Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stiga 9-ply Clipper owners- please share your pics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga 9-ply Clipper owners- please share your pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga 9-ply Clipper owners- please share your pics
    Posted: 08/02/2018 at 9:25am
I'm starting this post so that not only can we have a central place to see some great pics of this extremely rare 9-ply blade, but also to get an idea about how many of us there are who own this rare gem.  I know 2 or possibly 3 others who have a 9-ply Clipper, so if you have one then please share it so we can all admire it.  Smile

I will go ahead and start... here is mine that I recently acquired from my friend and fellow site member, "42andbackpains".  Stellan Bengtsson 9-ply Clipper in new condition with the wonderful "thumb grind" area on the handle, and red lense on both sides of the handle.  The weight is on the lighter side of the 9-ply Clippers I've heard about so far - mine is 106g and I'm hitting with it now.  Butterfly Impartial XS short pips rubber in 1.7 thickness on the FH, and Tibhar Grass D.Tecs long pips rubber on the BH.  Loving it so far and the blocking is great with this paddle.  Smile

Edited by Navin323i - 08/02/2018 at 2:42pm
Hollywood Movie Actor - https://www.imdb.me/Navin-P-Kumar
USA Para Table Tennis Player & 1st w/ Parkinson's Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHC9Bj64bg
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2018 at 2:26pm
Nice idea. Smile In this moment I own two of these 9-py Clipper, both with original signature of Stellan Bengtsson. Big smile

The first one (weight = 103g) has a red lens on both sides of the handle

while the second blade (weight = 109g) has only one red lens.

Actually I am waiting for another 9-ply Clipper with Peter Karlsson lens. Wink

Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2018 at 2:40pm
Beautiful 9-ply Clippers, Manfred!!  Thanks for sharing your pics and I look forward to seeing your update post here with pics of the Peter Karlsson 9-ply Clipper!  Enjoy them all in the best of health, Brother. Clap
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2018 at 4:40pm
this clipper 9 has the same wood composition as dynapower?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

Both blades (Clipper Wood and DynaPower Wood) are constructed with the same kind of wood, but nevertheless the construction is not 100% the same.

The 7-ply Clipper Wood had 2 thin outer veneers on each side and 3 thicker middle veneers.
Thickness was 6,2 - 6,5 mm normally and the weight was 89-98g in the middle.

The first 9-ply Clipper with red double lens was a bit thicker (let's say 6,7 mm) and the weight higher (103-110g). Later Stiga produced a thinner version of this 9-ply Clipper with one red lens on the forehand side. My blade for example has a thickness of only 5,7 mm. Nevertheless the weight (mine is 109g) was as high as the thicker version with red double lens.

Similar to the first version both versions had 2 thin outer layers on each side and a thick core, also similar to the first version, but instead of the thick veneer over the core there were 2 layers of ayous, together with nearly the same thickness as the the thick veneer in the first version. I hope, you understand what I mean.

In opposite to the Clipper Wood the DynaPower Wood had a much thinner core. You can say, that all 9 plies have (more or less) the same thickness.

Saadettin1645 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saadettin1645 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 2:06am
Thumbs Up
Stiga Old Clipper Handmade
DHS H3 NEO 2.1 mm
Xiom Vega Japan 2.0 mm
Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Both blades (Clipper Wood and DynaPower Wood) are constructed with the same kind of wood, but nevertheless the construction is not 100% the same.

The 7-ply Clipper Wood had 2 thin outer veneers on each side and 3 thicker middle veneers.

The first 9-ply Clipper with red double lens was a bit thicker (let's say 6,7 mm) and the weight higher (103-110g). Later Stiga produced a thinner version of this 9-ply Clipper with one red lens on the forehand side. My blade for example has a thickness of only 5,7 mm. Nevertheless the weight (mine is 109g) was as high as the thicker version with red double lens.

Similar to the first version both versions had 2 thin outer layers on each side and a thick core, also similar to the first version, but instead of the thick veneer over the core there were 2 layers of ayous, together with nearly the same thickness as the the thick veneer in the first version. I hope, you understand what I mean.

In opposite to the Clipper Wood the DynaPower Wood had a much thinner core. You can say, that all 9 plies have (more or less) the same thickness.

Excellent explanation, Manfred!

Now let's see some more pictures from other 9-ply Clipper owners here!!  Manfred and I can't be the only folks on here who own this very rare blade.  Big smile
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

As an aside NOT meant to derail OP, but for 9-ply lovers—the Avalox P900 is purported to be the same as the Stiga Dynapower Wood — 9-plies, mostly even thickness (I’m having some trouble posting a good pic at the moment)

Edited by king_pong - 08/04/2018 at 7:28pm
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 3:06pm
Hi King_Pong,

Thanks for your message and I appreciate the good info about the Avalox P900 but I would appreciate if we can stay on topic with owners posting pics of their Stiga 9ply Clippers because that’s why I started this post.

Please feel free to start a separate post for the Avalox if you want, my friend.

Thanks!
Navin
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2018 at 1:42pm
Here it is: my third Clipper Wood 9-ply Big smile
It is a Peter Karlsson Clipper Wood with dark and high quality limba veneer.

Of course this Clipper Wood does not fit to my Bengtsson collection, 
but I am sure, that it will be a VERY nice trading-blade. Wink 
This is a real beast: raw, natural and extremely powerful. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic