tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Meniscus tear - temporary pain relief?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 10:41am
Great news on the knee. Maybe you'll get to play Thomas Keinath at Broward on his way to the WVC.
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Great news on the knee. Maybe you'll get to play Thomas Keinath at Broward on his way to the WVC.

That would be great.. Thomas is a great guy.. I chat with him every time we are at the same tournament..
I doubt that anyone will be able to challenge him at the tournament.. Should be easy money for him..
I wonder if he will be able to play the Teams event with Brad.. Their combined rating is 2 points above the 4800 threshold... (4802), so theoretically, they should not be allowed to play together as it's a U4800 teams event..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon OX with removed glue sheet on backhand
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

That would be great.. Thomas is a great guy.. I chat with him every time we are at the same tournament..
I doubt that anyone will be able to challenge him at the tournament.. Should be easy money for him..
I wonder if he will be able to play the Teams event with Brad.. Their combined rating is 2 points above the 4800 threshold... (4802), so theoretically, they should not be allowed to play together as it's a U4800 teams event..

Brad was worried about this scenario, but last time I talked to him they were under - did someone pick up unwanted 2 points somewhere?
USATT: ~1800
Dr. N Barricade - AK47 blue - Air UpUpUp (0.6mm)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Brad was worried about this scenario, but last time I talked to him they were under - did someone pick up unwanted 2 points somewhere?

Thomas Keinath rated is 2762 since 2015
Bradley Robbins is rated 2040 since December 2017

2762 + 2040 = 4802

Edited by Pushblocker - 06/13/2018 at 1:07pm

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon OX with removed glue sheet on backhand
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 1:32pm

UPDATE: As of this morning, I'm completely pain free on my bad knee.. just in time for the Broward tournament this weekend. Hope that the pain won't return.. Keeping my fingers crossed.. However, my elbow hurts.. I had tennis elbow about 2 years ago and I hope that it won't return... Right now, it's not as bad as the tennis elbow I used to have.. Took over 6 months for the pain to go away when I had tennis elbow..
There is a highly effective and very simple and cheap solution for tennis elbow using the FlexBar.  See  this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJA_MmAS5ws.  I have never seen a situation where it didn't work.

It also works for golfer's elbow by reversing the motions.  Check YouTube for videos.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 1:49pm
Yes Flex bar help me a lot.  I use the green bar.  You may want stronger bar, as green is a little light even for me, after I recover some of my strength.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 4:39pm
thanks. I'll give it a try if the pain persists..

pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 6:14pm

2762 + 2040 = 4802

Hah! I guess someone did not do too well in math.... When I talked to him few weeks ago he was confident they are OK, and I never looked ratings up :)
USATT: ~1800
Dr. N Barricade - AK47 blue - Air UpUpUp (0.6mm)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 2:05pm

2762 + 2040 = 4802

Hah! I guess someone did not do too well in math.... When I talked to him few weeks ago he was confident they are OK, and I never looked ratings up :)
Just talked to Brad and he told me that the TD allowed them to compete despite the 2 extra points..
I remember that in the past they did the same for other teams if they were only slightly over..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic