Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On the new-gen 47-48 deg rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 12:17pm
Personally O7P plays really well on my Ultimate 2 but that blade is soft. On my Hurricane Long 3 which is a little harder but still a 7 ply with Limba outer the rubber had a lower throw and took more effort to generate the same shot. I tried Rhyzer 48 on my U2 and it felt a lot faster but it seemed to sacrifice a lot of spin. Yes ESN makes all the new thin top sheet rubbers. I am currently glueing on some GoldArc8 .
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 1:40pm
From what I read, I think bluestore Z1 might be something more suitable to my style. And of course if I add in the price factor, G1 might still make the most sense...
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 1:52pm
I tried Z1 once .I can't remember which blade it was on. It was fast but it had a low, long throw. G1 is a great rubber. Very grippy and a medium hard sponge.
azv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 3:59pm
Any of the new generation rubber with thin topsheet that is more suitable for brush looping?
TSP Swat, V15 Extra, LP
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2018 at 9:08am
Some thoughts and data, based on my experience.

I'm an attacker, two wings looper, I have been playing for almost 4 years.

My setup is: Viscaria FL, Rasanter R47 2.0 on forehand, R42 2.0 on backhand.

Nowadays, I'm experimenting a bit with the Omega VII Pro and I'd like to share my opinions.

Data:

Rasanter R47 red 2.0 cut on Viscaria, with 2 glue layers, weights 46g.

Omega VII Pro black 2.0, uncut is 64g, cut on Viscaria should be around 46g (the leftover is 18g).

I've tried the O7P for 1 session, 3 hours training, during which I made a friendly tournament with my teammates. So I did 20 minutes warm up and 3 tough matches with it. On bh I had Omega VII Euro 2.0 red.

O7P was glued with one thick layer on it and one onto the blade.

At the touch, the rubber seemed a little bit softer overall than the R47.

Speed: R47 faster than 07P

Spin, counterlooping: R47>O7P counterlooping is spinnier with R47, also it lands always on the table with bigger catapult

Spin, looping underspin: R47>O7P easier to lift heavy underspin balls with R47 compared to Omega 7 Pro, and the ball is spinnier with R47, more difficult to block for the opponent

Topspin Drives: R47 clearly better than O7P, I had to put a lot of efforts to produce power with O7P

Spin on Serves: O7P a bit spinnier than R47

Flip over the table: O7P better than R47, given the slight better control of the O7P over the R47

Blocking: O7P better than R47

Control: O7P slight better than R47

Flat hits: R47 slightly faster than O7P

Throw: R47 has lower throw than O7P in topspin drives, higher throw in counterlooping.

Let me say that overall the O7P was a bit of a disappointment for me. A friend of mine told me to reglue it and try it again. What I noticed immediatedly, is the lack of power compared to R47: the O7P has a worse Power/Weight ratio than R47. I'm not sure this could be related only to the 1 layer glue method.

Anyway, I'll try it again and in the meantime I'm going to order the Gewo Nexxus EL PRO 48 to compare to them too.

One thing that really annoys me on the R47 is the fact that the topsheet wears very rapidly, and I should replace the rubber every 30 days or less to keep the spin and speed at good level.

On the contrary the Omega VII series topsheets seem more durable, my previous omega VII Euro black kept shining for one month while the R47 lost its shininess in ten days...this is one of the reasons why I'm not considering the Z1 (the other being the weight).

At the end I could use the O7P on the backhand thus improving on block and cut's spin respect R42/O7E.

That's all!!! Dead

Viscaria FL
Omega VII Pro 2.0 Black FH
Omega VII Euro 2.0 Red BH
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2018 at 11:10am
As I wrote somewhere O7P is my biggest disappointment from all the Xiom rubbers so far, or was I expecting much too much
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2018 at 1:54pm
Yeah I tend to agree with you
Viscaria FL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2018 at 2:30pm
It's always interesting to see what works for some but not others. O7P is my favorite compared to the other new ESN rubbers. I disliked Rhyzer 48 the most followed by Rasanter and Bluestorm . Getting ready to test GoldArc8 47.5 this week.

Edited by jpenmaster - 08/14/2018 at 2:33pm
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2018 at 2:51pm
I'll give the O7P another chance by regluing it, I'm not sure one more layer of glue would to the trick, I hope so...you're right, in the end it's always a personal matter
Viscaria FL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2018 at 3:45pm
I use 3 layers of Rev glue on my rubber and 2 on the blade I also only use max thickness sponge. I would find it hard to believe one more layer of glue would matter but give it a shot.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2018 at 3:57pm
Again my biggest problem with O7P is not its speed but the spin, due to the brushing vs. hitting strokes mentioned above. I guess that wouldn't be fixed by regluing for sure.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2018 at 8:46am
After playing a few hours with GoldArc8 it plays very similar to Omega 7 Pro with more spin. If you already like O7P and would like a little more spin or can get a better price on GoldArc8 (which you can)it might be a better option.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2018 at 10:01am
I liked the O7P alright, the top sheet particularly felt soft and gripped the plastic ball well. Everything else was...fine but not spectacular but I played a league season with it and felt it performed well. However, when I pulled it off my blade to boost it for another month's use--the top sheet holds up well, was still grippy--I ripped the damn thing in half! Never have I done that w/a rubber in all my years playing! And it's not cheap! And I'd used a regular, thin coat of WBG. Straight back to T05 for me and never happier. Well, my wallet's been happier but...
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 5:30am
I found the rhyzer 48 the best for me. Its more linear than bluestorm or rasanter, has higher spin, and has the biggest freshglue feeling.
Rhyzer 48 doesnt have so soft topsheet as bluestorm/what i like- the tottaly soft topsheet on bluestorm causes the unlinear behaviour/.
Be carefull, rhyzer 48 is very fast-its dangerous weapon on off blades./also dangerous for owner:)/

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 8:49am
I used the O7P again last night. Another round of disappointment. I'm giving it up. A shame that it was that expensive. Going back to G1, maybe one the rubbers with the best value.
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 4:20pm
Update here.

I have reglued the O7P, this time using two layers of Revo3 on the rubber and one on the Viscaria.

The result is much better, now I'm enjoying the rubber very much: I found the power, the precision and the spin. Counter topspin fantastic! I'd say very limited differences from R47. I'll give other training sessions to confirm today's impressions but I believe I'll keep it and I'll wait to come back to R47.

The first time I glued with Freechack Pro then left the racket on the press for 1 hour, 1 layer on both rubber and blade. This time I left on the press for 8 hours. I doubt the result is different because of the glue, probably it's the glue process which was unlucky the first time.

OT. On the backhand I tried the EL-S 1.9/2.0mm. Previously I used the R42 2.0 and for two sessions the Omega VII Euro 2.0. The result was bad. The weight of the EL-S changed the balance of the racket, resulting in a lot of balls hit with the edges. Also I couldn't feel the ball on the loop against backspin..I felt I had a brick instead of a rubber...I'll come back to O7E and when worn out probably I'll go to Andro V42, since everyone keeps saying it is "the perfect backhand rubber".

Viscaria FL
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 4:34pm
I can´t play with a setup glued with only 1 layer of glue.
Usually when I glue a new rubber I cut it before (using a square of double sided tape to keep everything in place) and put at least 5 layers of (water based) glue on the sponge. It takes a whole day. 
Then I use 1 layer of rubber cement on the sponge and another one on the blade and finally attach both.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2018 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Fedex78 Fedex78 wrote:

Update here.

I have reglued the O7P, this time using two layers of Revo3 on the rubber and one on the Viscaria.

The result is much better, now I'm enjoying the rubber very much: I found the power, the precision and the spin. Counter topspin fantastic! I'd say very limited differences from R47. I'll give other training sessions to confirm today's impressions but I believe I'll keep it and I'll wait to come back to R47.

The first time I glued with Freechack Pro then left the racket on the press for 1 hour, 1 layer on both rubber and blade. This time I left on the press for 8 hours. I doubt the result is different because of the glue, probably it's the glue process which was unlucky the first time.

OT. On the backhand I tried the EL-S 1.9/2.0mm. Previously I used the R42 2.0 and for two sessions the Omega VII Euro 2.0. The result was bad. The weight of the EL-S changed the balance of the racket, resulting in a lot of balls hit with the edges. Also I couldn't feel the ball on the loop against backspin..I felt I had a brick instead of a rubber...I'll come back to O7E and when worn out probably I'll go to Andro V42, since everyone keeps saying it is "the perfect backhand rubber".

I also used one layer on the rubber and one layer on the blade, and kept it pressed for about an hour. Can't imagine how much difference it makes. But maybe I'll try again later.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2018 at 10:30am
Omega7pro 2.0 on backhand is a do it all rubber. Flicks, backspin, topspin, block. has a slightly soft feel but stays hard no matter how strong you loop. Doesn't bottom out. And the weight balance is perfect it makes the forehand faster with the heavier rubber on the other side.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 9:37pm
More input on O7P:

Last three months, I had been playing with O7P 2.0 that a friend had ripped from his blade and given it to me in exchange for MX-P. To get it a few mm bigger in size, I had to boost it.

Two days ago, I tried O7P max both sides on the same blade. Felt a bit different - topsheet felt relatively stiff and a bit tougher to generate spin with.

So, either this rubber has a break-in period, or, more likely, unlike any other non-Chinese rubber I've tried, boosting brings this rubber to God Mode. I have not seen such results with T05 boosted or MX-P boosted.

Another positive: this rubber is at least 2-3 times as durable as MX-P. Normally, boosted rubbers last a month for me. This one lasted three and I can still very comfortably use it for another 2 if I want (it is on my practice blade now).

More likely, instead of max, I'll use boosted 2.0 from now on (for better control because I use a OFF ZLC blade).
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 7:36am
I have been trying the Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 (max). It feels a lot like the Aurus Prime except that it feels a shade softer and a bit more controllable. High throw with good spin. Weaknesses: max thickness is not that great in smashing and hard power loops. To me, it feels a shade soft on FH but that is purely a personal thing.

Overall, this is the 2nd best new-gen rubber I have tried (I'd put the O7Pro a shade ahead, especially when boosted). 

Edited by slevin - 10/24/2018 at 7:49am
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 8:54am
If you compare rasanter v42 vs xiom omega vii eu.
Is not too low throw with rasanter v42 in comparison xiom omega vii eu?
Why did you choose r42 vs v42?

I have been playing with omega vii eu for 2 hours, and I am quite satisfied. I switched from rhyzer 43, which was marginally faster and harder.

Edited by jackass22 - 10/24/2018 at 8:54am
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 4:10am
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

If you compare rasanter v42 vs xiom omega vii eu.
Is not too low throw with rasanter v42 in comparison xiom omega vii eu?
Why did you choose r42 vs v42?

I have been playing with omega vii eu for 2 hours, and I am quite satisfied. I switched from rhyzer 43, which was marginally faster and harder.

Dunno if it's for me. Anyway.

Backhand time. Bit OT.

While I'm quite stable with the Nexxus EL Pro 48 on fh, I'm still undecided what to use on bh.

Currently with EL PRO 43 I'm quite satisfied except brushing topspins (opener topspins) which I'd desire spinnier and with more solid contact. This rubber feels a bit slippery indeed. On topspin loops it is very good instead, a lot of power and feeling.

The O7E (I've used it for two months) on the contrary is better on opener topspins, while it lacks a bit of power on topspin loops. Highly durable, one of the best.

The R42 is the best of both worlds but the topsheet degrades too quickly, quicker than O7E for sure. The EL PRO 43 is still on test but seems durable as well as O7E.

A lot of people suggest me to have a rubber on backhand that excels in blocks, cuts and flat hits, so I thought about the V42, given the reviews from the best contributors here and from TTD. So I was curious about it.

R42 vs O7E (your first question):
R42 a bit spinnier then O7E
O7E higher throw than R42
R42 a bit faster than O7E
O7E better control than R42, banana flicks very easy to execute

Maybe we could open a thread regarding the new gen 42-43 deg rubbers for backhand Smile

Viscaria FL
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Fedex78 Fedex78 wrote:

Maybe we could open a thread regarding the new gen 42-43 deg rubbers for backhand Smile

Clap
Force Pro Special 7ply
FH: Fastarc C-1 1.4
BH: Tenergy 80 1.7
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2018 at 4:50pm
So, a bit of a follow-up on the relative pros and cons between these 47-48 deg rubbers:

After trying out O7Pro and Nexxus EL48, I shall take Rhyzer 48 off my 'recommended' list. R48 has too soft a topsheet, IMHO.

Disadvantage of the O7Pro is that when you hit hard, throw 'collapses'. However, this is generally not a factor and I like it much more than MX-P (which is relatively not as grippy with the ABS ball). O7Pro also has more dwell than MX-P and is an easier rubber to use.

Two notes on the Nexxus EL48: Unlike some reports, I found it excellent in the short game and found it to have very good spin on serves. FWIW, serve is by far the strongest part of my game and for some weird reason, my serves are generally stronger more effective with non-chinese rubber than with H3 Neo.

How to choose between the Nexxus EL48 and the O7P? It depends on what throw you want. If you want high throw, choose the former. For medium throw, choose the latter.

Both are excellent on carbon blades with limba outers.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 8:49am
After using O&Pro for a few months, I really started loving this rubber.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2020 at 2:31am
  After time i can summarize, that rhyzer 48 2 mm is the best rubber from the list for my bh.
At slow to medium speeds this rubber spins the ball like no other. Rhyzer 48 has more spin than Tibhar Evolution MXP and I would say ever so slightly more than Tenergy 05 – finally an ESN rubber that can compete with Tenergy 05 on the mechanical grip stakes. 
However when playing high speed/ high arm speed strokes, tenergy has a little bit better spin.

garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2020 at 7:12am
O7 pro 2.0 is probably worst disappointment of all rubbers I ever tried. Even with some quite slow dead cheap chinese rubbers (I dont use them generaly) I managed to produce good game and good results. But with o7 pro...simply nothing is good. I lost easily to much weaker players, tried this rubber on several various blades (allround/off-/off/off+/wood/composite) but nothing worked. In my opinion this rubber requires very active wrist play. But most of us dont play so agressivly.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2020 at 7:19am
It also shrinks enormously.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic