Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unopened rubber - how long do they last?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MTMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unopened rubber - how long do they last?
    Posted: 06/24/2018 at 4:07am
I see ads that say a rubber sheet is 'fresh' or 'new stock'.  Makes sense that nothing physical escapes the 2nd law of thermodynamics and everything decays. 

But wondering if I bought rubber in bulk, how long will unopened package of rubber last?  And does it last longer if one store it cool such as in the refrigerator? 

Curious...:)

Thanks. 
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 11:43am
You might be better off just vacuum packing if you are really worried about it.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 11:44am
STALE RUBBERS.

For the sports Rubber products the shelf time is stated to be no longer than 48 months.
After the expire date the table tennis rubbers are normally distributed by the manufacturers at discount price. Some Russian vendors used to buy those "stale rubbers" directly from Shanghai DHS factory stock at discount, also they did got Butterfly "stale rubbers" from Sapporo regional stock directly.

The discount rate is about 60%.

Be happy.

Edited by igorponger - 06/24/2018 at 12:00pm
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 12:01pm
Is there an online store from which to purchase said stale rubbers?
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 5:50am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

STALE RUBBERS.

For the sports Rubber products the shelf time is stated to be no longer than 48 months.
After the expire date the table tennis rubbers are normally distributed by the manufacturers at discount price. Some Russian vendors used to buy those "stale rubbers" directly from Shanghai DHS factory stock at discount, also they did got Butterfly "stale rubbers" from Sapporo regional stock directly.

The discount rate is about 60%.

Be happy.

Is there an expiry date stated on the packing ? I do not see it on Donic Acuda or Coppa, not even on Tenergy 05. It would be nice if we can see the expiry date (or at least the manufacturing date).
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 5:45am
I always leave rubbers unopened for some months till one year. I want no inbuilt boosters !
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 7:35am
I think exactly the same way as Stavros and don't think ever had a problem with a rubber which was unopen. I kept rubbers up to two years. I've just bought 6(bulk) of my usual bh rubber(Tibhar Primus) which have been discontinued quite some time ago. I have no idea for how long they have been hanging in the shop, but they play as good as ever
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic