FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Omega VII Asia Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Omega VII Asia Review
    Posted: 06/15/2018 at 2:17pm

Xiom Omega VII Asia

Weight: 71 grams uncut

Speed: OFF+

Spin: Extremely High

Hardness: 52.5 degrees

The Omega VII Asia (O7A) is the 3rd rubber to be released among the Omega VII rubber series. The O7A offers a hard sponge and medium topsheet. It has the same sponge with all the rubbers in the Omega VII series.  So far, the Omega VII Asia has the hardest sponge at 52.5 degrees and topsheet cannot be even considered as soft like the Omega VII Pro. If the Omega VII Pro is more or less comparable to Tenergy 64 then the Omega VII Asia is the Tenergy 05 of the Omega VII Series. I am not saying it is a clone or has the same feel with Tenergy 05 but rather the playing characteristics of the Omega VII Asia is comparable to it as it does have the power and spin with more on power. The change of the ball material has forced manufacturers to have better rubbers to counter the loss of spin and speed initially with the polyball being introduced but nowadays it has become an arms race again so I think the rubbers nowadays have fully adapted to the polyball era. The O7A feels like a very hard rubber almost as hard as a 39 degree DHS Hurricane or feels as hard as Tenergy 05.

The Omega VII Asia is built mainly for speed and power. Speed is very fast and it is almost as fast as the Rhyzer 48 wherein both rubbers are already under the extremely fast category of rubbers. The O7A is so powerful that even at long distance the power does not diminish and like the Rhyzer 48 sometimes overshoots the table. The control is much better as it is a notch slower than the Rhyzer 48. If I compare this to the Omega V Asia, the difference in speed is about 20-30%??? but it is really hard to quantify but the speed difference is obvious. The O5A version has a softer topsheet and softer sponge at 50 degrees. At least with the Omega V Asia, you can sink the ball easier into the rubber while with the Omega VII Asia, even with  just a little stroke, the speed produced is really fast. Think of it as a faster Tenergy 64 but has a very hard feel. Only the Rhyzer 48 has a greater speed compared to the Omega VII Asia but I think you do not need too much speed and power. So if  would I rate the rubber speed nowadays for newly released ESN rubbers, from fastest to the least fast (because all rubbers mentioned are already off+), Rhyzer 48 > Omega Vii Asia > Rhyzer 43 >Omega VII Pro > Bluestorm Z1 = Rasanter R47 = Victas V15 Extra > Aurus Prime. The O7A produces a very long trajectory and semi high or medium high arc when hitting the ball or doing do hard topspins. It takes a bit of time to adjust to the power and speed because when I was using this on my Xiom Feel AX blade, I was a bit shocked for the speed. I even had to shift to a 7 ply limba blade to partially adjust to its power. I could guarantee that even using a 5 ply off- blade (all wood) with the O7A can still produce fast speed at middle distance from the table. It also produces a semi-high pitched loud sound when you are hitting with it and compressing the sponge. With the Omega VII Pro, you would need to compress the sponge to produce power and speed but with the Omega VII Asia minimal sponge compression is required.

People would think the Omega VII Pro is not that spinny at first basing on initial reactions of testers. I did point out to them that the way the Omega VII Pro can be fully utilized in producing spin is to compress the sponge more this is why to people who brush a lot and have lesser sponge engagement would at first find the Omega VII Pro not spinny. With the Omega VII Asia, it has more gears. It is slow when you need it slow and the speed increases in a linear way the moment you also increase your power. Outright, it is already very spinny on thin contact brushes when you are doing heavy looping. It has the characteristics of a Chinese rubber when you are doing spinny loops, doing push chops which is also very spinny. Serves are also spinny and has better control for short strokes like drop shots and flicks. The Omega VII Pro is more bouncy on slower shots than the Omega VII Asia if you are doing the short strokes while the hardness of the Omega VII Asia's sponge feels dead at first for dropshots. The beauty of the Omega VII Asia is more on hard topspins and counter topspins. Spinny and slow looping is above average but it is more suited for loopdrives above the table and counter topspins away from the table. You will appreciate its spin and power once you have compressed the sponge more away from the table

Well this is not the rubber for lower level players. It has a very high potential for speed and spin but also requires a very good set of skills. If you want a high performance rubber for a higher level of play, hands down this is one of the best ESN rubbers in the market right now. For lower level players, I would advise to use it in all wood blades like Xiom Offensive S, Extreme S and Feel S7. If you are into composite blades, I would place this on a Feel AX, HX or ZX3. I would find it too fast if I would place it on an Axelo or Ignito already. The best pairing I've had with this blade is to pair it with limba outer ply blades or choose blades that have a softer feel. Be wary of the weight because this is a heavy rubber and as heavy as Hurricane rubbers. Overall, this rubber is an awesome attacking rubber suited for an all out offensive player.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 6:36am
thank you for your great review, but i want to say that i found that the aurus prime is the fastest rubber i ever testet i played the r47 and rhyzer 48 in ultramax but even the aurus prime in 2.1 thickness was even faster and more powerfull thought but not so controllable (the blade angle must be very precise) but this should not take away your great review,...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 12:53pm
I disagree. I have tested the rhyzer 48 and have use dthe aurus prime so many times because of extra sheets, the aurus prime is not as fast as a rhyzer 48. Even I as a tacky rubber user for the forehand do mot have a hard time controlling the Aurus prime. The Omega VII Asia is like a slower RHYZER 48 but more control and also same spin level but harder.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 1:28pm
Can you tell how it compares to Bluestorm Z1 Turbo? Donic have not managed to get that one right in so many ways so I hope the Omega VII Asia is a lot better.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 2:43pm
Not tried the turbo version yet. For O7A, you need to really hit the ball as hard as you can to compress the sponge but when you do the power and spin are very rewarding.

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 6:25pm
Yogi, Thanks for the quality review. One thing puzzled me though. I am quoting you
" The O7A offers a hard sponge and medium topsheet. It has the same sponge with all the rubbers in the Omega VII series. So far, the Omega VII Asia has the hardest sponge at 52.5 degrees and topsheet cannot be even considered as soft like the Omega VII Pro. "
Can you please be more specific?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 9:50pm
I do not believe they are the same topsheet hardness and this is my opinion i might be wrong. Supposedly if the topsheet if the topsheet softness or hardness is the same then the pro version should not feel soft because it sits on a 47.5 degree sponge which bybstandards is considered as medium hard sponge. There is a softness in the Pro version's top that makes me think it has a different hardness.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 11:27pm
I am not saying they have different topsheets, I am saying that the Pro's top is softer or feels softer for me.

Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 1:05am
Comparisons to the MX-P that rules many of our hearts?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 1:09pm
It feels wayyy harder thwn mxp. They just feel totally different. Omega vii is faster. Spin is almost the same at first but on stronger and more powerful shots, the O7a might be spinnier.

jmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 3:55pm
yogi_bear , please make de Omega 7 Europe review if is possible.

FH :Rakza 7
BH : Donic Barracuda
Blade : Avalox P700

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 11:26pm
I did a review of it in ttd

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 3:52am
I had a session with this rubber again, I feel like you do not need a carbon blade for this rubber anymore because this is very fast. needs a softer blade or a carbon arylate one. Works best probably with a Stradivarius aside from the blades I have used.

jmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

I did a review of it in ttd

What is ttd?

FH :Rakza 7
BH : Donic Barracuda
Blade : Avalox P700

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 11:17pm
Table tennis daily

koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2018 at 4:51pm
Have you also tried Joola Rhyzer Pro 50?  How does it compare to Omega VII Asia?

ILya

BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 10:34pm
Not yet but i will try that once I will be given a sample.

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2018 at 12:05am
Please send me samples too. I'm willing to review any equipment. Rubbers, blades, even socks. LOLLOLLOL
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2018 at 6:20pm
Low throw of the dead by Rhyzer pro 50, but the spin is very high
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2018 at 9:41pm
Spinny and low throw sounds right up my alley.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 12:59pm
Yogi, what is the throw angle of the O7A?
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 8:00pm
OA VII $40.89 on sale at TT11 (and OE VII)

Edited by Dream1700 - 10/04/2018 at 8:01pm
Hasna Haura View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasna Haura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2022 at 1:09am
my blade is Sanwei Paramid.
If paired with Xiom Omega VII Asia, good or not?
How do you feel?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic