tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

US open dec 17-22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 7:26pm
At the Nationals I asked a couple of high level players why the ended up in the bottom division.  In both cases their flight was late and the missed the first round.  With no wins in the first round, they automatically ended in the bottom group.
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Just did the math based on the entries.. It may be until the 3rd round robin until I will get to play someone close to my rating... Looks like the Tiered round robin is great for lower rated players as they get to play lots of higher rated players but it sucks for anyone above 2100 :-(
You need to redo your math again. Right now there are 292 entries in the tiered singles. For simplicity let’s say 8 more entries are received and all of them are lower rated then you. That will work out to 50 groups of 6 players. Now let’s just assume that all the A players win their RR groups. On to 2nd RR. 50 players in Group A, so let’s figure 10 groups of 5 players. You are the 21st player in the group (assuming no change when seeding ratings are used) of 50. That means you will be one of tbe players on the C line on which ever RR group you are in. Which would mean there would be 2 players with higher rating than you and 2 below you. So you will be playing higher rated players in 2nd RR before you get to the 3rd RR.
2 players per group advance to A division I believe. So, there will be 100 players in A. I may have 1 player close to my rating and 5 below.. So, my first 10 matches will be 90% against lower rated players.. 90%.. I like a 50/50 ratio between lower and higher rated players. 9 chances to get upset and 1 chance to upset.. Not a good ratio...
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon OX with removed glue sheet on backhand
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 11:33pm

Just did the math based on the entries.. It may be until the 3rd round robin until I will get to play someone close to my rating... Looks like the Tiered round robin is great for lower rated players as they get to play lots of higher rated players but it sucks for anyone above 2100 :-(
You need to redo your math again. Right now there are 292 entries in the tiered singles. For simplicity let’s say 8 more entries are received and all of them are lower rated then you. That will work out to 50 groups of 6 players. Now let’s just assume that all the A players win their RR groups. On to 2nd RR. 50 players in Group A, so let’s figure 10 groups of 5 players. You are the 21st player in the group (assuming no change when seeding ratings are used) of 50. That means you will be one of tbe players on the C line on which ever RR group you are in. Which would mean there would be 2 players with higher rating than you and 2 below you. So you will be playing higher rated players in 2nd RR before you get to the 3rd RR.
2 players per group advance to A division I believe. So, there will be 100 players in A. I may have 1 player close to my rating and 5 below.. So, my first 10 matches will be 90% against lower rated players.. 90%.. I like a 50/50 ratio between lower and higher rated players. 9 chances to get upset and 1 chance to upset.. Not a good ratio...
 Nope. There will be 6 groups after the first RR A, B, C, D, E , and F. The winners of each RR in the first RR go to A. 2nd place to B and  3rd to C all the way to group F for 6th place finisher in first RR. They are using the same format they have used in the previous Super tiered RR events. They are just adding a third RR before reaching the SE stage.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 6:45am

Nope. There will be 6 groups after the first RR A, B, C, D, E , and F. The winners of each RR in the first RR go to A. 2nd place to B and  3rd to C all the way to group F for 6th place finisher in first RR. They are using the same format they have used in the previous Super tiered RR events. They are just adding a third RR before reaching the SE stage.
Ah, ok, this is better.. I was under the impression that 2 players advance to A but if only one advances, that will be better!

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon OX with removed glue sheet on backhand
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 10:54am
Vince is correct.
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Vince is correct.
Can I quote you on that! Lol
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Vince is correct.

Great.. Good to know!
Thanks for the confirmation!

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 11:50am
I noticed Tin-Tin Ho (ENG) on the entry list (women's and u21 women) and look forward to watching her play. Her USATT is unrated (or 0) and world rank just outside of top 100. I wonder where she'll be seeded. I get the impression her style is super quick ferocious attacker - all business on the court, pleasant and all smiles off the court. Can she hang with the returning Japanese women who dominated last US Open?
Crowd's to the left of me,Cho-ers to the right
Here I am, stuck on this table with you.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

I noticed Tin-Tin Ho (ENG) on the entry list (women's and u21 women) and look forward to watching her play. Her USATT is unrated (or 0) and world rank just outside of top 100. I wonder where she'll be seeded. I get the impression her style is super quick ferocious attacker - all business on the court, pleasant and all smiles off the court. Can she hang with the returning Japanese women who dominated last US Open?

Penholder short pips close to the table, very Asian style game.

She is a sweetheart off the table and all business on it indeed.

Edited by FruitLoop - 12/06/2018 at 5:51pm
Shersey View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 47 minutes ago at 7:13pm
Anyone know if anything from the tournament will be live streamed?
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 6 minutes ago at 8:54pm
Wednesday - Friday night, courts 1-2
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic