tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Goose Island Traveling TT Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goose Island Traveling TT Club
    Posted: 05/17/2018 at 2:42pm
The GITTTC has been on the move. Guadalupe River State Park, San Antonio TT Club. Brazos Bend State Park, Texas TT Training Academy (Houston) and now back in San Antonio area at Canyon Lake. Did some body rotation training this morning witn 2 hrs kayaking on the lake. 1st of 5 coaching sessions at SA club this afternoon. Tried to visit Houston Table Tennis Association only to find they are permanently closed.

GITTTC has a couple of new members. One has some really stinging shots, but their game is a little flighty. Two others are related and are very athletic with great eyesight. They are a little shy so not sure if they will stay with the club. Their pictures below.

Edited by mjamja - 05/17/2018 at 2:42pm
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 5:24pm
Jokes aside, does the name have anything to do with the island near Chicago or the brewery named after the island?
Blade - Butterfly Joo Saehyuk ST
Forehand - Xiom Omega 5 Asia
Backhand - Xiom Vega Europe DF
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 7:22pm
Not Chicago related. Goose Isand State Park is near Corpus Christi, Tx. It was one of the first places I took my travel trailer and where I filmed the "Shadow Returns" thread video. In that video I introduced the idea of my trailer as the Goose Island TT Club. Since I am traveling full time it has been renamed the Goose Island TRAVELLING TT Club.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 8:51pm
When do you travel beyond the borders of Texas?  It's a big state, I'll grant you, but it's a big country, even if you only go west.
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 9:01pm
I start west on the 29th of May.

Hope to be out of Texas by sometime in August

Seriously, will be in Las Vegas for WVC by mid June.

Edited by mjamja - 05/17/2018 at 9:02pm
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2018 at 12:32pm

When the traveling ends, where will you end up? 
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

When the traveling ends, where will you end up? 

Wherever I want to be!

2018 plan is June to early Sept work way up to Olympic National Park in Washington state. Then rest of Sept to late Nov work my way back to South Texas. Probably San Antonio or Corpus Christi areas. In April 2019 start heading to east coast and eventually Quebec. Look out Triangle TT, MDTTC, and Westchester TT clubs. I will be coming your way in 2019.

Mark
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2018 at 2:33am
I was thinking about a new version of table tennis you could try out.  

First rule: you have to play on a lawn or other firm grass.  You're probably thinking that's not so bad, even if it a little weird.  Wait until...

Second rule: you have to play with spiked golf shoes.

Think about what this does to footwork.  Finally, a change that's useful for the over 40 players.Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic