Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Table Tennis Video Holland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Slupmi-Atled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis Video Holland
    Posted: 06/09/2018 at 12:13pm
Hi all,

Here i am again, with a new video! Smile In this video you can see the 'Club Championships-final' of a table tennis club in the North of the Netherlands (TTV Delta Impuls).

The players play at the lowest National-level in the Netherlands (third division, red guy) and the highest Northern-level (one level below the third division, blue guy).

Enjoy the video and let me know what you think of it! Cool

Sponsored Links

mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2018 at 7:54am
Every time I see videos from Holland, I'm amazed at how tall all the guys are... The guy in red looks huge!

I wonder what rating these players would be.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2018 at 1:51pm
I think the guy in red is in many of your other videos.  Always great to watch.  Thanks for posting.
ssmilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 7:23am
tks for posting.

Edited by ssmilk - 06/11/2018 at 7:24am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Every time I see videos from Holland, I'm amazed at how tall all the guys are... The guy in red looks huge!

I wonder what rating these players would be.

The boy in red (ELO rating: 1797) is number 183 in the Netherlands, out of a total of 1750 league-playing players. The player in blue (ELO rating 1680) is number 255 of the Netherlands.

For example: the ELO rating of the number one in the Netherlands is 2565.

Hopefully this gives some clarity! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 8:38am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I think the guy in red is in many of your other videos.  Always great to watch.  Thanks for posting.

True. I have posted some videos of both players in the past! Nice that you still recognize them. Clap
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 9:54am
Danny Heister in capris FTW! Smile I see that the first place gets a trophy.  What was in the box for the second prize? Also, are the wines for 3rd and 4th place to drown their sorrows or for the after party with "special brownies"?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 9:10am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Danny Heister in capris FTW! Smile I see that the first place gets a trophy.  What was in the box for the second prize? Also, are the wines for 3rd and 4th place to drown their sorrows or for the after party with "special brownies"?

Haha, yup... it's our imitation Danny Heister again! Tongue The number one got a trophy with a bottle of wine. The runner-up got a piece of cake. In the canteen, the cake was cut into pieces and distributed over all players... so in fact everyone became a little winner! I do not know what happened to the wine... Tongue
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 10:20am

As a nation, the Dutch have the highest average height: 182.5 cm.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160726094434.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 7:07am

In the Netherlands we are amazed by all the little foreigners! Tongue

Edited by Slupmi-Atled - 06/14/2018 at 7:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2018 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Ieyasu Ieyasu wrote:

The guy in red is two meters long, so he actually confirms the post of Ieyasu... Tongue

Edited by Slupmi-Atled - 06/15/2018 at 7:16am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by ssmilk ssmilk wrote:

tks for posting.

Tks for your comment! Smile
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 5:31pm
That music was so awful I couldn't watch it
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2018 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

I agree.   ClapClapClap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2018 at 7:59am

Too bad! Sound off then, maybe? Tongue
CSBV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSBV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2018 at 8:33am
The boy in red (ELO rating: 1797) is number 183 in the Netherlands, out of a total of 1750 league-playing players. The player in blue (ELO rating 1680) is number 255 of the Netherlands.

That would put them in the 10th-15th percentile in the Netherlands, and they're way better than that.

Guess you just looked at 'rang' in the ELO rating. There they have a strange way of numbering. When 4 players for example have 2,000 points and are ranked 100th, the player(s) with 1,999 points is (are) ranked 101.
The real ranks would be about 285 and 500 out of a total of 14,000, which would place them well within the 5th percentile.

Edited by CSBV - 06/17/2018 at 8:34am
Gewo Dynatec ZV; Gewo Nexxus 48EL; Gewo Nexxus 48EL
Custom blade; Sanwei Target 90; Sanwei Target 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 5:45am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I agree.   ClapClapClap

Everyone has their own preferences, nothing wrong with that! Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by CSBV CSBV wrote:

That would put them in the 10th-15th percentile in the Netherlands, and they're way better than that.

Guess you just looked at 'rang' in the ELO rating. There they have a strange way of numbering. When 4 players for example have 2,000 points and are ranked 100th, the player(s) with 1,999 points is (are) ranked 101.
The real ranks would be about 285 and 500 out of a total of 14,000, which would place them well within the 5th percentile.

Thanks for the extra information, very useful!Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2018 at 10:56am

Nice to meet a fellow Dutchman here, by the way! Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2018 at 12:59pm

Do you play table tennis yourself, CSBV?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Always great to watch.  Thanks for posting.

Thank you and happy to do so! Smile
CSBV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSBV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Slupmi-Atled Slupmi-Atled wrote:

I do. After a 12 year pause, I came back to the sport 2 years ago. At the moment I play in the first class North, region Groningen. I know both players in your vid. Played against the one in blue at training in Leek last year.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 6:34pm

I do. After a 12 year pause, I came back to the sport 2 years ago. At the moment I play in the first class North, region Groningen. I know both players in your vid. Played against the one in blue at training in Leek last year.

Good to hear that you have started playing again! So in two years time back at first class level again... nice! Keep up the good work! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2018 at 12:27pm

By the way, at which club did you start playing again CSBV?
CSBV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSBV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2018 at 3:41pm

I now play at TTV Oldambt.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 10:34am

I now play at TTV Oldambt.

So, East Groningen... great! Good luck coming autumn competition season! Thumbs Up

Edited by Slupmi-Atled - 06/28/2018 at 10:35am
reason View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 12:06pm

I just mute them off Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by reason reason wrote:

Good solution! Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2018 at 7:44am
Originally posted by reason reason wrote:

When you mute the sound, the only sad thing is that you can not hear the sound of the ball anymore... haha.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slupmi-Atled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2018 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Ieyasu Ieyasu wrote:

Always nice to read some other extra (non-table tennis) info, Ieyasu... thanks! Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic