FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Nostalgic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Nostalgic?
    Posted: 06/11/2018 at 5:41pm
Has anyone had a chance to try toe Stiga Nostalgic blades yet?

I have tried several Wenge outer ply blades and liked the feel, so I wonder about these.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:00pm
I have all the new blades fro. Stiga just making my review.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 10:03pm
Any early impressions?
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 1:25am
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 3:54am
I played it twice (Master, 91 g) and I think it's a good offensive blade, fast enough and gives a good feedback, maybe just a bit too hard for my taste, harder/stiffer that the Rosewood V. And by the way I didn't have any problems gluing rubbers on it, I use Nittaku FineZip.
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

https://ttgearlab.com/2018/05/29/stiga-nostalgic-series-overview-lab-test/

Interesting analysis.  For years I played with a very old Stiga Allround with Bengtsson handle.  With the new ball, I keep on trying to find that will give me a similar grip with just a little larger sweetspot.  I am not terribly concerned about speed.  Mazunov, weirdly, works fairly well for me, but it is a big departure from the Alround, so I keep looking.

I wonder if the measured characteristics of the contemporary Stiga Allround are similar to those of the newer blades that ttgearlab measured. 

The whole "Deep Hold" terminology is interesting, but if these new blades hold the ball significantly longer than Stiga Allround on hard impact, that may not be ideal for me.  Perhaps, I should be looking at something like Tibhar Akkad which seems a bit more linear.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2018 at 5:35pm
I found out today that Stiga are abandoning the production of the Legend and anatomic handles. Only MAster and Classic will be available for future blades and according to my source, it is very difficult to get blades with the Legend handle from the Stiga HQ as they do not have any more.

I had the opportunity to have a look at some Nostalgic blades in FL as well as some FL Azaleas and I was surprised to see that the new Master is thinner and very uncomfortable to hold as someone pointed out here on the forum ealier. The feeling of the Nostalgic allround seems very promising.

As for the handles, it is a shame.

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 06/19/2018 at 5:36pm
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2018 at 7:28pm
Is Legend the thicker FL handle?

I assume Classic is the straight handle version, right?  Is that the squarish straight? or the rounded straight? 

Thanks
ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2018 at 12:16am
Legend is thick FL, Classic is straight.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2018 at 3:15am
I like the old flared of the Hans Alser.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I found out today that Stiga are abandoning the production of the Legend and anatomic handles. Only MAster and Classic will be available for future blades and according to my source, it is very difficult to get blades with the Legend handle from the Stiga HQ as they do not have any more.

No Legend anymore? Are this news confirmed? 
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

A friend asked and Stiga said they would be keeping the Legend handles for some of the older blades but as far as the new ones are concerned, they will only be available in Master and ST.
Sinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

A friend asked and Stiga said they would be keeping the Legend handles for some of the older blades but as far as the new ones are concerned, they will only be available in Master and ST.

Uhm... Sort of a long time come by'er of this forum, but I only choose this forum to keep up to date for TT. But this particular thread interests me. I think that Stiga is coming up with new handles. It is called MJP pand CJP. It stands for sort of Japanese Straight and Japanese Master handle. I read that those handle is going to be slightly thinner and smaller, maybe 1cm, than originals.
Edit: http://stigasports.jp/2018/05/22/new-grip/

Edited by Sinek - 11/22/2018 at 3:42pm
Main:
   Blade: BTY M Maze AN
   FH:    Tenergy 05
   BH:    Fastarc G-1

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 10:12pm

It would be a huge mistake for Stiga to discontinue the Legend FL grip especially with American players or players that favor a thicker FL grip. That is the number 1 reason I like Stiga. I loved the old Alser grip so the Legend grip was ok even if it was slightly smaller. Master grip is to small for my needs and reminds me of those wimpy Nittaku handles.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic