FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

I'm a believer in Harimoto now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2018 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Originally posted by prorefurbltd prorefurbltd wrote:

Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I think CNT had Ma Long lose on purpose so ZJK could win this tournament and get revenge on Harimoto.....just how CNT had FZD lose to him earlier this year. People just need to admit that at any time Harimoto could beat any of the CNT members. Once he hits his prime CNT strategies won't even matter cause he may simply be to good.

Do you also think Zhang Like let Harimoto win for the sake of home fans? 

Maybe jpenmaster is not too far-fetched.  I thought ML looked very unmotivated.  Maybe dump is too strong a word.  Perhaps, "did not play to full potential and gave HT plenty of opportunities that he normally would not give" is a better description.  And what was up with ML missing easy forehands? SMH.  

The ZJK match, I think ZJK wanted to win... but under his terms meaning calm, cool, collected style but not pumped up fighting style.  Good win for HT!

you got a point that missed forehands never seen that mistakes in a cnt

Guys, even Ma Long and ZJK are human after all, there's good days and bad days. It happens to everybody... no need to overthink conspiracy theories! ML struggled with service return which pretty much cost him the game. 

Give credit to Harimoto for playing an innovative style at the highest of levels. 

ZJK's BH seems to be back in form, but his FH just looks terrible at the moment. I cringe every time he forces that FH, it just looks so painful. I believe Harimoto would have won easier if he had went more to ZJK's deep FH and elbow area instead of sending so many balls to his BH. 
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Originally posted by prorefurbltd prorefurbltd wrote:

Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I think CNT had Ma Long lose on purpose so ZJK could win this tournament and get revenge on Harimoto.....just how CNT had FZD lose to him earlier this year. People just need to admit that at any time Harimoto could beat any of the CNT members. Once he hits his prime CNT strategies won't even matter cause he may simply be to good.

Do you also think Zhang Like let Harimoto win for the sake of home fans? 

Maybe jpenmaster is not too far-fetched.  I thought ML looked very unmotivated.  Maybe dump is too strong a word.  Perhaps, "did not play to full potential and gave HT plenty of opportunities that he normally would not give" is a better description.  And what was up with ML missing easy forehands? SMH.  

The ZJK match, I think ZJK wanted to win... but under his terms meaning calm, cool, collected style but not pumped up fighting style.  Good win for HT!

you got a point that missed forehands never seen that mistakes in a cnt

Guys, even Ma Long and ZJK are human after all, there's good days and bad days. It happens to everybody... no need to overthink conspiracy theories! ML struggled with service return which pretty much cost him the game. 

Give credit to Harimoto for playing an innovative style at the highest of levels. 

ZJK's BH seems to be back in form, but his FH just looks terrible at the moment. I cringe every time he forces that FH, it just looks so painful. I believe Harimoto would have won easier if he had went more to ZJK's deep FH and elbow area instead of sending so many balls to his BH. 

yeo missing a loop by 4 inches is ok but not 8 inches height
prorefurbltd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prorefurbltd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 4:15am
Speed of Harimoto switching and luck of spin on the forehand smash and backhand punch surprised not only  Ma Long but all China National Team. When Jike lost 4 straight in Hong Kong it wasn't a fluke win for Harimoto. Jike couldn't read where Harimoto going to switch plus he struggle with Harimoto spinny backhand. As it stands only Dima can overpower  Harimoto on the backhand. Players scared to serve short to Harimoto . He is very consistent with back hand aggressive return. Also his footwork is very smooth compared to aggressive footwork of Chinese players. Harimoto reflex is very fast and most important accurate placement with a much shorter stroke  compared to Chinese style. I think Harimoto struggling when facing left handed players  from china and Lin Gaoyuan match in HonKong is a perfect example. Constant attacks to Harimoto forehand side upset his rhythm and style of play changed. He couldn't punch with backhand at all. Lets see what is going to happen in Korea Open. It would be great for Harimoto to rest.
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 4:28am
ma long, zhou yu, fzd, zjk, lin GY all lost
to Harimoto on purpose, right?
The chinese fans on this forum are so bitter towards a 14 year old kid and tried to discredit Harimoto's achievement. Shame on you

Edited by jackwong23 - 06/11/2018 at 4:35am
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

The chinese fans on this forum are so bitter towards a 14 year old kid and tried to discredit Harimoto's achievement. Shame on you

When did Harimoto beat Lin GY?
TT newbie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:31am
Harimoto is not only developing top class strokes but also passing through keys situations at very young age. When he reaches the peak of his physical capacity he will be very experienced. 
I´m sure the whole CNT consider him the biggest, and maybe the only real threat.
This is very interesting, to know how the young CNT players will deal with him. None of them seems to be on pair with the excellence of Ma Long, ZJK and FZ.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

=======================
It is the other way around.
Lin Gaoyuan beat Harimoto in the Round of 16 in China Open.  (4-1)

jackwong23 is wrong.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:51am
ZJK entered the Korea Open.
Let's see how he does there.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

=======================

jackwong23 is wrong.

tell something new. I bet if harimoto is defeated next tournament he will say" oh he s tired after japan open ,out of form"
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 6:25pm
With both parents being Chinese there sure is some influence but I say Harimoto plays a more female style - closer to the table and does not give up ground. Perhaps mom is the secret weapon here. Maybe she has found a new formula.

His backhand is amazing, like it was born for the current ball and style that the men play. He punishes pivots with the punch blocks. His form is amazing.

#1 for Harimoto might be a year or less away. 2020 Japanese Gold? Seems quite possible. Improving the forehand side is still easily possible as he grows up.

TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 6:29pm
I am speculating the CNT will go the route of long heavy pushes to neutralize harimoto's opens, they did that to miu hirano and probably should work well on him.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I am speculating the CNT will go the route of long heavy pushes to neutralize harimoto's opens, they did that to miu hirano and probably should work well on him.

if he gets taller  by 2020 he will not be able to play close to table he will need to play mid distance and his playing will not be so fast  maybe this will work on his sister
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:02pm

if he gets taller  by 2020 he will not be able to play close to table he will need to play mid distance and his playing will not be so fast  maybe this will work on his sister

He's already nearly 1.75m tall, it is unlikely he will surpass 6 foot+ where is actually becomes a problem. Timo boll is a hair below 6 foot and plays a great close to the table game.
Stiga Rosewood NCT VII FL
Joola Golden Tango PS Max
Butterfly Rozena 2.1

https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

He's already nearly 1.75m tall, it is unlikely he will surpass 6 foot+ where is actually becomes a problem. Timo boll is a hair below 6 foot and plays a great close to the table game.

He's 175 cm already?! He looks about the same height as FZD (1.72m) to me... Not taller for sure, and that's already taller than average Chinese/Japanese boy at 14...
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:52pm

I disagree. In that thread while coming home in the bus I mentioned his arm never straight in the back swing, always presenting a 90deg angle. That means he won't have to back off because we can be tall and still rotate fast, I think his game has already anticipated and digested (voluntarily or not) that he'd be tall and that the full arm fh away from the table would not make him successful as he is now, staying close and keeping the arm close to the body, giving the main role to the legs, hips and torso; or should I just say to the legs?
I suppose the arm is less likely to be injured when staying close to the body in the fh loop but...does this technique really put additional stress on the lower back? How high is the risk he goes through MMaze's and ZJK's nightmares due to technique?
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 10:53pm

=======================

jackwong23 is wrong.

tell something new. I bet if harimoto is defeated next tournament he will say" oh he s tired after japan open ,out of form"

He may have been wrong about LGY, but his broader point is right. Even if you take LGY off the list, that's still an incredible group to have won against for anyone let alone a 14 yr old. Give credit where credit is due.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 1:11am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

well but fzd is not a blocker I doubt HT will stop growing and boll game
is not as fast as HT but its just one tournament there re a lot of tournaments ahead

Edited by bbkon - 06/12/2018 at 1:17am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 1:16am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

=======================

jackwong23 is wrong.

He may have been wrong about LGY, but his broader point is right. Even if you take LGY off the list, that's still an incredible group to have won against for anyone let alone a 14 yr old. Give credit where credit is due.

I m not denying that before winning CNT he must beat calderano german chopper lin putchford. remember players that have defeated the chinese in protours like boll and unable to repeat the feat in wttc and olympics I remember that lgl said HT could beat the top guns once in a while but winning tokyo is diffrent based in your logic boll should have been world champion long ago because he beat the best chinese
Messi2018 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Messi2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 3:17am
?So young and so powerful, the future is immeasurable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic