FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Training Videos - Ryu Seung Min

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Training Videos - Ryu Seung Min
    Posted: 10/12/2006 at 11:58am
A treat for Ryu Seung Min fans and other TTers (shakehanders and penhlders alike) who want to improve their game.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9OTUU9EY (Part 1)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YSQV04TZ (Part 2)
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Sponsored Links

aanvaller View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aanvaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2006 at 4:28pm
Thanks a lot!!!
blade: BTY Korbel Magichand
fh: DHS Hurricane 3
bh: Yasaka Mark V gps
nerdykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerdykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2006 at 5:29pm
OMG, thanks Genomics, been waiting for this for a long time! Thanks Thanks Thanks
Galaxy 1ply Ayous PHC

Stiga Clippa Red 1.8mm

LKT One Ayous PHJ

LKT Pro XP 2.2 Black Unglued
Idigchubbychick View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idigchubbychick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2006 at 12:03am
can someone change it to an mpg? i cant open this file
josephjuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephjuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2006 at 12:13am
Thanks for video 
paullau512 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullau512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2006 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Idigchubbychick Idigchubbychick wrote:

can someone change it to an mpg? i cant open this file

you can donwload it in DVD with a Torrent ryu1.rar
Stiga Allround Classic
Haifu Shark II Max both sides
divinity911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinity911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2006 at 3:18am
Awesome. Thank you very very much. It even has him demonstrating the reverse spin serve. i am penholder and I find it very difficult to execute it, so if there was one serve I wanted to learn, it's that serve of Ryu's.
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2006 at 5:49am
top effort as always, gk! interesting that ryu chages his grip from fh to bh. do all jpen players do that?
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2006 at 5:52am
*removed duplicate post*
dragoncat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoncat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2006 at 6:16am
Thanks GenomicsKnight! Always providing good 'stuff' as usual. I looked at his reverse serve, but still couldn't execute it! It seems like he is holding the bat quite flat horizontally and didn't swing his wrist a lot (only a swing, about 0 to 90 degree). Anyone got any good tips or suggestions?
huawei. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huawei. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 4:02am
Awesome!
hunpenholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunpenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 9:26am
Does that torrent link still working?
paullau512 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullau512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 9:46am
Originally posted by hunpenholder hunpenholder wrote:

Does that torrent link still working?

yes, and very well !
Stiga Allround Classic
Haifu Shark II Max both sides
hunpenholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunpenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 5:40pm
just because i tryed it and it did not see any seeders or peers... btw now megaupload started to dl :P
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

top effort as always, gk! interesting that ryu chages his grip from fh to bh. do all jpen players do that?

Do you mean he moved his thumb from the base of the blade to rest on the cork handle for blocking? I noticed that too. Not sure if this way gives you more power when you punch block or it's just a matter of preference. I'll check videos of other Jpen players and see how they do it.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by dragoncat dragoncat wrote:

Thanks GenomicsKnight! Always providing good 'stuff' as usual. I looked at his reverse serve, but still couldn't execute it! It seems like he is holding the bat quite flat horizontally and didn't swing his wrist a lot (only a swing, about 0 to 90 degree). Anyone got any good tips or suggestions?

Glad to share.

That's a tough serve to master. Keeping the elbow away from your body will help a lot.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
hanquangson8797 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanquangson8797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 10:01pm
Thanks    .  
powerlooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2006 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

Do you mean he moved his thumb from the base of the blade to rest on the cork handle for blocking? I noticed that too. Not sure if this way gives you more power when you punch block or it's just a matter of preference. I'll check videos of other Jpen players and see how they do it.

This is something all JPen players do--or at least taught if a coach was present. If you've ever seen Kim Taek Soo training, he shows the grip change also. I think that this makes it easier to close the racket, which is necessary when blocking topspin. If the thumb was kept in the normal spot the wrist wouldn't bend fordward very far. By the way, the grip does not change when a JPen player executes the big backhand smash.
Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2006 at 9:39pm
wow I never new j-pen player can do a reall backhand loop with one side of the racket. I always thought that the backhand smash was posible but not a backhand loop and with that consistece. Of course ryu make it look easy but I would take years of training. By the way I'm having a hard time with the video. It plays with gaps and skip by itself.
I'm going up 1986 NooB
Blade: Galaxy T4
FH: Globe 999
BH: Butterfly Cermet I'm not re-gluing anymore
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2006 at 8:24am
Ikaros21 well ryu and lee jung woo can do it. however kim taek soo cant do it. and about the thumb thingy i also do it. and ryu already shows very clearly that he move his thumb at the start of the video
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2006 at 9:03pm

ryu fan.

i dont understand why you think kim ts cant back hand drive when ryu and lee can. kim has been ryu's idol, mentor and all that. you gotta know many amateur players here in korea do that, not very frequently though because its not very useful.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic