Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old hock blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClarkNK View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old hock blade
    Posted: 08/05/2018 at 10:17am
I have an old hock blade I have had forever - purchased it back in the early 60's I think, not sure, possibly earlier.  Anyway, I an wondering what it is worth. I used it a lot, at one point removed whatever rubber was on it, put a more recent pips-out rubber on it (along with some kind of very thin double-sticky film to glue the rubber on), used it a bit, but mostly it just sat in the closet.

Subsequently I removed the rubber, and the double sticky film. It also seems that I did a small amount of rough trimming to one of the paddle edges long ago, can't remember why I might have done that, but you can see from the pictures what I am talking about. One of the pictures shows what appears to be "32 Gm" penciled on.  That must have been put there by the manufacturer. The "32" is very clear, not sure about the "Gm". If it really is 32 grams, that would be  1.13 ounces.  I don't know if that makes sense or not.

There is no "Hock" or number on the handle. Who knows -- maybe it was made before the handles started being imprinted.  Anyway, I mentioned I had an old hock blade to a player from the Rochester Table Tennis Club and he wants to buy it. I have no idea what it might be worth.

Ok, now I will attempt to add the pictures below:

Sponsored Links

gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 11:30am
In the condition that is in you will be lucky to get much for it. There are a lot of Hocks out there in conditions going from yours or similar, to new.

Good Luck.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 4:39pm
From your picture it looks like your handle at the bottom has the remnants of a number (74?) unless my mind is playing tricks on me, lol. Personally I’d just keep it as you would likely get more with the “Hock” and number stamped at the bottom of the handle. I’ve owned and still own a few old Hocks and they all have the Hock stamp and number so maybe yours had them at one point?
Good luck on your sale if you decide to sell it.
Hollywood Movie Actor - https://www.imdb.me/Navin-P-Kumar
USA Para Table Tennis Player & 1st w/ Parkinson's Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHC9Bj64bg
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 11:48am
How much does a new hock sell for now?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ClarkNK View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Navin323i Navin323i wrote:

From your picture it looks like your handle at the bottom has the remnants of a number (74?) unless my mind is playing tricks on me, lol. Personally I’d just keep it as you would likely get more with the “Hock” and number stamped at the bottom of the handle. I’ve owned and still own a few old Hocks and they all have the Hock stamp and number so maybe yours had them at one point?
Good luck on your sale if you decide to sell it.

No -- there is really no sign of ever there being a number or the word "Hock" on the handle. And I don't remember there ever being one from the day I bought it new. I have long since forgotten where it was that I purchased it.  My bet (just a guess) is that they started putting the name and number on after this one was made; it would be interesting to learn if anyone else has or has seen one with no name and number.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2018 at 7:08pm
You could always ask Don varian.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic