Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Joola Rhyzer Pro 50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Rhyzer Pro 50
    Posted: 07/27/2018 at 5:49pm
I finally got my hands on a sheet and tried it yesterday.

It is just one practice, but at first blush, it is a near perfect FH rubber for me.  I like low throw rubbers that are hard, very grippy and not sticky.  There aren't that many of these.

I play with a flexible blade, so there is enough dwell time even with a very hard sponge.  The topsheet is medium hard with large pips and excellent grip.  Spinny serves are easy.  Same for over the table openers.  My loops off of half-long pushes were low and ultra heavy.

Blocking seems fine.  I did not do any over the table drills, so we'll see how it goes.  It overall feels pretty linear, so I do not expect problems.

Very impressed so far.

ILya
Stiga Allround Bengtsson
FH: T05, red, 2.1
BH: T25, black, 2.1
JEAus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEAus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 8:30pm
Hi Ilya,

Any further impressions?
I am looking as a possible alternative to Rasanter R50.
Regards,
Jonathan
TT newbie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 9:03pm
Would you say it remind Tenergy 25?
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 5:48pm
It is not quite as weird as T25.  There are some similarities near the table, but off the table Rhyzer Pro 50 is much better.

I like it a fair bit, but ultimately ended up going to a hard sponge T05 on the FH.  It is easier to open over the table with T05H.  Away from the table both work well, but differently given the difference in throw angle.

Service return is easier with  Rhyzer Pro 50, since it is less sensitive to spin and blocking and hitting are appreciably better.

Short serves are easier with Rhyzer Pro 50.  Deep serves have more kick with T05H. 

Rhyzer Pro 50 can make a lot of spin, but you have to put some effort into it.  Counterlooping away from the table is very good.  The ball comes back low and heavy.

Counterlooping over the table is a little trickier.  That is another thing where T05H is markedly better.

ILya

Stiga Allround Bengtsson
FH: T05, red, 2.1
BH: T25, black, 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic