FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Newgy 1055 (new model)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freakinjstu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freakinjstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newgy 1055 (new model)
    Posted: 06/13/2018 at 9:52am
Has anyone here used the new Newgy 1055 robot? I'm on the verge of buying but interested in any feedback ... specifically interested in the following:

1. Is the new model (1055) noticeably better than the previous models? The 1050 can be had for $200 less on tabletennis11 so I'm wondering if anyone has used both.

2. I've spent a few hours with the Newgy 2040, can I assume the 1055 (or 1050) is about the same with just more flexibility on placement? (I'm not interested in the ball recycling and already have a net)

3. I'll be upgrading from the ipong robot - specifically looking for greater emphasis on footwork and movement patterns - any thoughts from someone that has used both?

I'm a new player - started with the ipong a year ago and looking to step things up - if that matters in the advice you give...

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)
Sometimes I use big words I don't fully understand to make myself seem more photosynthesis
wilkinru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 3:28pm
No one has answered your question yet so I'll throw in my advice.

I'd skip any robot with just 1 spin wheel. In the end it is just too limiting. The more speed the more spin. You cannot unpair them. You will never get it to give you a low spin faster ball.

Just an example: It's really frustrating to lose to a pips player who killed your spin, go home to your robot and realize you will never get that ball from the robot you paid good money for.

I used to have one of these robo pongs and upgraded to the butterfly amicus. I mostly use my robot for trouble-shooting situations where I need work. Like right now I'm working on a dead ball short to my forehand followed up by a backhand top spin. Sequences like this I can practice with my multi-wheel programmable robot.

The more expensive Robo-Pong 3050XL looks interesting to me. I like that these are made in the USA and have very good manuals on how to repair them. If given the option I might have gone with this one instead of the Butterfly.

TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 4:14pm
This guy has a video showing the drills; if you like what you see, you shall get it.

Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic