Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Orange Plastic Ball 3*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Orange Plastic Ball 3*
    Posted: 06/12/2018 at 4:15pm
Hi, it is yet approved the plastic ball Nittaku Nexcel 40+*** in Orange (!!).

Somebody knows where it is for sale?.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 9:24am
Nittaku Nexcell expectable cost of 3 USD a piece.. really at price of gold.
Double Fish V40+ 0.6 USD, on sale right now from Aliexpress.
   I do prefer DF, just due to my mental sanity.    
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 9:40am
Poly ball is a s..t, orange balls were S..ts....orange poly balls will be big s..ts.. TT has to be played with only 1 color for the balls: white. It is already difficult to deal with the white polyballs from different brands which clubs can use in Belgian competition for instance. For instance, my club uses xushuofa but other clubs use xiom, donic, tibhar or the worst ones: stiga....each time we play away, we have to deal with totally different balls....if clubs are allowed using orange balls or white, that will add another difficultiy: you have to adapt your vision which is not easy for everybody.

Edited by kakapo - 06/13/2018 at 9:55am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 11:55am
But what if you play where the walls are white? There are some other practicalities. Many seniors have told me they only can see orange.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

But what if you play where the walls are white? There are some other practicalities. Many seniors have told me they only can see orange.

This discussion comes up regularly here too.  Some players do moan about orange balls, but the more important issue is keeping as many venues viable as possible.  They just have to get on with it for the greater good.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 11:59am

I agree, 

at some venues it is easier to see an orange ball depending on the lighting and wall color. Back in celluloid days I preferred the orange ball but had to make the switch to white with poly.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Nittaku Nexcell expectable cost of 3 USD a piece.. really at price of gold.
Double Fish V40+ 0.6 USD, on sale right now from Aliexpress.
   I do prefer DF, just due to my mental sanity.    

I played with DF V40+ at NCTTA tournament and those balls are absolute cr*p. For training maybe they are ok, but for match play I prefer NP40+, DHS D40+, and BTY A40+.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 12:49pm
I played with a Joola ball yesterday for the first time.  It was absolutely terrible.  We have more or less standardized on Nittaku Premiums here, so changing is always tricky.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I played with a Joola ball yesterday for the first time.  It was absolutely terrible.  We have more or less standardized on Nittaku Premiums here, so changing is always tricky.

ILya

The joola ball is terrible too. Reminds me of the XSF balls which I highly dislike now. Both of these have bad QC issues.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

ILya

The joola ball is terrible too. Reminds me of the XSF balls which I highly dislike now. Both of these have bad QC issues.

A couple of guys at my club are going to the tournament in Vegas next week where, apparently, Joola balls will be used, so we played with those yesterday. 

They are soft, light and have extremely inconsistent bounce.  Using them in Vegas will make it even worse.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 1:56pm
Try playing with white balls in a racquetball court. We need orange 3* poly. People who don't like oramge don't have to buy them.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 2:04pm
When you mention the Joola balls are you referring to the Joola Flash balls? They bounce higher than the Nittaku and new DHS+ balls so I can understand why players wouldn't like them.
The new ABS Joola Prime poly balls are made by DHS I'm told and they bounce similarly to the Nittaku ones. We use the new Prime balls at my club and most players are fine with them.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 2:11pm

Well, I can only speak about clubs in Belgium.
White walls in places where we have TT competition are normally not allowed. 
In very low divisions, a few clubs use school halls for playing and it is possible to find some rare places with white walls.
most of the clubs have had their walls painted in light blue, grey, orange...
In my league, we have 12 teams, so 22 days of championship a season, that means 11 days away.
When you go playing away, you only have +/-30 minutes of training before the competition begins.
It is already complicated to be competitive with the different brands of polyballs of course because you are used to train with the brand which is used by your club.
If you add a different colour, that will be worse for me, because for instance :
-match day one : will play with white xushuofa;
-match day two: will play with stiga optimum white
-match day three, will play with xushuofa white
-match day four, will play with nittaku orange
-match day five, will play with joola white....
I have eyes problems for switching from white to orange and from one brand of balls to another with only 30 minutes warming before competition.

Edited by kakapo - 06/13/2018 at 2:17pm
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

When you mention the Joola balls are you referring to the Joola Flash balls? They bounce higher than the Nittaku and new DHS+ balls so I can understand why players wouldn't like them.
The new ABS Joola Prime poly balls are made by DHS I'm told and they bounce similarly to the Nittaku ones. We use the new Prime balls at my club and most players are fine with them.

I am not sure which these are.  Probably Flash.  They were white with blue writing on them and I think they were seamless.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 3:43pm

Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I am not sure which these are.  Probably Flash.  They were white with blue writing on them and I think they were seamless.

ILya

Flash
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2018 at 12:56pm
DHS balls in orange. Available soon.

Good news.

As of July2018, DHS D40+ orange coloration is to come in play. Ask for those from tt-vendors worldwide.
https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2018/02/Balls_2018_17.pdf

Edited by igorponger - 07/05/2018 at 1:01pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 12:39am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

DHS balls in orange. Available soon.

Good news.

As of July2018, DHS D40+ orange coloration is to come in play. Ask for those from tt-vendors worldwide.
https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2018/02/Balls_2018_17.pdf

Where do they sell them ?
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 2:29am
Bought some orange DHS and DF 40+ a while back from taobao. They are about the same in both size and weight comparing to their white versions. The surface of them are slick like celluloid. DHS feels slow but still playable. DF seems worse and not bounce enough in play. They are not perfect but at least I can play with 40+ at last with a group of seniors who have undergone eye surgery in a white wall environment. We are stuck to play with orange celluloid all these years until now. 

Edited by TurboZ - 07/09/2018 at 2:31am
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 2:57am
I asked Zeropong about orange abs balls since they are now selling seamed white abs balls.

They said that they do not sell orange abs balls at this time because the additives to make the abs orange causes the balls to fail the ittf hardness test.

I suspect that while some orange abs balls are on the approved list, mfrs like DHS have not figured out how to produce them in volume. They were able to make small batches of balls that could pass ittf testing, but cannot do full production yet.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 5:52pm
ORANGE BALLS ON SALE, NOW

You will be overjoyed about the price   

The balls came from DHS warehouse directly.
------
𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 2:18pm
dhs d40+ bicolor ball is also available.  But they have no star rating and only CTTA approved.
Maybe the are using up not up to ittf standard orange halves ....

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2018 at 2:34am
NEWLY-BAKED BALLS, in orange.http://mytabletennis.net/forum/mtt_images/bar_rightcorner.jpg

The balls currently available from two Taobao sellers, some 0.3 USD per one.
The data codes embossed on the box XF AH = 06 18.

Welcome to Taobao the marketplace full with goodies countless.

Even more balls.

Edited by igorponger - 07/12/2018 at 4:43am
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2018 at 9:31am
Originally posted by pdotec pdotec wrote:

dhs d40+ bicolor ball is also available.  But they have no star rating and only CTTA approved.
Maybe the are using up not up to ittf standard orange halves ....

I have these. Bought from Aliexpress. The balls are of good quality, the seem is super smooth (in fact indistinguishable). Bought them to see if they could help to read the spin better. So they don't. Even on moderate spin/speed topspins you can't see the rotation, the ball seems orange. Same with opponents serve. If it's a low speed serve there is not enough time to read the opponents racket movement, get ready to receive the serve and at the same time stare at the ball trying to see how it rotates. It's still has to be done the usuall way - from opponents racket movement, contact point, balls trajectory... if the serve is a high speed one, you won't see even if you didn't prepare to receive, cause eye can't distinguish the fast rotation at high speed. This ball could be useful if you are learning /practicing a new serve, to see the quality of the spin applied, as you have more time and usually don't produce fast enough serves if you are trying to at the beginning...
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2018 at 6:09am
ITTF *** ORANGE   FOR SALE. RIGHT NOW.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DHS-2018-New-3-Star-D40-Orange-Table-Tennis-Balls-3-Star-Seamed-ABS-Balls-Plastic/1019735_32900326863.html

Most fresh batch by DHS, marked with letters XF AH, June 2018.

Be Happy.

Edited by igorponger - 07/23/2018 at 6:35am
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2018 at 4:52pm
Great news - I just received word from Paddle Palace that they expect to receive practice orange balls from Nittaku in six months (J-Top) and then three star balls in six months to a year!

No word yet though on when they will stock DHS orange balls.
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2018 at 5:12pm
News Flash (Sorry Opinari, I will buy you a drink in NYC if you come out next time I am in town) 

USA buyers will make a run on the store and the buyers will make a run on the bank. Result is we have no balls after a month.

Edited by BH-Man - 07/24/2018 at 5:13pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2018 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Well, I can only speak about clubs in Belgium.
White walls in places where we have TT competition are normally not allowed. 
In very low divisions, a few clubs use school halls for playing and it is possible to find some rare places with white walls.
most of the clubs have had their walls painted in light blue, grey, orange...
In my league, we have 12 teams, so 22 days of championship a season, that means 11 days away.
When you go playing away, you only have +/-30 minutes of training before the competition begins.
It is already complicated to be competitive with the different brands of polyballs of course because you are used to train with the brand which is used by your club.
If you add a different colour, that will be worse for me, because for instance :
-match day one : will play with white xushuofa;
-match day two: will play with stiga optimum white
-match day three, will play with xushuofa white
-match day four, will play with nittaku orange
-match day five, will play with joola white....
I have eyes problems for switching from white to orange and from one brand of balls to another with only 30 minutes warming before competition.

I agree. With the white & orange balls it is quite confusing from the sight. ITTF is too ambiguous by Approving to the existence of a Orange 40+ ball. Again this makes me confused.
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

Link Feedbacks To Me : Feedbacks
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

News Flash (Sorry Opinari, I will buy you a drink in NYC if you come out next time I am in town) 

USA buyers will make a run on the store and the buyers will make a run on the bank. Result is we have no balls after a month.

Haha, good point - I'll take you up on that drink (and a game) next time you're in town!

Edited by opinari - 07/25/2018 at 11:09pm

opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 11:08pm
I have to admit - I also asked if I could pre-order some balls to get ahead of the crowds!  Alas, I was told no such luck.

Edited by opinari - 07/25/2018 at 11:09pm

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2018 at 12:17am
Plays much like other Nittaku balls.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic