FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Rhyzer Pro 50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Rhyzer Pro 50
    Posted: 07/27/2018 at 5:49pm
I finally got my hands on a sheet and tried it yesterday.

It is just one practice, but at first blush, it is a near perfect FH rubber for me.  I like low throw rubbers that are hard, very grippy and not sticky.  There aren't that many of these.

I play with a flexible blade, so there is enough dwell time even with a very hard sponge.  The topsheet is medium hard with large pips and excellent grip.  Spinny serves are easy.  Same for over the table openers.  My loops off of half-long pushes were low and ultra heavy.

Blocking seems fine.  I did not do any over the table drills, so we'll see how it goes.  It overall feels pretty linear, so I do not expect problems.

Very impressed so far.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

JEAus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEAus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 8:30pm
Hi Ilya,

Any further impressions?
I am looking as a possible alternative to Rasanter R50.
Regards,
Jonathan
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 9:03pm
Would you say it remind Tenergy 25?
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2018 at 5:48pm
It is not quite as weird as T25.  There are some similarities near the table, but off the table Rhyzer Pro 50 is much better.

I like it a fair bit, but ultimately ended up going to a hard sponge T05 on the FH.  It is easier to open over the table with T05H.  Away from the table both work well, but differently given the difference in throw angle.

Service return is easier with  Rhyzer Pro 50, since it is less sensitive to spin and blocking and hitting are appreciably better.

Short serves are easier with Rhyzer Pro 50.  Deep serves have more kick with T05H. 

Rhyzer Pro 50 can make a lot of spin, but you have to put some effort into it.  Counterlooping away from the table is very good.  The ball comes back low and heavy.

Counterlooping over the table is a little trickier.  That is another thing where T05H is markedly better.

ILya

BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2019 at 5:26pm
I've had a month with Rhyzer 50 and have tried it FH and BH on three different blades:  Joola Greenline Extreme, Stiga Arctic Wood and Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (JO Shape).  I have also used Bluestorm Z1 (non-Turbo), M1 Turbo, JP01 Turbo and MX-S to compare relatively similar rubbers.

Based on reviews and descriptions I was expecting an extremely fast rubber that would take time to control.  Well, it is a fast rubber but not uncontrollable in any way.  I found Z1 to be more difficult to control than Rhyzer 50.  The harder sponge of Rhyzer 50 makes it less bouncy, better in the short game and in service.  Blocking is also more precise.  Finer contact loops are surprisingly effective with little to no slippage.

The feeling of Rhyzer 50 is pretty soft.  M1T, JP01T and MX-S feel harder in play.  I keep forgetting I have the 50 degree sponge because it feels so much like 47-48 degrees to me.  To this end, I don't feel like I have to exert as much force/power as I do with MX-S, JP01T, and M1T.  

The throw is lower than the other rubbers listed, but I do not find it unbearably low.  The caveat here is I also play H2 Neo from time to time.  Because of this lower throw it is hard to tell how much spin is being generated, but as others have said, balls that look like they're going long suddenly dip onto the end of the table.  I might go as far as saying Rhyzer 50 is like a tackless, ESN version of H2 Neo in a lot of ways.

I have had no shrinkage when changing blades, but I can't say I've ever had a rubber dramatically shrink on me including a 1 1/2 year old M2.  Nor can I confirm difference in play from red to black as another forum member has noted in another thread.  Mine play exactly the same.  The durability seems really good as well.  Both rubbers still look great. 

If anyone has had experience with Z1 Turbo and can compare it to Rhyzer 50, that would be great. 

Edited by DLC1325 - 01/20/2019 at 5:36pm
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2019 at 5:45pm
I finally ended up settling on T05H on my FH, but it was a pretty close call between that and Rhyzer 50.  

I finally got the hang of serving with T05H which finally pushed me in that direction, but to be honest choosing between Rhyzer 50 and T05H is really a first world problem.  It is just a matter of getting used to one versus the other.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2019 at 5:53pm
Been using 50 Pro on my forehand with z1 on my backhand now since its been realeased. Agree it definitely doesn't feel like a really hard rubber. It's really direct and loop drives, blocking and touch all are stable. Playing a committed stroke really engages the spin and speed also it's not over sensitive to spin for me.

I've tried Z1T and found it to be missing on spin a bit and also felt that much harder to get the power out of it unless giving alot all the time in position.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Been using 50 Pro on my forehand with z1 on my backhand now since its been realeased. Agree it definitely doesn't feel like a really hard rubber. It's really direct and loop drives, blocking and touch all are stable. Playing a committed stroke really engages the spin and speed also it's not over sensitive to spin for me.

I've tried Z1T and found it to be missing on spin a bit and also felt that much harder to get the power out of it unless giving alot all the time in position.

Thank you for this info. Save me some $$.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2019 at 10:46pm
So I ended up getting Z1 Turbo anyway. Compared to Rhyzer 50 it is more linear and slightly harder to generate spin. However, I found that when Z1T is engaged the spin is huge. I feel the short game and precision is better with Z1T, so in the end I prefer it over Rhyzer 50. (Played on Waldner Senso Carbon JO Shape.)
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 9:54am
Is it durable?
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 10:02am
Yes I would say its pretty durable and the top sheet holds up pretty well over time. There is some shrinkage not loads but always worth mentioning. Good overall rubber for either wing depending on level and how you want a rubber to preform. 

Edited by ghostzen - 04/27/2019 at 10:04am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 1:22pm
What is the weight of rhyzer pro 50 and 45 cut to 157×150 blade ?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 2:33pm
My last sheet of Rhyzer Pro 50 cut to Yasaka Goiabao with 3 layers of glue was 50g.

They vary around 70-72g uncut.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 8:15pm
this is really a nice rubber, must try for those who are looking for a well balanced hard rubber

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:03am
Can anyone please compare it with MX-P? Will it be a good combination with a soft limba blade like HL5?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic