Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Why ITTF has not banned abnormal rubbers ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2018 at 11:13pm
My suggestion: lock szndoga and berndtmann in a room together and let them argue one another to death.

What does disappoint me, however, is that no one appears to have picked up the inherent racism that's also included in the OP.
Sponsored Links

mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2018 at 11:25pm
To be honest, Tassie52... I couldn't get past reading the first half of his post... I just assumed the rest was about the same thing.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

Originally posted by szndoga szndoga wrote:

Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

I guess Stellan Bengstton wasn't an athlete, you might want to let him know that he shouldn't have used short pips to win his world chanpionship. 

Stellan used short pips ? REALLY ? Can Danny Seemiller or someone else confirm this ?
I thought Stellan used normal rubber (smooth, inverted)

I think Stellan used short pips on his backhand later in his career.

simple. if you cant cope pips and anti at normal.level is because you cant figure out the spin an tt basic knoweledge
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

I guess Stellan Bengstton wasn't an athlete, you might want to let him know that he shouldn't have used short pips to win his world chanpionship. 

Stellan used short pips ? REALLY ? Can Danny Seemiller or someone else confirm this ?

I think Stellan used short pips on his backhand later in his career.

Yes, he used short pips on the BH late in his career.
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 3:10am
The obvious problem of the materials in the TT comes from the fact that the economy 
of our "sport" is based on the sale of products to the players rather than on
the promotion of table tennis. The result is "under the eyes of all" the tennis who
chose the "promotion of the game" is amazing for the spectator,
table tennis is not even considered a sport. Thanks ITTFClap
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 4:02am
THE EVIL WILL KNOWS NO BARRIERS ...

By now, ITTF has banished a good many nasty rubbers, of those the Long Grass pimples was a hell nasty thing.
And you can still purchase some china-made pimples well identical to the LG, sized 1.9 mm x 1mm. Those bear no ITTF logo, though.

This is just to say,
-- The evil will knows no barriers. Players always disregard all the Rules , sorry.   
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

My suggestion: lock szndoga and berndtmann in a room together and let them argue one another to death.

What does disappoint me, however, is that no one appears to have picked up the inherent racism that's also included in the OP.

You are right.

The OP should consider this a formal warning about making remarks about nationality and trolling.
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 5:21am
I have got a DHS 652 penhold bat about I think it would be a better sport if we could only use pips. I also would be much worse but I think it would make it more competitive and interesting to watch.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 12:12pm
As far as funky rubbers being bad for public viewing, i don't think the public ever goes to see a bunch of 1400 players duke it out, and most of the time people winning open singles are around 2400 or above, and those guys make it look good, pips or not!
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 1:17pm

Why would you value Danny Seemiller's response if he's one of the non-athletic cheaters you described earlier?
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Why would you value Danny Seemiller's response if he's one of the non-athletic cheaters you described earlier?

can't be sure but never heard he used short pips at his world championship.  BTW short pips is a normal rubber - I think it came just before the inverted.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

can't be sure but never heard he used short pips at his world championship.  BTW short pips is a normal rubber - I think it came just before the inverted.

I think Dan Seemiller used anti, AKA frictionless inverted rubber.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I think Dan Seemiller used anti, AKA frictionless inverted rubber.

I am sure he did on his non-usual-playing side but doesn't mean he can't validate if Bengston used pips when he won his world championship
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 3:11pm
anyone who asks this question 
the answer is because you dont like it Wink
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 4:34pm
 If it takes more skill to beat a player, with rubbers that an inexperienced player does not know how to play against, then that is good, not bad. Tell me the last time the best player in the world had any kind of combination, pips etc ?  The absolute truth is that if a player loses at ANY level to a combination player, pips, antiloop, or anything he can't read or play against, its his own fault. Absolutely period, because others can ! and if they can, You can, we all can, its just an excuse for inability to blame any kind of rubber that an exponent uses, as the reason that you lost.
The Older I get, The better I was.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 4:53pm
The dumbest thread ever and there were a few really dumb. 

Only a complete patzer who has no idea of table tennis would want a ban on pips/anti.

If you don't like pips and thinking while playing is impossible for you, then just go play tennis. It is a simple game that every gardener and maid can understand.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 06/08/2018 at 4:58pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 8:29pm

bengston played with yasaka pips
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 8:39pm
idiotic argument!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

has berdnt been blocked again?
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 8:42pm

It is very frustrating that ITTF still has not banned abnormal rubbers like pips and anti. We all know that ONLY non-athletes use abnormal rubbers to compensate for lack of skill and only normal rubbers users are honest athletes. Even otherwise we normal rubber users are in vast majority and must raise our voice in the strongest manner to get these abnormal rubbers banned. We need to keep the sport pure and it is hard for spectators to understand why good players miss easy shots (abnormal rubber user who cheat by treating their pips with chemicals with expoxy etc) .   It is same as is in some countries where less qualified students get admission to colleges or get jobs because of their nationality. This practice must stop. It is as if we are afraid of these abnormal freaks. It is time someone stood up and spoke the  truth and not be afraid of being controversial. What will these freaks do ?  Quit the sport ? I can only hope so.  Please sign this petition to ITTF to ban all these abnormal rubbers 

idiotic argument, 
genuine masters should be able to play against any variation of rubber , it makes game more tactical and
interesting, not pure physical and mechanical.

osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 8:44pm
nothing should be banned, mastery should be a focus, it is not powerlifting.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2018 at 8:48pm
I´m very much convinced he´s a troll.
Posted some controversial sh*t and abandoned the topic.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 2:16am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I just spotted this post.  Stellan used short pips in the later part of his career.  I don't recall the exact year of his switch, but it was around the late 70s (possibly even 1980+).  He was smooth both sides before then, including when he won the world championships.  I have the impression that the switch to pips reflected the fact that he was getting older and slower.  Another factor might have been (this is only my guess) that speed glue was just starting to become popular and he was looking for a way to control powerful boosted loops into his backhand.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I just spotted this post.  Stellan used short pips in the later part of his career.  I don't recall the exact year of his switch, but it was around the late 70s (possibly even 1980+).  He was smooth both sides before then, including when he won the world championships.  I have the impression that the switch to pips reflected the fact that he was getting older and slower.  Another factor might have been (this is only my guess) that speed glue was just starting to become popular and he was looking for a way to control powerful boosted loops into his backhand.

Thanks for the correction, I've updated my earlier post.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic