tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

ZJK: Screw You, ITTF!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZJK: Screw You, ITTF!
    Posted: 08/10/2018 at 6:14am

Edited by zeio - 08/10/2018 at 6:14am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 6:55am
wow. thanks zeio
Choo-Lei
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 7:56am
He makes good points. I am glad he spoke out.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 9:07am
Zeio, thanks so much for continuing to translate the videos. You always select interviews/clips of real interest and have a real flare for vernacular translation. Your subtitles give us a 'feel' for what is being said, as well as merely the meaning of the words. Fair play to you, sir! And fair play to ZJK. Takes cojones to speak out like that.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 9:43am
I'm wondering who he was supposed to play and then got changed to who else, then got changed to who else
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 9:55am
that's what I said about the ITTF all along
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 12:30pm
I have respect to ZJK now than before
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 5:30pm
ITTF feel displeased about China players, because of the massive booster illegalities flourishing within CNT,   I guess.

hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 7:30pm
can someone translate?
FH: h3 2.2 39
t05: 2.1
viscaria: 93g
Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 10:05pm
Lol, turn on the caption.
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 10:15pm
Igor rusians also boost. Dont be upset there are other sports where rusia can beat china like chess
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Igor rusians also boost. Dont be upset there are other sports where rusia can beat china like chess
don't forget, it's been proven, Russian Olympians does much worst than boosting rubber, they boost their bodies.
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2018 at 4:11am
The majority of the pros boost their rubbers...if you have time to spend around them they will tell you that straight ahead. They do lightley boost because of the ittf rules but they do boost...
Hurricane Long 5, FL

T05, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2018 at 6:44am
So anyone know the full story? Why was his opponent changed 3 times?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

ITTF feel displeased about China players, because of the massive booster illegalities flourishing within CNT,   I guess.

Key word in this is "guess".  Why would you guess that Igor?  I know the answer based on previous stuff you have written.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

So anyone know the full story? Why was his opponent changed 3 times?
courtesy of ttd Embarrassed

Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2018 at 12:03pm
My guess is that ITTF wants to make things as hard as possible for CNT players because they think that their dominance of the sport is bad in the long run. So someone tried to put their fingers on the scales in this case. And this time they got called out for doing it by a legendary player towards the end of his career who has nothing to lose and already has reason to be pissed off at them.

This is Sharara-esque. If you love the sport and don't really care where amazing players come from, then ZJK is one of the most interesting players of all time.

The incompetence and corruption of the top leadership of major international sports federations -- many of them, not just ours -- is a source of endless amazement to me. (The sports I follow most are TT and road cycling to give an idea of my frame of reference, but from my reading others are just as bad. FIFA. NFL in the US, which is not international but still huge).

It is possible because they answer to no-one.
PythonMonty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PythonMonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

My guess is that ITTF wants to make things as hard as possible for CNT players because they think that their dominance of the sport is bad in the long run. So someone tried to put their fingers on the scales in this case. And this time they got called out for doing it by a legendary player towards the end of his career who has nothing to lose and already has reason to be pissed off at them.

This is Sharara-esque. If you love the sport and don't really care where amazing players come from, then ZJK is one of the most interesting players of all time.

The incompetence and corruption of the top leadership of major international sports federations -- many of them, not just ours -- is a source of endless amazement to me. (The sports I follow most are TT and road cycling to give an idea of my frame of reference, but from my reading others are just as bad. FIFA. NFL in the US, which is not international but still huge).

It is possible because they answer to no-one.

I'm with you, Baal. The corruption and incompetence is just amazing. I think they get away with it because in the end sports is just entertainment, and not felt to be worth the fight to clean it up. I guess we should just be thankful that all our serious political institutions around the world are efficient, honest and competent.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2018 at 2:56pm
If ITTF 's plan was to frustrate people enough so they find the energy to startup a competing international association, they would do pretty well just as is. 
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2018 at 3:17am
Originally posted by flash flash wrote:

The majority of the pros boost their rubbers...if you have time to spend around them they will tell you that straight ahead. They do lightley boost because of the ittf rules but they do boost...

I know rusians use their own booster.igor is sad because his comrades are crushed on regular basis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2018 at 5:40pm
ZJK calling ITTF black ....

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 4:07am
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

Zeio, thanks so much for continuing to translate the videos. You always select interviews/clips of real interest and have a real flare for vernacular translation. Your subtitles give us a 'feel' for what is being said, as well as merely the meaning of the words. Fair play to you, sir! And fair play to ZJK. Takes cojones to speak out like that.

Thank you for the encouragement. Glad to know you folks like it. Always trying to strike a balance. Not easy.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 4:07am
I went over the draw for groups and prelim to see what exactly happened.

Here is the specific passage regarding the draw, taken directly from "2018 ITTF WORLD TOUR | SPORT SPECIFIC INFORMATION":

Quote 2.4. Draws
a. Main Draw

b. Qualifications Draw
The draw for the qualifications:
• is done 2 days prior to the start of the qualifications, after the entry cancellation deadline at 12:00 local time.
• is done according according to the latest available World Ranking at the date of the entries deadline.
• if played in Groups, players will be drawn into groups of three (3) or four (4) players per group, using the snake system (highest ranked player in the first group, next highest ranked player in the second group, etc.), according to the number of entries (the final decision to be taken by the ITTF Competition Manager). Players without a World Ranking will be drawn by lot into the free places in the groups.
• if played in Knock-out, players will be drawn according to the World Ranking.
• Is conducted according to the ITTF rules for that purpose but WITHOUT ANY separation per association.

c. Qualifiers & Lucky Losers:
• The highest finishers in each group who have not qualified for the main draw (in case of group qualification) and players eliminated in the last round of the qualification (in case of knock-out system) may be drawn into the competition as “Lucky Losers”, to fill any empty spots in the first round of the main event. The final decision to be taken by the ITTF Competition Manager.
• Preliminary rounds after the qualification groups may be used. The final decision to be taken by the ITTF Competition Manager.

I underlined the ones of particular interest here. The ITTF competition manager, Zena Sim(zena@ittf.com) of Singapore(from the Prospectus), picked groups, to be followed by prelim, for the qualification format. So, nothing wrong with the groups. The problem is the prelim. There's absolutely nothing written on how it should be done.

The only thing we have is Peng You's report:

Quote ZJK should've been placed into the prelim bracket in sequence, according to the new ITTF directives.

For reasons unknown, the organizing committee decided to make another draw for the group qualifiers. This draw would put ZJK up against teammate LJK...

After some discussion, the organizing committee made another draw...This draw, however, was not approved. ZJK's opponent was changed from LJK to YA.

Going by that, here is how the controversy panned out:
1. Prelim bracket should've be done in sequence.
2. ITTF Competition Manager Zena Sim chose to make a draw instead. ZJK vs LJK. 1st change.
3. Said players noticed and complained. Zena Sim made another draw. ZJK, LJK, and YA vs foreign players. 2nd change.
4. But Zena Sim said oops, not good. ZJK vs YA. 3rd change.

Here's how the prelim bracket looks. I put the group number before the player's name.

It appears to me this is how it should've been done in the 1st place, filling the bracket in sequence. There're 35 group winners. Starting top to bottom, from 1. Yoshida Masaki to 16. Lin Yun-ju, then going back up, from 17. Morizono Masataka to 32. Liang Jingkun, then going back down, from 33. Dyjas Jakub to 35. Pucar Tomislav.

Here's what I think. It's likely Zena Sim made a mistake(1st change) but only realized it after the 2nd change, hence the 3rd change.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 10:10am

ZJK calling ITTF black ....

Quit the drugs
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 2:52pm
For a primer on the russian doping scandal I recommend you watch the documentary "Icarus". It's amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0NWKUySIQ

FdT

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

For a primer on the russian doping scandal I recommend you watch the documentary "Icarus". It's amazing!

FdT

Dear Sir.
You did took a wrong side, its a common knowledge for now, all the Chinese champions gained gold madals/titles throught using unfair means. Boosting rubber secretly is an unfair means., anyway.

ZJK CAN'T DO WELL without regular boosting, sorry.
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 6:01pm

FdT

Dear Sir.
You did took a wrong side, its a common knowledge for now, all the Chinese champions gained gold madals/titles throught using unfair means. Boosting rubber secretly is an unfair means., anyway.

Russians cant win even using oils. Even there are swimmers from rusia using drugs

Edited by mykonos96 - 08/13/2018 at 6:02pm
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

FdT

Dear Sir.

Russians cant win even using oils. Even there are swimmers from rusia using drugs

Igor, why don't you be a man and answer the charges against the proven Russian doping
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2018 at 9:27pm
Igor's profound anti-Asian bias is revealed again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic