Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Kaytec ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Kaytec ZLC
    Posted: 05/05/2018 at 9:51pm
This post is just for future reference if anyone ever is thinking about purchasing this blade.

This blade is the Jun Mizutani ZLC in Chinese Penhold.  I'm guessing that they renamed it since it's a China-only blade and they thought it would sell better without Mizutani's name attached.
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
Sponsored Links

MalinHD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MalinHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 4:16am
I intend to buy this Kaytec from pingpang365. Is its composition the same as the Jun Mizutani? 

Any other reviews?
KLHfans View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLHfans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2018 at 12:42am
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 3:48pm
Thanks for the share.  Out of curiosity, was it released alongside Mizutani ZLC or way after?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

Thanks for the share.  Out of curiosity, was it released alongside Mizutani ZLC or way after?

Afterwards if I recall correctly - it came out along with the Hadraw series push by BTY (i.e., around when they changed their logo).
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
MalinHD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MalinHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 10:21pm
Opinari: How does the Kaytec perform compared to the ZJK ALC? I also have a ZJK ALC CS
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2018 at 8:30pm
My Kaytec picture link
Mine weighs 89g. Paired this with R47 Ultramax, I play 1-sided TPB.
On the back-side of the blade, I used an Oracal car-deco sticker in black. :)

The composition is exactly like MJ ZLC.
Limba- ZLC - Limba - Kiri - Limba - ZLC - Limba.

Similarly with a Limba ZLC composition from BTY: IF Layer ZLC
Personally I do not like the Innerforce Layer ZLC, it was too inconsistent for my use.
Overall the IF ZLC has a great feel, but on some shots while the ZLC engaged, I couldn’t control the speed/rebound on my shots.
Especially in directional change blocks. Sometimes I wished the ZLC didn’t engage but it did vice-versa.

My preferred composites have always been ZLC and very thin Carbon Fleece.
ZLC for me, has a very nice feel (perhaps closer to a woody feel). Somehow I feel it is softer compared to ALC. ALC has this “absorb” and a touch more numb feeling. But very steady nevertheless. And I’m sure many people might beg to differ.
ZLC still has a very strong elastic kick/ rebound. I play 1 sided Jpen too, and while this is nothing like a 1-ply hinoki. It’s a good alternative for that “kick” when you powerloop.

For the Kaytec, as the ZLC is on the second layer. My shots were more or less of the same quality, in this sense giving me more consistency and stability. As I could anticipate better. Great dwell, medium soft feel and more than enough power.
I’ve always preferred Limba top ply blades, if you like both Limba and ZLC, I suggest you give this blade a try.

Cheers!
MalinHD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MalinHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2018 at 10:17pm
Thanks for your review! I have tried the new ZJK ALC for a couple of times and quitted. It is too stiff, no feeling for me, possibly because I am used to wooden blades. Then, I returned to my IF ALC.S, which provides the "wood feeling" and very good control but a bit lack of power, especially when the FH rubber gets old.

I will buy the KAYTEC soon:)
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2018 at 11:00pm
You are welcome!
ZJK ALC always looks tempting. But whenever I think of the Koto top ply I shun away. (With what you said, I don’t think I will ever buy it, confirms my thoughts)
Somehow I just can’t play well with koto. It’s too hard for me. But then again, I can use Walnut on both the YEO and Intensity. *shrugs
My preferred top ply choice - Limba > Hinoki > Walnut
Using Kaytec & Carbonado 45 for now.

Hmm, it really depends if you like inner or outer carbon more?
If you like inner, there are many more options for penhold blades.

Limba top ply blades
If you like inner carbon and ALC, and like the ALC.S just not the power. I suggest you can try IF layer ALC? It’s thicker than the ALC.S, the second ply is Limba instead of spruce though. Ma Long V and Fang Bo 2 are viable options too. Comparing both the IF ALC and the ZLC, I felt the IF ZLC gave more of a woody feel, has more rebound. ALC felt more stiff and had more control.

Unless you want to go with outer carbon altogether and want a Limba top ply with the ZLC then yes. Kaytec!

Edited by Chewy - 08/08/2018 at 11:02pm
MalinHD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MalinHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2018 at 11:10pm
Your review is awesome! I was extremely curious when ordering the ZJK ALC from BTF in China but it disappointed me after a few matches. I don't know why Wong Chun Ting can play with this piece of iron :) (Possibly I was motivated by him :(((

Now I know what I would buy next, for my play and collection: IF ZLC. 

I tried the shakehand version yesterday and found it better than the ALC.S :)

I am also getting curious about the new Golden Viscaria and intend to buy one. I hope it will not disappoint me like the ZJK ALC :)
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2018 at 11:49pm
Your curiosity is my gain! Saved me the money!
It’s ok, growing up I always wanted to fly like Kim Taek Soo/ Ryu Sueng Min. 1-ply Hinoki 10mm to 10.5mm slapped with max thickness rubbers. Never could I excel. It’s like being handed a Ferrari with a horrendous driver within. 🤣

Seems like IF ZLC is your thing for now(tried and tested). Go for it then!

If you didn’t like the ZJK ALC at all, very likely you would not like the Viscaria Golden either.
Would advise you to skip!
MalinHD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MalinHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2018 at 11:57pm
Thanks for saving me US$550 (Prott.vip) :(((((

The IF ZLC is only US$180 in my country!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic