FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

No World Cup topic?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 4:41pm
poor Englishmen :(
Hadraw VK FL 82g | H3 Neo 39 2.15mm | Sriver G3 2.1mm
FS Feedback
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 5:06pm
Croatia might still have a chance against France. This is a tough team. 
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 5:15pm
It's coming home indeed.
Life is too short for defensive play.

spinnier.com
fb.me/spinnier
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

It's coming home indeed.
I totally agree.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Croatia might still have a chance against France. This is a tough team.Β 
I fear them more than the rosbifs that’s for sure.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 9:51pm
If I know Croatia would win, I was hoping the final would be Croatia vs Belgium.  Both never win a world cup.  It would be an interesting game.

Besides, I remember Belgium was playing extremely well.   However France's goalkeeper was exceptional.  Otherwise, Belgium could have won by at least 2 goals.
Korbel
H3-Neo / Mark V
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 9:52pm

I would like to watch Croatia against France in the final and Belgium vs England in thr 3rd place game.

Your prediction is very accurate Sir !!!!

If you bet your money, you could have won BIG !!!

Wink
Korbel
H3-Neo / Mark V
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2018 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I would like to watch Croatia against France in the final and Belgium vs England in thr 3rd place game.

Your prediction is very accurate Sir !!!!

If you bet your money, you could have won BIG !!!

Wink
Isn't this a preference of the final he wanted to watch, once Ray knew the the 4 semi finalist over a prediction made at the start

Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 7:22pm
Okay, so now I'm left with Spurs vs Spurs for 3rd place; Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose, Trippier vs Vertonghen, Alderwiereld, Dembele. 

In the final it's down to Lloris (Spurs captain) vs Modric (ex-Spurs). 

My predictions for this weekend?  France to beat Croatia.  Surely the effect of so many extra-time games and penalty shoot-outs has to have some effect on the Croatians.  They've played the equivalent of an extra full match over the French who remain effective and balanced.  I agree and am happy with those pundits who are suggesting that Modric may come away with the Player of the World Cup award, but I can't see him pulling Croatia over the line again.

Belgium to beat England (and yes, I will weep).  I think that England have surprised themselves and everyone else by going as deep into the tournament as they have.  Kane may still taken home the Golden Boot award, but he hasn't been able to get the ball in the net when it's really mattered.  Belgium, on the other hand, really do have their golden generation at their peak right now.

England may be a different proposition in four years time.  They're all so young at present and have so much more to learn and develop.

Regardless of the results over the next two days, it's been a fabulous ride.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 3:40am
Honestly, England made it this far due to the draw. 75% of their goals come from free/corner/penalty kicks. That tells a lot about the balance of the team.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 3:59am
It was some tragedy for Germans.   No goal ... No goal

Just view at 0.25 speed replay.

Edited by igorponger - 07/14/2018 at 4:05am
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 11:57am
Belgium ends on the third spot. Proud of my team but a bitter sweat taste....we could have won that cup.
Clipper Bengtsson, Fastarc G-1 max, spinlord Dornenglanz II, 1,2mm, Japsko Glued
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 6:35pm
They won their last match in the tournament, they leave Russia on a victory, a common point with whoever wins tomorrow. I don't see winning that "little final" (as we call it in France) as a consolation lot, it really means 3rd in the world in the most popular sport.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 7:09pm
Quote "In the end we are proud of what we have done and under no illusions about what we need to do; we have finished in the final four, but we are not a top-four team yet and we know that" said Southgate

Life is too short for defensive play.

spinnier.com
fb.me/spinnier
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

They won their last match in the tournament, they leave Russia on a victory, a common point with whoever wins tomorrow. I don't see winning that "little final" (as we call it in France) as a consolation lot, it really means 3rd in the world in the most popular sport.

Equally, I'm proud of England.  No, we don't leave on a winning note, but losing the "little final" means we finished 4th in the world in the most popular sport.  All those who want to claim that Brazil or Argentina or Portugal were better teams are wrong.  They didn't finish in the final four.  I'm proud to say we did, and the record books will always show that we did.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 2:08pm
lloris is going to be so teased about the 2nd croatian goal; he'll get away because he saved the team many times but...oh boy, what an embarrassment. 

Edited by fatt - 07/15/2018 at 2:10pm
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

lloris is going to be so teased about the 2nd croatian goal; he'll get away because he saved the team many times but...oh boy, what an embarrassment. 

Yes, that was an extremely stupid mistake. In the next somewhat similar situation he decided not to risk his life and on the last second took the ball with hands :) 

It was a nice final. Congratulations France. Croatia- next time :)

Edited by Simas - 07/15/2018 at 4:43pm
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 4:40pm
as the national coach said himself France did not deliver a great match but they managed...so many mistakes and balls lost by great players including Pogba and MpappΓ© themselves; but that's the price to pay when playing a flamboyant game where it's show time and we give all we have.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 5:53pm
I say That Croatia played a better game than France. Yet France can manage and survive.
Korbel
H3-Neo / Mark V
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2018 at 1:49am
As an ex-goalkeeper, I feel for Lloris.  Every other player on the field makes multiple mistakes in a game, but goalies are so vulnerable.  He's a great keeper and kept France in the competition to get them to the final.

More problematic for me were Greizman's very iffy free kick which led to the first goal and then the very harsh penalty decision to give France the lead at half-time.  In the end, I'm happy enough with the result.  Lloris holding the trophy and Modric Ballon d'or.

Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2018 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Every other player on the field makes multiple mistakes in a game, but goalies are so vulnerable.  He's a great keeper and kept France in the competition to get them to the final.

You have a great point. And I feel sorry for Lloris too. I wouldn't agree with you on this situation though. If a goalkeeper tried to catch the ball and it slipped out of his hands or made a bad decision to go catch the ball far from the gates and miscalculated, that's an ok mistake to make. But this one was different. He had a ball and didn't take it when Mandzukic was closing in on him.
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2018 at 3:42am
Your World Cup team?

BBC Sport has their Player Rater team:
  • Keeper - Ochoa (Mex.)
  • Defenders - Trippier (Eng.), Godin (Uru.), Yoshido (Jap.), Nagatomo (Jap.)
  • Midfield - Isco (Spa.), Modric (Cro.), de Bruyne (Bel.)
  • Attackers - E. Hazard (Bel.), Hernandez (Mex.), Lozano (Mex.)
ABC Sport (Aust.) propose the following:
  • Keeper - Lloris (Fra.)
  • Defenders - Godin (Uru.), Varane (Fra.), Mina (Col.)
  • Midfield - E. Hazard (Bel.), Kante (Fra.), Modric (Cro.), Pogba (Fra.), Cheryshev (Rus.)
  • Attackers - Cavani (Uru.), Mbappe (Fra.)
Interesting that BBC followers didn't rate a single French player!  I think the Australian team choices reflect a more naive view - because France won the whole show, they've been swayed in their favour.

My personal selections would be:
  • Keeper - Lloris (Fra.)
  • Defenders - Trippier (Eng.), Godin (Uru.), Mina (Col.), Pavard (Fra.)
  • Midfield - E. Hazard (Bel.), Modric (Cro.), de Bruyne (Bel.), Cheryshev (Rus.)
  • Attackers - Griezmann (Fra.), Mbappe (Fra.)
Anyone want to offer their thoughts?  Who would you pick?
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2018 at 9:58am
The best admirable goal of the Champ, undeniably.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic