FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 Korea Open: July 17-22.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 3:11am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Zeio,
It’s the same argument Jackwong presented earlier that Liang JingKun is not only a top player but also a great player, that’s why LJK beaten Harimoto. If LJK is a great player, would he lose to Jang in straight sets in the championship game?

I do feel very “honored” that he mentioned the impact of LGL’s departure on CNT. An idea which I championed but I know many posters here dismissed as irrational. Oh well, we shall see.

Liang couldnt be called a too player if he loses to jang ,well it shows you dont need to be the best to beat harimoto
xu xin and mizutani should not called top players too
because they both lost to jang woojin

Depends on definition of a top player, mine is a player who is world ranked in the top 10.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 07/23/2018 at 4:12am
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 7:28am
How bout this top list?

1. Ma long
2. Fzd
3. empty (no one worthy)

4. empty (no one worthy)
5. empty (no one worthy)
6. empty (no one worthy)
7. empty (no one worthy)
8. empty (no one worthy)
9. empty (no one worthy)
10.empty (no one worthy)
11. Xu xin
12. Timo boll
13. Dima
14. Lgy

Edited by WeebleWobble - 07/23/2018 at 7:29am
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Zeio,
It’s the same argument Jackwong presented earlier that Liang JingKun is not only a top player but also a great player, that’s why LJK beaten Harimoto. If LJK is a great player, would he lose to Jang in straight sets in the championship game?

I do feel very “honored” that he mentioned the impact of LGL’s departure on CNT. An idea which I championed but I know many posters here dismissed as irrational. Oh well, we shall see.

Liang couldnt be called a too player if he loses to jang ,well it shows you dont need to be the best to beat harimoto
xu xin and mizutani should not called top players too
because they both lost to jang woojin

Depends on definition of a top player, mine is a player who is world ranked in the top 10.

I think jackwong23 was being sarcastic to show the flawed logic.  A single loss by a top player to WR#30 (bound to move up the list) does not mean they're no longer a top player.  Does Ma Long's loss last year to Jeong Sangeun at last year's Asian Championships make him no longer a top player?  Of course not.

I agree with you that top 10 is surely a top player.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by WeebleWobble WeebleWobble wrote:

How bout this top list?

1. Ma long
2. Fzd
3. empty (no one worthy)

4. empty (no one worthy)
5. empty (no one worthy)
6. empty (no one worthy)
7. empty (no one worthy)
8. empty (no one worthy)
9. empty (no one worthy)
10.empty (no one worthy)
11. Xu xin
12. Timo boll
13. Dima
14. Lgy

I think Xu Xin, Timo, Calderano, Dima, Mizutani should be in Top10
Lee Sangsu and Woojin in top15
Choo-Lei
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 11:38am

Zeio,

<span style="font-size: 12px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">xu xin and mizutani should not called top players too</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">because they both lost to jang woojin.</span>

Name how many tournaments have won xx mizutani compared to liang or liang have been seeded ever? You call liang a top player because he defeated HTand you dont want to feel bad about your idol

Edited by mykonos96 - 07/23/2018 at 11:59am
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 11:47am

Zeio,

</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">xu xin and mizutani should not called top players too</span>

Name how many tournaments have won xx mizutani compared to liang or liang have been seeded ever? You call liang a top player because you dont want yo feel bad about your idol

Ljk is only 21, of course he would have won a lot less tournaments due to
his young age.

A guy who represents the strongest table tennis nation at senior level is a top player, you clown.

Edited by jackwong23 - 07/23/2018 at 11:58am
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:05pm

Zeio,

</span>

Name how many tournaments have won xx mizutani compared to liang or liang have been seeded ever? You call liang a top player because you dont want yo feel bad about your idol

his young age.

A guy who represents the strongest table tennis nation at senior level is a top player, you clown.

Moderators where are you guys? You dont seem to know how to behave. Pitty most forumers are against you I have not used any insult against you
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:16pm
Ljk didn't play much on word tours. XX and Mizutani played much more then him
Choo-Lei
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Ljk didn't play much on word tours. XX and Mizutani played much more then him

And the later are used to play semifinals
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:21pm

Zeio,

</span>

his young age.

Moderators where are you guys? You dont seem to know how to behave. Pitty most forumers are against you I have not used any insult against you

You call liang a top player because you dont want to feel bad about your idol

You made the above statement about me first, which is not true at all. Harimoto is not my idol. I am entitled to be upset !

Edited by jackwong23 - 07/23/2018 at 12:27pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:25pm

Zeio,

</span>

his young age.

You made up the above story about me first, which is not true at all. Harimoto is not my idol. I am entitled to be upset !

Thats no reason to call me clown well I m gonna report you to all the moderators already reported to 2 of them
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:32pm

Zeio,

</span>

his young age.

You made up the above story about me first, which is not true at all. Harimoto is not my idol. I am entitled to be upset !

Thats no reason to call me clown well I m gonna report you to all the moderators already reported to 2 of them

But it is reasonable to made up something I did not say ? When did I say harimoto is my idol?

ok. Do whatever you want. LOL

Edited by jackwong23 - 07/24/2018 at 7:34am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:42pm
Adam is crazy. how he decide to say in his comments Mizutani doesn't wear underwear when he playing games
Choo-Lei
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:43pm

Adam is crazy. how he decide to say in his comments Mizutani doesn't wear underwear when he playing games

Lol, i heard that during the match. It makes Jun move faster?!
mickd View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 12:54pm
Mizutani said before in an interview that he doesn't wear underwear during matches.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Mizutani said before in an interview that he doesn't wear underwear during matches.

Mizutani can say about himself but I don't think Adam should speak about this when commenting match. This is player's privacy
Choo-Lei
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Mizutani can say about himself but I don't think Adam should speak about this when commenting match. This is player's privacy
I thought that was common knowledge. Anyway, maybe Mizutani want us talk about it since he mentioned it first.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 10:34pm

Zeio,

</span>

his young age.

Don’t take it personally, Mykonos, we know you are right on the point you are trying to make.
DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2018 at 1:39am

Zeio,

</span>

his young age.

Don’t take it personally, Mykonos, we know you are right on the point you are trying to make.

Thank you mate
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

some random thouhts - no I do not think Jang is top ten. LJK would be ahead of him in my books, even based on the last match. even though I dislike HT I wouldn't object too much if people included him in their list.
see what happened to Jang in the Australian Open, people are so quick to pronounce someone's arrival at the top
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 10:46am

some random thouhts - no I do not think Jang is top ten. LJK would be ahead of him in my books, even based on the last match. even though I dislike HT I wouldn't object too much if people included him in their list.

see what happened to Jang in the Australian Open, people are so quick to pronounce someone's arrival at the top

Like takin a glimpse at a chrystall ball .the korean star couldnt make it to the 1st round. Same ol applied to lee sang su jeong..etc etc

Edited by mykonos96 - 07/25/2018 at 11:37am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 2:25pm

How bout this top list?

1. Ma long
2. Fzd
3. empty (no one worthy)

4. empty (no one worthy)
5. empty (no one worthy)
6. empty (no one worthy)
7. empty (no one worthy)
8. empty (no one worthy)
9. empty (no one worthy)
10.empty (no one worthy)
11. Xu xin
12. Timo boll
13. Dima
14. Lgy

Harimoto and pitchford should be in top 15.
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 2:42pm

How bout this top list?

1. Ma long
2. Fzd
3. empty (no one worthy)

4. empty (no one worthy)
5. empty (no one worthy)
6. empty (no one worthy)
7. empty (no one worthy)
8. empty (no one worthy)
9. empty (no one worthy)
10.empty (no one worthy)
11. Xu xin
12. Timo boll
13. Dima
14. Lgy

Calderano is not gonna lose to players that can beat harimoto
ZhouZhekai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZhouZhekai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 3:16pm
Too be fair he has played in 3 finals and won those 3 finals just a day or two earlier. And the way he played in the Korean Open was out of this world. So i think it shows atleast that he has the potential to become maybe a second Dima, or maybe even a Boll to the chinese.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2018 at 11:45am
Also to be fair, he lost 11-9 in the 7th game to CNT member, Yu Ziyang, who btw just beat Dima Ovtcharov.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic