. The closest so far (for me) has been the Tibhar CCA Unlimited - which is also a ~$200 blade.

As BBKon said, Butterflys quality for blades is up there with the absolute best Nittaku blades. 

Lets also make sure that this doesn't become a Butterfly-Pricing-Strategy bashing topic.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

Regarding SZLC prices: yes, they are extremely high. However, no one else has created a blade that feels similar to SZLC in my opinion. The closest so far (for me) has been the Tibhar CCA Unlimited - which is also a ~$200 blade.

As BBKon said, Butterflys quality for blades is up there with the absolute best Nittaku blades. 

Lets also make sure that this doesn't become a Butterfly-Pricing-Strategy bashing topic.
CCA is like ALC tho?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 2:09pm
Yes, I meant in regards to sweet spot size
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

CCA is like ALC tho?

I have an old stiga carbon bladd with the same feel like a zjk SZLC also tried garaydia and has an awful feel despite being over 200$
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 3:03pm
Which blade is that? Would love to try it. Feel is always subjective so it's hard to say. Plenty of people love the Garaydia, plenty of people have the SZLC
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 3:20pm

Which blade is that? Would love to try it. Feel is always subjective so it's hard to say. Plenty of people love the Garaydia, plenty of people have the SZLC

2006 carbo 7.6 stiga way faster and better than current version. very nice solid catapult feel
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 6:23pm

Which blade is that? Would love to try it.

I think we need to organize a intervention here...
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

hahahaha :) I wasn't entirely serious. My experimentation will soon come to an end with the US Nationals looming, I'll have to focus more on playing and technique than equipment. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 8:22pm

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

hahahaha :) I wasn't entirely serious. My experimentation will soon come to an end with the US Nationals looming, I'll have to focus more on playing and technique than equipment. 

its not rocket science building a blade that match szlc
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 8:48pm
Maybe you should create a table tennis manufacturing company then. Easy peasy.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 9:27pm

Maybe you should create a table tennis manufacturing company then. Easy peasy.

would you buy my blades?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 9:50pm
if they play and feel like an SZLC, I would.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 10:12pm
Super ZLC is a super scam. It's the same carbon and Zylon material just in a 1k weave instead of 3k. Let's say you go by weight and 15% can be something other than wood . You could use 14k gold and it would cost less than super zlc.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Super ZLC is a super scam. It's the same carbon and Zylon material just in a 1k weave instead of 3k. Let's say you go by weight and 15% can be something other than wood . You could use 14k gold and it would cost less than super zlc.

butterfñy chaeges that becaues their marketing machinery has convinced many people that designing that blade is really high tech
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 3:15am
No no no.... I have personally borrowed blade from Harimoto during his match. He is using Innerforce ALC with Zhang jike handle. He has sanded his blade nicely so that I don't cut the finger. 
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by cherng cherng wrote:

No no no.... I have personally borrowed blade from Harimoto during his match. He is using Innerforce ALC with Zhang jike handle. He has sanded his blade nicely so that I don't cut the finger. 

was very fast?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 8:20pm

he let to anybody borrow his racket?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 9:47pm

Aside from the question if this is true or not, I wonder how you are able to tell the difference which material the composite layer had?
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 10:08pm
From the pictures I have seen of his blade it's some type of innerforce ALC. ZYLON is easy to pick out with its yellow fibers. Butterfly even lists his blade on their Japanese web site as custom ALC. Unless he has changed recently I doubt it's SZLC.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 10:40pm
Introducing "SALC" lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic