Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

On the new-gen 47-48 deg rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the new-gen 47-48 deg rubbers
    Posted: 08/02/2018 at 2:40pm
I'd like this post to be about comparisons between these new-gen rubbers:

1. Joola Rhyzer 48
  2. Donic Bluestrorm Z1
  3. Xiom Omega 7 Pro
  4. Andro Rasanter R47
  5. Gewo Nanoflex eFT48
  6. Tibhar Aurus Prime
and how they perform vs the 'standards' (T05 & MX-P). Keep in mind that such comparisons differ based on what player has used before (particularly T05 or softer vs harder rubbers). All of the above have the new technology of thin topsheet with thick sponge. Have I missed any candidates?

Of particular interest:
  1. Relative comparisons
  2. What blades do they match well with
Some input from my end (I've extensively tried all of the above except #5):
  1. These perform very well with the new style of play (smaller swing during FH stroke with emphasis on hip flexion) as it is easier to activate sponge (because of thin topsheet).
  2. More important to many: they are light in weight.
  3. I've revised my review on the Rhyzer 48 after playing with about 3 sheets. It is a bit like Bluestorm Z2 / Rasanter V47 in the sense that the topsheet is quite soft. I don't like that much at all. Additionally, if one puts more into the stroke, output efficiency of rubber goes down quite a bit. However, a new Rhyzer 48 gives very close to the super speed glue feel than any other rubber out there. Not my choice though.
  4. I prefer Z1, O7P and R47 on limba blades vs koto.
  5. Blade matches: (a) Tibhar Aurus Prime is awesome on BH with the Tibhar Samsonov Powerwood or similar blade. It has a lot of dwell time relative to MX-P. It also goes really well with the Nittaku Acoustic. I think on FH, I still prefer MX-P except on fast, bouncy blades. (b) The XO7P is amazing with the MJ ZLC - a LOT more control and dwell time vs using T05 on the same blade and yet amazing spin.

Sponsored Links

cftt-blades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cftt-blades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2018 at 9:36pm
Great post Slevin.  I haven’t tested all of those, but I do play extensively with either Joola Rhyzer 48 or Donic Bluestorm Z1.  Those are my two preferred forehand rubbers on all of my blades currently. I really do like both.  I felt like there was a bit of an adjustment for the Rhyzer vs Bluestorm, especially Rhyzer 43 for my backhand, as it felt like the throw angle was a bit lower, so I had to adjust my backhand flips over the table slightly.

Also interesting would be the brand new Gewo rubbers that just came out.  Gewo Nexxus Xt Pro 48 And Gewo Nexxus El Pro 48.  El Pro is intended to be more spin based, with Xt being more speed based.  I have a sheet of EL Pro 48 on a custom ZLC blade I finished a few weeks ago, and it plays beautifully.  The feel on opening loops is exceptional.  Unfortunately I was not able to get it in a max 2.3mm sponge when I ordered off contra.de, and since it was put in stock on TT11 a few days ago it is already totally sold out.  I intend to get some max sponge of both of these in the future, as well as the EL Pro 43.  I’ve got EL Pro 38 on the backhand of my ZLC blade and I really like it too.  I thought it might feel too soft to me, being used to 42.5-43 degree hardness sponges for my backhand rubbers, but it plays very well.  I like the soft feel, as I really like to feel the ball being gripped by the rubber with openers on my backhand.  I try to focus on very brush oriented spin-based openers on my backhand loops, versus lots of power, and I feel that control with lots of grab and high amounts of spin being generated.
Chris
---
Custom Blade made by me
Donic Bluestorm Z1
Donic Bluestorm Z2
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 4:36am
To start off, the nanoflex series is from the same generation as mx-p and bluefire, The ft48 vs mx-p:

Topsheet hardness       ft > mxp
Topsheet grip           mxp > ft
Spin on full effort     ft > mxp
Spin in low-med effort mxp > ft
Catapult/bouncines      mxp > ft
Spin on serves/pushes   mxp > ft

Now 1.mxp vs 2.t05 vs 3.aurus prime(ap) vs 4.nexxus El pro(nex) 48 vs 5.rasanter (r47) vs 6.hype kr pro(hkp) 7. Rasanter (v47) 8. Nano (ft)

Topsheet hardness       ft > mxp > t05 = ap > nex > r47 > hkp > v47

Topsheet grip           nex > mxp > ap > r47 > t05 > ft > hkp > v47

Spin on full effort     ft > mxp > nex > t05 > ap > r47 > hkr > v47

Spin in low-med effort nex > t05 > r47 > mxp > hkp > v47 > ap > ft

Catapult/bouncines      t05 > v47 > hkp > nex > ap > r47 > mxp > ft

Spin on serves/pushes   mxp > nex = t05 > ap > ft > r47 > hkp > v47

These are the rubbers iv used for a good enough time for me to give a decent feedback. Also, they are all my personal views after being tested on spinny limba outer blades (marcos freitas /vega pro). I play an aggressive spin based game off both wings, not too much of a rally player, 3rd ball kills are what I aim for mainly. Incase anyone has any sort of questions do let me know. Also, incase I goofed up anywhere, let me know, that was a lot of rubbers to compare :P

Edit- just realised that slevin must have been talking abt the neoflexx eft48, my bad. I have tried it for a brief time, it has the same kinda grippy topsheet like the nexxus rubbers but has a pip geometry like v47.

Edited by nv42 - 08/04/2018 at 1:07am
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 9:33am
This would be a great thread!
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 10:45pm
Among these rubbers, o7p is noticeably lighter than the rest, right?
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 10:55pm
How does o7p compare to mxp on the backhand? I haven't really played with much else other than mxp, but after watching JWJ at the korean open, I'm inspired to try it! ;)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 11:44pm
Yes, O7P is probably the lightest of this bunch of rubbers.

O7P is a lot less bouncy (especially against incoming topspin) relative to MX-P. More control and a bit slower than MX-P.

I did not like O7P as much on Viscaria. I love it on MJ-ZLC.

I bought MJ-ZLC with 2 almost-new T05 on it. The combo felt quite bad - almost no dwell and no control. I put O7P and the most amazing attribute (especially for a rubber that is known to be fast) is how much control I have. Surprisingly, it has more dwell while looping than T05 (especially against backspin). It almost completely negates incoming spin in loops. My main problem with fast blades (like MJ or IF-ZLC) was blocking within the table. Now, with this rubber, it is automatic. It also, somehow, reduces speed of incoming ball after impact quite drastically if you want it to. It almost feels like playing with H3 unboosted rubber on the MJ (in how it negates incoming spin). And yes, it is very spinny when you want it to be. The flip side: just like with H3, generating topspin against incoming topspin requires a bit more effort than with T05 or MX-P (but this is an easy problem to have).

Mind you, these attributes are with MJ as the blade. Not sure how it is with other blades.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 8:04am
Great thread slevin. I wished for it month ago.
Now i tried all rubbers except geo.
Aurus is the slowest.
Rasanter nothing special but does everything good but not very good.
Rhyzer feeling is bad low throw and uncomfortable remind me a lot to calibra lt.
O7P is good but focuses more on speed than spin and lower throw than 05 for sure.
Z1 is the best it outperforms 05 and mxp on slow opening loops. And has the most spin on a full powerful stroke just like 05 and a more than mxp.
So if Z1 is the best rubber nowadays what is its weakness? It is very bouncy above the table in 2.3. In 2.1 it is the best rubber in the world right now.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 8:24am
About the weight o7p is the lightest all the rest same weight as 05 , mxp the heaviest.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 2:52pm
Does the Z1 smells like booster when new?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Great thread slevin. I wished for it month ago.
Now i tried all rubbers except geo.
Aurus is the slowest.
Rasanter nothing special but does everything good but not very good.
Rhyzer feeling is bad low throw and uncomfortable remind me a lot to calibra lt.
O7P is good but focuses more on speed than spin and lower throw than 05 for sure.
Z1 is the best it outperforms 05 and mxp on slow opening loops. And has the most spin on a full powerful stroke just like 05 and a more than mxp.
So if Z1 is the best rubber nowadays what is its weakness? It is very bouncy above the table in 2.3. In 2.1 it is the best rubber in the world right now.

Yeah, I call bs
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 3:36pm
I don't get how these new rubbers, which are way more linear than MXP/T05 are easier to hit/drive with shorter swing etc, I found them to require way more work than bluefire m1/mxp generation. 

Also there is no easy access to spin on these rubbers, the topsheet might be thinner, but its way harder to crack it.

Most importantly they feel kind of numb and I like having feedback on a rubber.

Edited by rocketman222 - 08/04/2018 at 3:43pm
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 3:54pm
Too much unnecessary controversy here.

Fact is that these new gen rubbers mostly have lower throw and more catapult than previous gens, hence they perform better for counter-looping and short stroke counter play at the table. Looping underspin is worse. But some are still very different to each other, so it's not appropriate to judge them alltogether.

I tried Aurus Select, Z1 and Rasanter R47. First two are medium-low throw, R47 is med to med-high, but that one felt like cardboard, slow and not much spin. Had them from a test set of a local shop, who knows how old they were. I liked Z1 best.
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 7:11pm
Is the highest throw/highest grip (but also very fast) non-tenergy rubber still MXP?
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

Is the highest throw/highest grip (but also very fast) non-tenergy rubber still MXP?

I would say nittaku fastarc G-1 is probably one of the best alternative for Tenergy 05. Its advantage over tenergy is the fact that it's very linear because of the hard sponge. 

Crazy amount of spin on hard loops but tenergy is still better at slow-spinny topspin
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Too much unnecessary controversy here.

Fact is that these new gen rubbers mostly have lower throw and more catapult than previous gens, hence they perform better for counter-looping and short stroke counter play at the table. Looping underspin is worse. But some are still very different to each other, so it's not appropriate to judge them alltogether.

I tried Aurus Select, Z1 and Rasanter R47. First two are medium-low throw, R47 is med to med-high, but that one felt like cardboard, slow and not much spin. Had them from a test set of a local shop, who knows how old they were. I liked Z1 best.

There is no controversy, fact is these rubbers are mediocre at the best.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2018 at 10:58pm
The nexxus feels the best overall rubber currently, especially if you take durability into account, also very close spin and speed performance to mx-p and to5.
If I had to choose, I guess the closest rubber to the nexxus from the previous gen is the aurus select, but sadly thats a med hard rubber and the nexxus El pro 48 sits in a league of its own. My only dilemma is whether this is an entire new gen altogether and whether to expect similar performance rubbers from other brands as well.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 5:44am
Among the old generation no rubber can beat cornilleau pro gt 47 in terms of spin speed control and durability. But it is as heavy as mxp.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 8:35am
Mantra also should be here, no?
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 12:30pm
No, Mantra is regular japanese rubber, very linear, requires much more effort and brushing to make a good shot, but contrary to these new-gen rubbers, additional effort translates into higher quality shot.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

No, Mantra is regular japanese rubber, very linear, requires much more effort and brushing to make a good shot, but contrary to these new-gen rubbers, additional effort translates into higher quality shot.
I love Mantra. have only tried Rasanter and Aurus Select from the above mentioned rubbers. not looking for more
spin or speed than the Mantra but will take it if they come with similar level of control / consistency as Mantra. any candidates?

Edited by tom - 08/05/2018 at 1:39pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 6:19pm
I definitely prefer my Mantra H over the O7P which is maybe the biggest disappointment I had recently.... maybe I was expecting too much out of it, or maybe it simply didn't shake hands with my usual (Balsa/Carbon) blade
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 11:21am
Yesterday  I tried first time andro rasanter r47 2.0 (at this moment it's rubber with best score on ttdb), looks too soft and slow for fh on andro treiber K blade(which is on softer side also). Good maybe for bh, also good for short/touch pushes. Good spin, but generaly produces weak shots. Still I didn't resolve throw angle, is it high or low, looks on harder shots throw is lower than on over the table loops.
Other users have similar experiences?

Edited by garwor - 08/07/2018 at 11:22am
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Yesterday  I tried first time andro rasanter r47 2.0 (at this moment it's rubber with best score on ttdb), looks too soft and slow for fh on andro treiber K blade(which is on softer side also). Good maybe for bh, also good for short/touch pushes. Good spin, but generaly produces weak shots. Still I didn't resolve throw angle, is it high or low, looks on harder shots throw is lower than on over the table loops.

stick with vega pro it's hte best. 
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2018 at 8:15pm
Among rubbers listed in this topic (except Tenergy, please) which is/has:

- fastest when flat hit?
- fastest when looping against backspin?
- lowest throw angle?
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 9:11am
Having tried most of these new ESN rubbers their play is similar cause they are made by the same manufacturer and are really dependent on the blade you put them on. From what I have experienced there are 2 types of rubbers in the 47.5-48 degree category . One has a hard feel top sheet and the other soft. I prefer the softer version such as Omega 7 Pro . I also only like this new generation ESN in max sponge thickness . I really believe the thin topsheet is designed for the max sponge thickness.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 9:23am
I started using the omega 7 pro on the last weekend. Still getting used to it. Comparing to the G1 that I've been using, it feels softer and less grippy. Of course, I only have a couple of hours' play so far.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 11:06am
With O7P you really need to engage the ball aggressively to get the spin and speed.If you use more of a brushing technique O7P is a bad choice unless you want to use it as an Allround type rubber .
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

With O7P you really need to engage the ball aggressively to get the spin and speed.If you use more of a brushing technique O7P is a bad choice unless you want to use it as an Allround type rubber .

Yes, I heard about that. Maybe it was a wrong choice for me. Is this true with all the new gen rubbers? You mentioned all of them are similar and are from the same manufacture.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I tried same r47 sheet on flexy 5ply blade and it's much better, although I don't like soft topsheets too much. 

Edited by garwor - 08/13/2018 at 11:57am
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic