FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Innerforce ALC.S vs HL5/FB2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innerforce ALC.S vs HL5/FB2
    Posted: 06/12/2018 at 12:08am
Is the ply structure the same? Key differences?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 2:02am
ALC.S has Spruce as an outer layer
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 2:24am
[QUOTE=h0n1g]ALC.S has Spruce as an outer layer[/QUOTE

The top ply of the ALC.S is actually not spruce.

The construction of the ALC.S is:
Limba - Spruce - ALC - Ayous - ALC - Spruce - Limba

whereas the construction of the HL5 is:
Limba - Limba - ALC - Ayous - ALC - Limba - Limba

Overall thickness of the ALC.S: 5.5 mm
Overall thickness of the HL5: 5.9 - 6mm (core ply is significantly thicker compared to the ALC.S)
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 2:27am
oh sorry, you are right.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 3:10am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

oh sorry, you are right.

Isn't hl5 lima/ayous/alc etc? Or two limba outers. Slevin said differently a few years back
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
ZhouZhekai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZhouZhekai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 3:31am
I played with the Long 5 and the Innerforce ALC briefly, and the Innerforce felt more carbon, more direct. The Long 5 felt little softer, but was fast.
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Nightsky Nightsky wrote:

[QUOTE=h0n1g]ALC.S has Spruce as an outer layer[/QUOTE

The top ply of the ALC.S is actually not spruce.

The construction of the ALC.S is:
Limba - Spruce - ALC - Ayous - ALC - Spruce - Limba

whereas the construction of the HL5 is:
Limba - Limba - ALC - Ayous - ALC - Limba - Limba

Overall thickness of the ALC.S: 5.5 mm
Overall thickness of the HL5: 5.9 - 6mm (core ply is significantly thicker compared to the ALC.S)

HL5 should be Limba-Ayous-ALC-Ayous-ALC-Ayous-Limba.
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
BH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 6:18am
Originally posted by ZhouZhekai ZhouZhekai wrote:

I played with the Long 5 and the Innerforce ALC briefly, and the Innerforce felt more carbon, more direct. The Long 5 felt little softer, but was fast.

Can someone back up this claim?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
bzdz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzdz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 9:27am
I own a HL5, and I’ve tried an ALC S before. The ALC S has lots of feedback/vibration which I personally like. It’s different from TB ALC and TBS because those two blades are very numb and zero vibration. The ALC S has great control and I can feel myself putting the ball anywhere on the table, but when you want to exert some power, the blade won’t give you much. Unfortunately, the speed is significantly lacking, which is why I call the ALC S the “ALC Slow” or the “ALC Sh*tty.” The HL5 is much faster, one of the fastest blades ever made, however it’s still very controllable and has a little vibration. Short game and touch shots that don’t engage the Carbon too much are great, but when you loop into be ball hard, you can get a real kicking effect. Also the handle of HL5 is super skinny at the top and thiccc at the bottom (ideals for a girl tbh). It’s uncomfortable to hold, so I suggest getting some grip tape to thiccccen the top of the handle.

Edited by bzdz - 06/12/2018 at 9:36am
ZhouZhekai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZhouZhekai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by ZhouZhekai ZhouZhekai wrote:

Can someone back up this claim?
On second thought i dont think that 'more carbon and direct is the correct description. It had that classical numb butterfly alc feeling, similar to a Viscaria, however it was not as crisp as the Viscaria. The HL5 had a more loopy feel to it with a great arc, while the ALC did not have the extreme arc that the HL5 had, hence my word choice of "more direct".  I only played both blades for 30 minutes or so, so take it with a grain of salt, but i tested them after each other during the same training session, and compared them. 
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 12:52am
Originally posted by bzdz bzdz wrote:

I own a HL5, and I’ve tried an ALC S before. The ALC S has lots of feedback/vibration which I personally like. It’s different from TB ALC and TBS because those two blades are very numb and zero vibration. The ALC S has great control and I can feel myself putting the ball anywhere on the table, but when you want to exert some power, the blade won’t give you much. Unfortunately, the speed is significantly lacking, which is why I call the ALC S the “ALC Slow” or the “ALC Sh*tty.” The HL5 is much faster, one of the fastest blades ever made, however it’s still very controllable and has a little vibration. Short game and touch shots that don’t engage the Carbon too much are great, but when you loop into be ball hard, you can get a real kicking effect. Also the handle of HL5 is super skinny at the top and thiccc at the bottom (ideals for a girl tbh). It’s uncomfortable to hold, so I suggest getting some grip tape to thiccccen the top of the handle.

I can echo the "shitty" :) Funnily enough, the ALC.S is one of the few blades I really did not like. In my opinion too slow, doesn't do anything well besides spin. I found that interesting because I like the normal IFL ALC.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by bzdz bzdz wrote:

The HL5 is much faster, one of the fastest blades ever made, however it’s still very controllable and has a little vibration.

In my humble opinion, the HL5 apart from the very top gear is significantly slower, less bouncy and more controllable than my old ZJK ALC, TB ALC, Viscaria. That's why I love to pair it with boosted MXP, which made my Viscaria unplayable for some reason (feeling was weird, hard to control)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic