FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

balsa + inverted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: balsa + inverted
    Posted: 06/24/2018 at 11:19am
any member using a blade with balsa with an offensive looping style with inverted on both sides?
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 11:29am

This is forum member speedy. Forget about what rubber he's using as it's no longer produced. The blade isn't produced anymore either but it was a balsa blade.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2018 at 4:41pm
I consider myself a very offensive player who loves the balsa feeling and although i have a pretty decent blade collection and try many different blades, at the very end I always grab my trusty balsa(carbon)
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
sderyke2002 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sderyke2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 11:43am
One of my paddles is a Battle Balsa with Razka 9 on one side and Shining Dragon on the other.  I loop from both sides and tried the YSD mainly for serving effectiveness.  It is obviously possible to loop with it but it is a world apart from the Rakza 9.

What did you want to know?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I play sometimes with a 100g Butterfly Linmae special and it really is predictable a blade. There is nothing wrong with balsa cores, I never understood why people complain about them, the words they put to criticize them does not translate into rational play, it's all subjective and based on impressions, feel and sensations, not on any technique and results they give for whatever style.

I would intuitively think balsa cores go best when they are sandwiched with composite plies however let's not forget that Borko and Ross Leidy have done so many successful 5-ply blades with a balsa core so to me that puts an end to the discussion.

That Lindmae Special is cheap enough to test:
The ST version is very heavy while the FL and AN are quite light. When I ordered I could ask the weight I wanted so I suggest you do the same if you go for it.

Good luck!

100g is very heavy.
I bought a andro carbon light off+, weighs only 64g.

joola also had good balsa blades.
mc1, bomb extreme, bomb fast, kool, r1.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 2:46pm
that blade probably has a more traditional feel with those thick ayous layers.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/25/2018 at 2:51pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2018 at 3:49am
I have tried many different brands balsa blades and most of them don't have anything in common except the word balsa. Some are very fast, some are not that fast, some feel soft, others not. Among my four"identical" woods two are noticeably flexier than others although the weight is the same.
Often people tell me that I have very powerful and fast top spin, but when some try my blades I sometimes hear remarks like" Oh, really fast but lacks power..." and similar. This is so subjective because often other friends find those ultra powerful
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

I have tried many different brands balsa blades and most of them don't have anything in common except the word balsa. Some are very fast, some are not that fast, some feel soft, others not. Among my four"identical" woods two are noticeably flexier than others although the weight is the same.
Often people tell me that I have very powerful and fast top spin, but when some try my blades I sometimes hear remarks like" Oh, really fast but lacks power..." and similar. This is so subjective because often other friends find those ultra powerful

I think there are some blades with a very similar balsa feel.
And others that you wouldn't notice they are balsa.

The lindmae special from butterfly falls in this last category.

Blades in the first category would be 
-andro carbon light
-tsp balsa
-joola kool
-joola mc1
-gewo balsa carbon

and some more.
these were the kind of blades I was thinking when I created the thread.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 06/26/2018 at 1:39pm
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2018 at 2:12pm
Yeah speedy is using a Joola Kool in that video I linked
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2018 at 4:56pm
Has anyone tried the AN version? Much lighter -> more balsa feeling.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic