Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best Handmade Blade (Osp, BBC)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Handmade Blade (Osp, BBC)
    Posted: 05/27/2018 at 12:29pm
Hello is there a fast handmade blade with a very big sweetspot, who is very fast, have a nice high catapult for a aggressive topspin/looping game from both sites (should generate good spin too in serves and topspin rallys).

I played the Butterfly innerforce layer alc (88 gramm), i won many matches but i had the feel that it could not generate as much spin as i like (could be because of the plastic ball) and the catapult was not high enought for me (topspin against backspin was a little bit hard to execute).

The sweetspot should be very big and it should be as fast as the innerforce layer alc (but not so extrem like the hurricane long 5, with limba would be nice, the price is not soo important)

thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links

lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2018 at 3:35pm
SoulSpin Roots Offensive 3:5ply: You can go to the SoulSpin internet site and get information on the blade in detail including custom order for your handle. Slevin has a review of it somewhere on this site.

GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The OSP Ultimate and the BBC Ghost are blades you want to try. They are much softer than IF alc though, layer or not, so if you do not like soft ignore my comment. The catapult is there and the sweet spot is big. The Ghost is a 5-ply but it feels like a 7-ply due to the huge thickness of its outer plies and overall 7mm thickness. They are all wood and fast, give them a try if soft is ok with you, to me they are the best all wood soft blades ever made and they are perfect to topspin the plastic ball.
Thank you very much, but i think i need some carbon/arylate/basalt for the sweetspot of the balde
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2018 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The OSP Ultimate and the BBC Ghost are blades you want to try. They are much softer than IF alc though, layer or not, so if you do not like soft ignore my comment. The catapult is there and the sweet spot is big. The Ghost is a 5-ply but it feels like a 7-ply due to the huge thickness of its outer plies and overall 7mm thickness. They are all wood and fast, give them a try if soft is ok with you, to me they are the best all wood soft blades ever made and they are perfect to topspin the plastic ball.
Thank you very much, but i think i need some carbon/arylate/basalt for the sweetspot of the balde

IMHO, only a blade with 2 vibranium layers can solve your problem.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2018 at 4:34pm
Wakanda blades, pricey but worth it .....
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2018 at 5:56pm
timo boll spirit should have extra catapult. its head heavy they say
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

Then try the carbon version of the Ultimate
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 11:06pm
I'm not a level 10 EJ, but I will say that the BBC Nine (hinoki wood layers, 4 layers of nano carbon, bombax center) could be considered.  I played with it a year and then tried the viscaria but went back to the BBC Nine. 

But obviously Hinoki/cypress you either like or not like.  But it has a higher throw and fantastic  with looping.  And still great with active blocks.

Its got 9 layers so but not super thick.

If you don't twiddle much, I'd recommend the "scoop handle" as it is very comfortable.

(price is definitely high...lol)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic