FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My new Viscaria FL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

no correlation btw how one plays and if he EJs.  He could be shit or great whether he EJs or not. (I am talking about non-sponsored players)

Definitely is a correlation. Definitely a higher percentage of "EJ's" at the lower and intermediate levels than at the higher levels. 

However, definitely no correlation between playing level and the ability to gauge the authenticity of a blade. Much less if said person admits they don't think or know much about equipment.
Sponsored Links

bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by kyle90 kyle90 wrote:

You’re clearly clueless to the prevalence of counterfeit TT goods being made in China. If there is money to be made, they will produce fakes. Anything that is super popular like viscaria, Tenergy, and Hurricane is faked in large quantities and sold to unsuspecting customers.

I don't see how this post in any way gets to the heart of the issue that is being discussed Confused
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 12:36pm
Poster was trying to argue that fakes of this quality are too expensive to produce and still make money on. That’s an incorrect statement. See below for another example of a fake:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62057&title=i-just-received-a-fake-viscaria
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

no correlation btw how one plays and if he EJs.  He could be shit or great whether he EJs or not. (I am talking about non-sponsored players)

Definitely is a correlation. Definitely a higher percentage of "EJ's" at the lower and intermediate levels than at the higher levels. 

However, definitely no correlation between playing level and the ability to gauge the authenticity of a blade. Much less if said person admits they don't think or know much about equipment.
what do you mean by higher level players...  give a rating.  The really good players should be sponsored and thus not included by my stmt which is meant for the better or worst amongst the rest.   On your second point a better player should be able to tell if a blade plays better if not the authenticity.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by kyle90 kyle90 wrote:

Poster was trying to argue that fakes of this quality are too expensive to produce and still make money on. That’s an incorrect statement. See below for another example of a fake:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62057&title=i-just-received-a-fake-viscaria

If I spot that post, i would've said the same thing. That blade he receive is most likely real. When something is this close to the real deal the only way to test it is playing it. Now, if you don't have the skill to test whether a blade is real or not, then you are not at the level to buy a viscaria anyways. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 06/11/2018 at 12:51pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 12:58pm
Good price ?? Real ??

Only 997 pieces left. LOLLOLLOL

Edited by jt99sf - 06/11/2018 at 1:00pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 1:00pm
was it sarcasm?

"...mine looked just like that fake one, mine is not fake...."

:)
sderyke2002 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sderyke2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 1:10pm
Take a look at this blade for sale on eBay.  It has all the badges and inserts you say are not worth the effort to duplicate and has Tenergy on one side and Hurricane III on the other and is only $30.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUBLE-HAPPINESS-HURRICANE-WANG-TABLE-TENNIS-RACKET-PING-PONG-PADDLE-LONG-HANDLE/302471966366?epid=737260694&hash=item466cbbee9e:g:KpcAAOSw9N1Vt6fu

Still think they can't make fakes of reasonable quality?

Edited by sderyke2002 - 06/11/2018 at 1:11pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by sderyke2002 sderyke2002 wrote:

Take a look at this blade for sale on eBay.  It has all the badges and inserts you say are not worth the effort to duplicate and has Tenergy on one side and Hurricane III on the other and is only $30.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUBLE-HAPPINESS-HURRICANE-WANG-TABLE-TENNIS-RACKET-PING-PONG-PADDLE-LONG-HANDLE/302471966366?epid=737260694&hash=item466cbbee9e:g:KpcAAOSw9N1Vt6fu

hkl has no idea.Confused

hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

was it sarcasm?

"...mine looked just like that fake one, mine is not fake...."

:)

https://imgur.com/a/fHbNRUN

Ignorant gonna stay ignorant huh. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 06/11/2018 at 1:40pm
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Good price ?? Real ??

Only 997 pieces left. LOLLOLLOL

They use real viscaria picture for advertisement. I assure you what they get will look completely different. Probably a double happiness blade with viscaria sticker on it. Or if they ship you anything at all, probably moneygram/western union scam. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 06/11/2018 at 1:41pm
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 1:44pm

Again, they use real h3 t05 and blade pictures for advertisement, what you receive will not LOOK anything like it. Probably no brand rubber and wooden blade from walmart at best. If by any miracle, you get exactly what's in the picture then it's real, you are not getting it with that price though. 

This thread is not about OP questioning what to buy on ebay or ali. This thread is about whether his viscaria is real or not, and it's real. Period. done. /thread. The mod should've lock the thread to prevent further spread of cancer, but it seems the mod is EJ himself.  Basement players who steer completely off topic(OP question and suddenly tangent to ebay/ali moneygram/western union scams), who believes they know what they are talking about(counter my arguments with sarcasm and no more), spreading completely wrong and false information to innocent new players, instead of actually helping the community. 

Suggesting members for rubber is good, telling them which blade to use is good, suggesting which club to go is good. However, every so often the "i know about viscaria this and that thread/replies" is pathetic. Can anyone tell me what's so special about this blade that warrant such fantasy fiction behind it hmm? Isn't this just a ALC carbon blade made 20 years ago? Why every so often I come upon guys that can write a book about it? 

Edited by hunkeelin - 06/11/2018 at 2:16pm
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

Again, they use real h3 t05 and blade pictures for advertisement, what you receive will not LOOK anything like it. Probably no brand rubber and wooden blade from walmart at best. If by any miracle, you get exactly what's in the picture then it's real, you are not getting it with that price though. 

This thread is not about OP questioning what to buy on ebay or ali. This thread is about whether his viscaria is real or not, and it's real. Period. done. /thread. The mod should've lock the thread to prevent further spread of cancer, but it seems the mod is EJ himself.  Basement players who steer completely off topic(OP question and suddenly tangent to ebay/ali moneygram/western union scams), who believes they know what they are talking about(counter my arguments with sarcasm and no more), spreading completely wrong and false information to innocent new players, instead of actually helping the community. 

Suggesting members for rubber is good, telling them which blade to use is good, suggesting which club to go is good. However, a f***ing viscaria science thread is pathetic. Can anyone tell me what's so special about this blade that warrant such fantasy fiction behind it hmm? Isn't this just a ALC carbon blade made 20 years ago? Why every so often I come upon guys that can write a book about it? 

Whoa, please calm down there.

You're arguing against EJ-ing and buying multiple blades, but folks here are just asserting that the blade looks fake and there are good fakes and one should buy from reputable sources.

Back to the original topic, I don't know if that Viscaria is real or not from the pictures.  I would agree though with buying from reputable sources and that I have seen very good fakes (i.e., where I wouldn't be able to tell just by a picture alone).

See Butterfly for their own example of a fake Zhang Jike blade.  It's not all that badly made if you look just at the handle.  https://butterflyonline.com/butterfly-product-authenticity/

Common sense will go a long way here.

- Does it play well?  Usually easy to tell if you've played with an authentic version before.  The fake ALC blade I saw before was quite hard and had a lot of vibration.

- Does the serial number check out?

- Did you get it for way too cheap?

- Was it from a reputable seller (e.g., a trusted player or a licensed seller)?

In the end, this may be controversial, but perhaps who cares if it's fake if it plays great?  If you like it, play with it - just don't try to sell it as real if you later find out it's fake.

Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 3:06pm
^+1. it wasn't controversial until I stumble upon this post. I was the only one who argue for the blade's authenticity. it just show how egoistic and sad of the state this forum had become. We get players who don't even have proper grip spreading false info to new players. At the end of the day, the blade is well made, if you play it and you like it then great. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 3:45pm

I normally don't start flame war at my age;

Actually you have started several.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 3:53pm
To the OP, you have a fake Viscaria blade.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 3:53pm
The neck looks a bit long, but other than that the pictures are not clear enough for me to say one way or the other.  With the rubbers off maybe I can tell, or if I have it on my hand then I can definitely tell right away, as I have played with quite a few of them.

Edit: I have to add that I am leaning toward it being fake though.

Edited by mhnh007 - 06/11/2018 at 3:55pm
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 3:53pm
Does the serial number check out? Seems like the place to start any discussion and wonder why the OP has not bothered to send the number to Butterfly or for that matter show a photo of it without rubbers. What made him wonder about its authenticity?
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 4:18pm
I don't see any immediate problems with what is shown in the pictures above. Surely we can find out more if the OP decides to remove the rubbers, or remove this from thought and be happy about his purchase.
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 4:23pm
OP seems to not have returned. Maybe when he does we can return to the topic.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

few years ago but not now. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 4:33pm

boy, aren't you a young guy?  and you started flame wars a few years ago.  No wonder so many people have it in for you.LOLLOLLOL
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 4:59pm

boy, aren't you a young guy?  and you started flame wars a few years ago.  No wonder so many people have it in for you.LOLLOLLOL

Sometimes flame wars are fun. I don't do that not in this forum anymore. I found places where I get right audience for my soapbox =). 

Edited by hunkeelin - 06/11/2018 at 5:01pm
tkobe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 7:02pm
OKEY, Thanks guys for your advices. Sad thing I bought a fake blade...

What aboyt the rubbers , do You think they are also fake?

PEACE
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 7:04pm
You wont be the first. How does it play?
tkobe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 5:03am
Good question. Im not that pro into to recognize the real viscaria using it. But after that opinions thats a fake its psychological thats the blade sucks, everybody knows that feeling.

To be honest i was playing this once so far so let me try it again but I was sure there is no way that this is fake at the beggining but chinese are everwhere... 

I would love to see the real viscaria live than I can compare it one to another.
tkobe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 6:47am
I paid 80 euro for this ;/

Edited by tkobe - 06/12/2018 at 6:48am
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 7:17am
Originally posted by tkobe tkobe wrote:

Good question. Im not that pro into to recognize the real viscaria using it. But after that opinions thats a fake its psychological thats the blade sucks, everybody knows that feeling.

To be honest i was playing this once so far so let me try it again but I was sure there is no way that this is fake at the beggining but chinese are everwhere... 

I would love to see the real viscaria live than I can compare it one to another.

Do you want to buy a Yinhe Pro Power, BRAND NEW (plays exactly like Viscaria but tiny bit faster) for half the price you paid for the fake viscaria from me?

I'm also selling a DHS Fang Bo 2 for the same price, used twice.

Sorry for the shameless advert, but drop me a PM if you need me to hook you up.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 7:36am
Originally posted by tkobe tkobe wrote:

I paid 80 euro for this ;/
Can't comment on the blade but the rubbers look to be in decent condition and there's a fair chance that the blade is perfectly playable so you did probably get around 80 dollar/ euro/ pounds worth of equipment.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 10:25am
tkobe, fake (if) does not necessary mean play poorly.  why don't you give it a chance before discarding it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic