Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Stiga Blades Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2018 at 1:00pm
updated with review for Azalea All Around
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2018 at 6:19pm
Thank you yogi!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2018 at 7:09pm
I wish Azalea had different color :(
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 1:29pm
well, pink does make some players double think about getting the Azaleas
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 3:45pm
Yogi_bear,

Between Nostalgic Allround and Azalea Offensive, how are they different in speed/spin/feel?  I used to play with Energy Wood and if you can get one that is heavy like 90+ g, it feels really good.  But I would like to have one lighter than that and still have the same feel and speed.

So I will be interested to hear your comment on the two comparison.  Both sounds very interesting.  Thanks for a great review as usual.

Edited by Believer - 08/13/2018 at 3:45pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 6:32am
This article regarding Nostalgic blades may be of help:

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 11:36am
chinese clone

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

Yogi_bear,

Between Nostalgic Allround and Azalea Offensive, how are they different in speed/spin/feel?  I used to play with Energy Wood and if you can get one that is heavy like 90+ g, it feels really good.  But I would like to have one lighter than that and still have the same feel and speed.

So I will be interested to hear your comment on the two comparison.  Both sounds very interesting.  Thanks for a great review as usual.

all around is like off- and it is faster than all around blades. azalea offensive is like a bouncy infinity with a higher throw. all around is stiff

thirawato View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirawato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 3:32am
Yogi_bear,

I'm using Alser Allround5. I'm looking for a blade which has little more flex and crisp. Can the Nostalgic Allround give me that? Additionally both blades have the structure in the other way around(NO has outer hardwood and AA5 has inner hardwood), what is the differences between them in term of feeling during soft touch and hard hit?

Thank you,
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 7:15am
Flex, go with Azalea Offensive.

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Thank you. TTGearlab always delivers deep & insightful reviews on equipment.

Edited by king_pong - 10/08/2018 at 11:29pm
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

I find hard to believe that clipper CR is faster than rosewood7 like ttgearlab claims
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 2:53am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

I find hard to believe that clipper CR is faster than rosewood7 like ttgearlab claims

Clipper CR WRB and Rosewood 7 have same speed. 
Though ,the quality control of Clipper CR WRB is awful and it is very dificult to find 2 Clipper CR WRBs with the same speed!
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Though ,the quality control of Clipper CR WRB is awful and it is very dificult to find 2 Clipper CR WRBs with the same speed!

Are you sure about rosewood7? I feel RW7 is faster
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2018 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Are you sure about rosewood7? I feel RW7 is faster

RW7 is definitely faster. And wood is wood you know. It´s very hard to find 2 identical blade no matter which brand or blade we are talking about.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
BarryB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 4:45pm
How does the azalea offensive compare to 'competitors' like the bty korbel, tibhar stratus powerwood, arctic wood and offensive nct? 

In terms of plies and thickness it's almost the same as the onct but i didn't like the onct. Found it too bouncy, maybe because of the nct. Strange enough stiga rates the stiga offensive nct as medium elasticity (power) and the azalea offensive as stiff which is strange since they are pretty similar.

So I'm considering azalea off, korbel (japan) and arctic.
It should be a little harder than the powerwood and a little more flex, less bouncy than the onct. Any suggestions?

aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

I am playing an offensive, somewhat closer to the table game with a good ball placement and varying pace. For some time I am using my good old Stiga OC which suits well my with somewhat harder H3Neo on my FH and Donic Bluefire JP Turbo on my BH. I like my OC a lot (great all wood feel, sensitive touch and plenty of spin). The disadvantage, naturally, is that if you are caught further from the table you really have to add a lot of umph and extra effort with a proper swing, full body rotation and weight shift to match your opponents in speed. 

As I am contemplating :) to backing up a bit further from the table, I think I should change my OC to something faster, but still with a great ball feel and not too heavy (I like lighter setups). So I think I will stick with 5 plies all wood again. I was advised to look into new Nostalgic series (I think it was actually yogi_bear...). Unfortunately, no one at my club uses them at the moment. After reading the reviews I think Stiga Nostalgic sounds right, just didn't make up my mind if to go with ALL, or OFF. I am leaning towards OFF. Any advice?

Anyways, when I (if I..) make up my mind, I'll post my impressions too. 
Thanks, yogi_bear for great reviews.

similar situation to myself, swapping out my offensive classic for an offensive classic carbon after numerous folks mentioning my shots lacking power despite my stroke looking good -shrug-  damn EJ bug!
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by aerial aerial wrote:

Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

I am playing an offensive, somewhat closer to the table game with a good ball placement and varying pace. For some time I am using my good old Stiga OC which suits well my with somewhat harder H3Neo on my FH and Donic Bluefire JP Turbo on my BH. I like my OC a lot (great all wood feel, sensitive touch and plenty of spin). The disadvantage, naturally, is that if you are caught further from the table you really have to add a lot of umph and extra effort with a proper swing, full body rotation and weight shift to match your opponents in speed. 

As I am contemplating :) to backing up a bit further from the table, I think I should change my OC to something faster, but still with a great ball feel and not too heavy (I like lighter setups). So I think I will stick with 5 plies all wood again. I was advised to look into new Nostalgic series (I think it was actually yogi_bear...). Unfortunately, no one at my club uses them at the moment. After reading the reviews I think Stiga Nostalgic sounds right, just didn't make up my mind if to go with ALL, or OFF. I am leaning towards OFF. Any advice?

Anyways, when I (if I..) make up my mind, I'll post my impressions too. 
Thanks, yogi_bear for great reviews.

similar situation to myself, swapping out my offensive classic for an offensive classic carbon after numerous folks mentioning my shots lacking power despite my stroke looking good -shrug-  damn EJ bug!

Post how you like your OFF carbon when you buy it! Because I am still playing with good old OFF classic and trying to suppress my EJ and convince that it's all in technique :) LOL
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 3:22pm
after playing with the OCC in comparison, to the OC I don't feel much control was sacrificed for extra speed, the carbon definitely does make it shoot off faster, but I still so feel like there is some flex/vibrations, a similar feel to my old OC

overall I'm happy with the purchase

that being said it doesn't make me play better, still have the same problems I had before with my old racket, but I guess the folks pulling me to the dark side of carbon blades no longer have anything to bug me about 😁
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2019 at 11:17am
Originally posted by aerial aerial wrote:

after playing with the OCC in comparison, to the OC I don't feel much control was sacrificed for extra speed, the carbon definitely does make it shoot off faster, but I still so feel like there is some flex/vibrations, a similar feel to my old OC

overall I'm happy with the purchase

that being said it doesn't make me play better, still have the same problems I had before with my old racket, but I guess the folks pulling me to the dark side of carbon blades no longer have anything to bug me about 😁

your curiosity is satisfied Smile
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Silver Server View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Server Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2019 at 7:31pm
Does Azalea Off play similar to Latika? Sounds like they have the same composition, but the Stiga may be softer.

Edited by Silver Server - 08/28/2019 at 7:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic