tabletennis11.com

New Orange Plastic Ball 3*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2018 at 11:19pm
PDOTEC, where are you getting round DHS D40+'s that lack the uneven weight spots?

also, the ORANGE NITTAKU LESS SPIN BALL IS FINALLY HERE!

Cheaper than Premiums and Orange with less spin!
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 2:09am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

PDOTEC, where are you getting round DHS D40+'s that lack the uneven weight spots?

The Paddle Palace Club (which is owned by, and adjacent to, the main paddlepalace.com offices) had a tournament last Saturday using the new Nexcel orange balls.  I had to put out at the last minute due to illness, but I spent last week practicing with the orange nexcel.  It was not a pleasant experience.  That lack of spin is like going back to the first generation of plastic balls.  Might as well be playing with bowling balls.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

The Paddle Palace Club (which is owned by, and adjacent to, the main paddlepalace.com offices) had a tournament last Saturday using the new Nexcel orange balls.  I had to put out at the last minute due to illness, but I spent last week practicing with the orange nexcel.  It was not a pleasant experience.  That lack of spin is like going back to the first generation of plastic balls.  Might as well be playing with bowling balls.

So as long as the ITTF approves balls that reduce the Chinese advantages of training there will be more upsets, and TT will become a better and more popular sport for gambling.

(e.g. the more luck involved, the less advantage the Chinese have; you can't train against random) 

Edited by icontek - 12/12/2018 at 5:06pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 1:19am

So as long as the ITTF approves balls that reduce the Chinese advantages of training there will be more upsets, and TT will become a better and more popular sport for gambling.

(e.g. the more luck involved, the less advantage the Chinese have; you can't train against random) 
I know you're just joking, but I think the plastic balls favor the Chinese style of play.  With less spin, there is greater emphasis on just fast play with power.  With more spin you can play with more finesse and use clever play to compensate for the other player's speed or athleticism.  Of course, you could argue that the Chinese adjust so well that it doesn't matter what kind of ball you use.  Even random balls.Wink
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 2:13am
I also bought a few packs of orange D40+ and I'm quite disappointed with their QC. I can't explain with these ball are ITTF aprroved. They look rounder than seamless, but the way they fly at gameplay it's weird with wobling. There's also a brake effect on some of them.

I don't know why but these new batch of DHS aren't no longer the same as previous ones. Maybe it's the colour... IDK but 30/40% are utter gargabe

Edited by jonyer1980 - 12/13/2018 at 2:13am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I know you're just joking, but I think the plastic balls favor the Chinese style of play.  With less spin, there is greater emphasis on just fast play with power.  With more spin you can play with more finesse and use clever play to compensate for the other player's speed or athleticism.  Of course, you could argue that the Chinese adjust so well that it doesn't matter what kind of ball you use.  Even random balls.Wink

If you look at how the game has changed (comparing World Cup finals from 2010 to 2018) you'll notice that the Chinese power forhand is less dominant, and that modern players use a quick attack backhand earlier. 

Also, the Chinese, although still dominant, seem lose more big events more often now than during the last few years of celluloid, when they their strength and power appeared untouchable.

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I also bought a few packs of orange D40+ and I'm quite disappointed with their QC. I can't explain with these ball are ITTF aprroved. They look rounder than seamless, but the way they fly at gameplay it's weird with wobling. There's also a brake effect on some of them.

I don't know why but these new batch of DHS aren't no longer the same as previous ones. Maybe it's the colour... IDK but 30/40% are utter gargabe

Where did you get them from? Return the remaining portion of the shipment and ask the supplier to replace. 

If you want to see how DHS screwed those balls up, put one up to your computer monitor, with a white background screen (this page is fine). Rotate the ball and look for dark spots (these are thickness increases where the light won't pass) and you'll see why the balls have wobble, even though they are round.

Edited by icontek - 12/13/2018 at 5:05pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 4:27pm

If you look at how the game has changed (comparing World Cup finals from 2010 to 2018) you'll notice that the dominant Chinese power forhand is less dominant, and that modern players use a quickj attack backhand. 

Also, the Chinese, although still dominant, lose more big events more often than during the last few years of celluloid, when they were untouchable.
Chinese domination always fluctuates some, depending upon who they have playing.  I think they have a better set of players the last few years compared to 2010.

The fact that the forehand is less dominant is probably due to the plastic ball and the newer quick hitting styles (like Harimoto).  That doesn't mean it hasn't helped the Chinese.  Where the Chinese excel is in two areas: first, general fitness.  Second, they are highly trained in their fundamental skills, such as quality of loop.  The plastic ball encourages more athleticism and more emphasis on fundamental skills, so this benefits them.  The celluloid allowed for greater creativity and finesse, which is generally where the Europeans excel (greater variety of styles, for example).
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

THE BALL MOST FAVORED WITH CHOPPERS.
The orange ball is a perfect sphere. I do not see any ball wobbling upon the finger checkouts, when spinning the ball on the table with fingers.
Yes, the ball may go wobbling in air at some strokes, it is a specific aerodynamic effect and choppers do like it so much.
Choppers would like those orange best of all.

Be happy

Edited by igorponger - 12/13/2018 at 4:42pm
------
𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic