FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

vega pro vs t05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vega pro vs t05
    Posted: 07/06/2018 at 7:35pm
Bought some vega pro since i can't shell out 80/sheet anymore it's financially impossible for me. 

Tried it for 30 min and here's my thought. 

1. Vega pro is slower and less spinny. For t05, the harder you hit the harder it will go, the spring sponge speak for itself. The power from t05 is more like exponential than linear.  

Tenergy power = tx

vega pro power = vx + b

where b > 0, t > v, and x = how much power you put. That's how i felt when i play with vega power. For lower brush gear or push it's def spinner compare to t05. 

2. The grip is pretty much the same. For now i'll stick with vega pro for practicing and training, and whenever i go to tourny or will know there's an important up coming match i'll switch back to t05 for bigger guns. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 07/06/2018 at 7:37pm
FH: h3 2.2 39
t05: 2.1
viscaria: 93g
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

The power from t05 is more like exponential than linear.  

Tenergy power = tx

Then why did you not use an exponential equation?
Dr. Neubauer Magical Touch ST; DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer ABS 2.1

My Feedback
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

The power from t05 is more like exponential than linear.  

Tenergy power = tx

Then why did you not use an exponential equation?

Can't come up with any, a ^2 seems too big of a difference. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 11:39pm
Omega Asia VII has almost the same spin and more speed than T05
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Omega Asia VII has almost the same spin and more speed than T05

speed and power comes from the correct form. As long as it's not some kind of super low throw trashy rubber that will lose grip if i go too hard. Vega pro feels like a beginner rubber to me, which is fine; I want my opponents to block my shots so I can practice a little. Unless the player is 2150+ my loop quality is just too high. I got into a bad habit of expecting the shot to be over once I made it. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 07/06/2018 at 11:53pm
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2018 at 5:37pm
I use vega pro for year. Before this I used t05 on fh. I play controlled allround offensive style, compete in lower level official leagues. Here is my experience with these two rubbers:
T05 is better, more catapult, more spin, Twice more expensive, 1.5 tmes shorter lifetime. T05 is mostly hevier, but occasionaly sheet of vegga pro can be equaly heavy.
Vega pro is similar throw angle, more linear, tames your blade and allows you to play similar game like with t05, but slightly slower and less sharp, less errors and less winners. Which is good on lower levels because forces you to learn better consistant loop :) My game and results improved slightly with vega pro.
Both rubers after one month loses sharpness, softens and start feeling like chewing gums, so I have to reglue (i use only water based glue) and it adds some more lifetime.T05 for me lasts 2.5-3 months, vega pro averages 4.
At the end I use vega pro both sides because tired to change rubbers frequently and to spend lot of money on butterfly products.

Edited by garwor - 07/07/2018 at 5:40pm
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2018 at 12:56am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I use vega pro for year. Before this I used t05 on fh. I play controlled allround offensive style, compete in lower level official leagues. Here is my experience with these two rubbers:
T05 is better, more catapult, more spin, Twice more expensive, 1.5 tmes shorter lifetime. T05 is mostly hevier, but occasionaly sheet of vegga pro can be equaly heavy.
Vega pro is similar throw angle, more linear, tames your blade and allows you to play similar game like with t05, but slightly slower and less sharp, less errors and less winners. Which is good on lower levels because forces you to learn better consistant loop :) My game and results improved slightly with vega pro.
Both rubers after one month loses sharpness, softens and start feeling like chewing gums, so I have to reglue (i use only water based glue) and it adds some more lifetime.T05 for me lasts 2.5-3 months, vega pro averages 4.
At the end I use vega pro both sides because tired to change rubbers frequently and to spend lot of money on butterfly products.

When you say "sharp" do u mean the rubber become mushy? Right now i am pretty happy with the vega pro as it feels harder than my t05. Granted the t05 is already 4 month old, i already forgot what a new sheets of 05 feels like. 
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 4:13am
Yes, new rubbers grab ball better, with expected throw angle. I call it sharpness :)
Both become mushy after some period and you have to compensate somehow.

Generaly, most people use rubbers for much longer periods than me, so this mushiness is pretty subjective thing.

One more thing, when I replace t05 after 2.5 - 3 months it looks like used rubber, surface is far from new, edges are damaged (even if you dont hit the table, it chips easily). Vega pro surface after 3 months is almost like new.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic