Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For fun only, estimate these kids' USATT ratings.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

For fun only, estimate these kids' USATT ratings.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2018 at 3:35am
No problem! I think she'll beat me, too. The thing is, I've played non-professionally trained top young kids (around 12 years old) in my prefecture and they all beat me... I know 9 to 12 years old is a big jump in table tennis skill, but Miwa is being trained professionally, and one of the top in her age group in All Japan, so she can probably beat those a few years older than her no problem... And those are the kids I'm already losing to.

Would love to see other people comment though, especially people that actually have a rating (I don't).
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Acknowledgement:  Miwa's age has been revised because mickd provided more accurate information.  mickd's post is just below this one.

Miwa Harimoto (張本美和), poor little girl, no one even bothered to give her an estimate.
(She is the younger sister of Harimoto Tomokazu.)

Here are two match videos happened shortly before she reached 10 years old.
(So, she was 9 years old in these videos.  She is tall by her age.)
(Miwa's hair has a ponytail)  https://youtu.be/fbgoXRv28QM
(Miwa in pink shirt):  https://youtu.be/SqAliBOGNy4
=====================
Japan Hopes Program - Miwa won 31 matches, and lost only 1 match.
Following story was reported in China, it was written in Chinese:   http://www.sohu.com/a/227825747_785372
======================
Bringing the post here, so that folks don't need to hunt for the video.

Skip rated this little girl about 1900.
mickd rated her 2000+.

What's your estimate?

Edited by skip3119 - 06/15/2018 at 11:12am
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Do you mean the boy or the girl? I would be very impressed if a 64 year could beat that boy.. I haven't seen him play though, so sorry for my ignorance if he could :)!

===============
You got Dan Seemiller's age right, he is 64 (not 50 as previous poster said.)

i meant right now at 64 and if not what about at 50.

someone posted about the boys high quality serve and im wondering if someone like danny seemiller would have a problem with it.. since people are saying the boy is 24 25 2600 rating and D.SEEMILLER is 2440.

i imagine seemiller returning serve too well for the boy to angle or kill and he would be dictating the points. i imagine the boy has a simple game. danny(experienced player) would just read it n counter.

bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 9:01pm
girl rating over 2050 trying to push through 2150
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by bars bars wrote:

Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Do you mean the boy or the girl? I would be very impressed if a 64 year could beat that boy.. I haven't seen him play though, so sorry for my ignorance if he could :)!

===============
You got Dan Seemiller's age right, he is 64 (not 50 as previous poster said.)

i meant right now at 64 and if not what about at 50.

someone posted about the boys high quality serve and im wondering if someone like danny seemiller would have a problem with it.. since people are saying the boy is 24 25 2600 rating and D.SEEMILLER is 2440.

i imagine seemiller returning serve too well for the boy to angle or kill and he would be dictating the points. i imagine the boy has a simple game. danny(experienced player) would just read it n counter.

Did you not watch him play Ho Kwan Kit who is probably somewhere in the 2800s?  He doesn't have to 3rd ball kill to win the point.  The kid has an array of forehand flicks, backhand flips, very good placement, can counter your first loop easily.  Someone said 2600 earlier which is a reasonable estimate.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Did you not watch him play Ho Kwan Kit who is probably somewhere in the 2800s?  He doesn't have to 3rd ball kill to win the point.  The kid has an array of forehand flicks, backhand flips, very good placement, can counter your first loop easily.  Someone said 2600 earlier which is a reasonable estimate.
==================================

Name of the kid:  Sora Matsushima (松岛辉空).
Here is the full match video, 4 games. Ho Kwan Kit beat the kid, 4-0.
Scores are:  11:6 11:9 11:7 15:13
For 4 games the kid got  6+9+7+13 = 35.  Averaged 8.75 points per game.
ITTF has Ho Kwan Kit as #37 in the world. He is #2 in HKG behind Wong Chun Ting.

(It is my personal opinion, the kid got pretty good back-hand.)
Video, Ho Kwan Kit vs the kid:   https://youtu.be/X_gaqBwvvOE

** Dan Seemiller is 64 years old. The most recent tournament that he played is on 3-17 to 3-18, 2018.
** Named 54th St. Joseph Valley Open. Post tourney's rating is 2391.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/17/2018 at 9:52am
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2018 at 3:22pm
the adult probably let him into points? the kids are amazing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic