Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Care to analyze matches - Zhang vs Harimoto?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by ZhouZhekai ZhouZhekai wrote:

I dont believe that they are losing on purpose/or sandbagging on purpose. Maybe they are not treating it as serious as a major event.  Mima Ito's Asian Championship run was real, and her beating every single other non CNT opponent just proves that she is a very real threat. So was Harimoto beating Timo Boll at 13 who can compete with the Chinese Top 4/5 and the second encounter being very close, as well as any other Non CNT member including Samsonow, Mizutani,  and Lee Sangsuu, which in my opinion are the best non CNT players.
===================

I agree with that (for an ITTF event): "I dont believe that they are losing on purpose/or sandbagging on purpose."

Another poster (thethinker) stated: 
"The match it's a match for ZJK to train to prepare to beat HT at a bigger match, period."

I don't think ZJK lost 2 matches in a row was to prepare himself to beat Harimoto at a bigger match later, that's just BS.
I think ZJK wants to beat Harimoto every time, but he was unable to do that.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/13/2018 at 7:35pm
shinchan1506217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinchan1506217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 8:11pm
The new episode of Takkyu Japan will probably analyze one of the Japan OP matches (probably this one)
but it will be very biased because Japan media is like that Angry
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 9:08pm
Regarding to ML and FZD's loss to Harimoto, I think ML and FZD just had a bad day while Harimoto just had a particular good day.  Don't think ML and FZD's losses were on purposes.  (Don't want to take away credit from Harimoto, this young player is a great player for sure.)

Many many years ago, Ma Lin lost to an unknown player (came from qualification) in the first Round of the Main Draw. This kind of things do happen.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/13/2018 at 9:12pm
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 9:28pm
I actually think just ZJK style of playing doesn't work well against player whose attack is way too powerful. 

ZJK has great counter hit/loop. But when he is getting push back by fierce attack like that, you can't really counter anything. I do notice ZJK is kind of out of place to do his usual powerful counter hits.

Harimoto has studied the game better in my opinion. His attack is getting stronger to where he can push almost everyone back. It is fast and powerful. He is also still growing fast, he is still only a teenager.
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

Nittaku Endless ST + TSP T-Rex + BTY SuperAnti
BTY Joo Sae Hyuk + BTY Tackiness C + SuperAnti
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY Feint Long OX
blahness View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 12:11am
All this talk about ZJK, and he actually held match point against Harimoto and was only 1 point away from winning.
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 8:02am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Regarding to ML and FZD's loss to Harimoto, I think ML and FZD just had a bad day while Harimoto just had a particular good day.  Don't think ML and FZD's losses were on purposes.  (Don't want to take away credit from Harimoto, this young player is a great player for sure.)

Many many years ago, Ma Lin lost to an unknown player (came from qualification) in the first Round of the Main Draw. This kind of things do happen.

Thing is, its obfuscated by the fact that this wouldn't be more than very big news, if we looked at harimoto as a 20 year old, and saw his progression, results and ranking. Calderano and timo shocked the world with some of their results.

What makes it crazy is that it happened in big matches, and against a 14 yo.

Add the fact he beat ML in a b07 in a semi lf a reasonable comp, and it just becomes mkre and more crazy.

In terms of playing level, most wouldve favored harimoto against zjk, i was surprised zjk took him to 7, and had a match ball.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 8:45am
"Add the fact he beat ML in a b07 in a semi lf a reasonable comp, and it just becomes mkre and more crazy."

What is b07?
What does this mean?  "Add the fact he beat ML in a b07 in a semi lf a reasonable comp,...."
==============

"In terms of playing level, most wouldve favored harimoto against zjk, i was surprised zjk took him to 7, and had a match ball."

You were surprised, I was surprised too.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/14/2018 at 9:19am
mickd View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 8:54am
He meant bo7, skip!
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 8:59am
B(est) o(f) 7 (games)
rl gear
( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
my feedback
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

He meant bo7, skip!
========
That does it.  bo7 is different from b07.
Thanks to fatt too.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 9:22am
(I now know what is b07, actually bo7.) But still need more help:

What does this mean?  "Add the fact he beat ML in a b07 in a semi lf a reasonable comp,...."
mickd View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 9:31am
Add the fact that he beat ML in a bo7 in the semi-finals of a reasonable competition.

:)

EDIT: He probably just accidentally wrote b07 instead of bo7 and lf instead of of.

EDIT2: And yeah, by reasonable he means a high level one (platinum competition?)

Edited by mickd - 06/14/2018 at 9:34am
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 9:32am
“...in a reasonable competition is more and more crazy.”?

Not sure what “reasonable competition” mean (if that what he meant), “pretty high level” is my best guess.
rl gear
( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
my feedback
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 11:01am
LOL.  Lets try to break it down and see if we can decipher the message.

Add the fact he beat ML in a b07: The fact that he beat Ma Long in Best of seven games.

in a semi lf: (Note the Capital I in If) This mean it's not a big If, or a 'No Ifs no Buts', it's some where in between, it's a half If. This mean there is still some doubter.

a reasonable comp: a reasonable comprehension, easy to understand (well who doesn't)

and it just becomes mkre and more crazy: It just make him mad.  Seriously, there should be no doubter.
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 12:50pm
Haha this is the problem with typing on your phone!
Errors everywhere.

You can only catch so many
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2018 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Haha this is the problem with typing on your phone!
Errors everywhere.

You can only catch so many

thought you went to a good school
Ulmo Duality,tibhar 5Q sound black, Dtechs grass ox red
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic