Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga genesis II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2018 at 1:51pm
Hard tacky rubbers are no go on RPB, the stroke needed to get the most out of the rubber just doesn't make sense on the backhand.

The genesis sponge is fast and dynamic enough for a more typical EuroJap backhand stroke, but with the right hitting angle and brushing, you get an extra little bit of tack to help with the spin. I normally play ESN rubber on the backhand, so the technique is different, but it's possible to get some aggressive shots out with the Genesis II s
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
Sponsored Links

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2018 at 5:44am
I think I have played 6 sessions now with Genesis II M. I'm winning more than I was with Tenergy. I'm not saying it's better. It is just different and it suits my skill level better I guess. If you're currently playing the first version of Genesis M, you should switch to this one. It's better in every aspect. Someone mentioned G2S being spin sensitive. I don't feel that at all. If you use an active stroke, it's very controllable.
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2018 at 11:36pm
I just wanted to give an update on the Genesis ii M. I've been playing it for about two weeks. The topsheet already looks quite old, I can already see a lot of wear in the spot where I normally hit the ball. The speed has also kicked up a bit after the break-in period. The overall feel isn't quite as hard a before, I guess the sponge has loosened up a little bit. I'm still enjoying the rubber. 
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2018 at 5:47am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

I just wanted to give an update on the Genesis ii M. I've been playing it for about two weeks. The topsheet already looks quite old, I can already see a lot of wear in the spot where I normally hit the ball. The speed has also kicked up a bit after the break-in period. The overall feel isn't quite as hard a before, I guess the sponge has loosened up a little bit. I'm still enjoying the rubber. 

Conversely, I've been using Genesis II M for a month and have been impressed with how little wear the topsheet is showing - I wonder if this is down to variation in the rubbers or the conditions they are being used in?

I have also noticed it doesn't feel quite as hard after it has broken in.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2018 at 7:31am
Thanks for the updates!

According to Stiga: Genesis II Spin is also sustainably developed to increase the durability and life expectancy of the rubber. 

What would you say about the tackiness after all this time? Does it still have the amount of spin?
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

Thanks for the updates!

According to Stiga: Genesis II Spin is also sustainably developed to increase the durability and life expectancy of the rubber. 

What would you say about the tackiness after all this time? Does it still have the amount of spin?

The tackiness doesn't seem to have dropped off very much, if at all. 
It was slightly less tacky than a typical DHS rubber to start with, but it doesn't seem to be getting less tacky very quickly.
PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 4:55am
Hey guys,

I'm searching the net for some feedback on Genesis II vs. Genesis 1... been playing with a Genesis M in FH for about 2 years, I've used a H3 Neo lately but not 100% convinced yet (there are advantages and drawbacks, I'm not sure if I play better or worse with it)... and it looks like that Genesis II might be an intermediate between Genesis 1 and H3.

For those who know those rubber, am I right? It looks like Genesis II is much tackier than 1st gen (good grip but almost non tacky in my experience)... so I expect better short game, for instance.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 9:08am
Unfortunately, I've never played H3 Neo. However, I've played with Genesis 1 S/M, and also Genesis II M. Genesis II is much better overall than Genesis M. Very similar, but a little bit faster, a little bit tackier, and a little bit spinier. In my experience the top sheet looks old quickly, but it doesn't hurt the performance. In fact, I find that the the performance of Genesis II actually increased after 1 or 2 weeks. I've actually came back to this rubber after using Gewo Nexxus El Pro 48, which was a great rubber until it started coming off my racket. When I reglued it, the Gewo shrunk significantly which lead to decreased performance. 
PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 3:06pm
Hey Eric, thanks for your answer! Even if you've not played H3Neo, the comparison between both Genesis generations is already very interesting, and not that easy to find :) I'll be playing with my last sheet of Genesis 1 M again for a while, and see how it behaves after 1+ month playing with the H3 Neo. But your comment makes me think that after this last sheet of G1M, G2M might be interesting for me.

By the way, does anyone here know if Genesis II will replace Genesis 1st gen, or if they will both keep on existing (like Omega 4/5/7 etc. for Xiom)? I noticed that both generations are still listed on Stiga website, but that's about all I know...
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 3:20pm
If you check tt11, the g1 series are already in the clearance section. I guess that the older generation is just phasing away.
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2018 at 5:04pm
I think there is no reason to keep Genesis 1 around since Genesis II is so similar, but much better. 
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 2:39am
what do you think, are any alternatives on the market with the same characteristics but with slightly harder sponges?

I really loved my G2M when it was new, but now the sponge is softer than in the beginning. And I don't like this as much. 

I allready spoke to Stiga, but they don't plan to bring a G2H to the market...
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 3:21am
Originally posted by AndiHL AndiHL wrote:

what do you think, are any alternatives on the market with the same characteristics but with slightly harder sponges?

I really loved my G2M when it was new, but now the sponge is softer than in the beginning. And I don't like this as much. 

Joola Golden Tango PS or Tibhar K1 Euro would be worth trying. The 50 degree sponge is slightly harder and they generally feel slightly harder. 
They both play more like a hard Euro rubber but with a tacky top sheet, which I didn't think would work for me as well as Genesis II, but I was pleasantly surprised.
PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by AndiHL AndiHL wrote:

I really don't understand why Stiga wouldn't release a Genesis Hard. Maybe it'd get too close from classic Chinese rubbers? I'd definitely be interested in a harder version though. I've been using the G1 M for the past two years, I like it but I need a harder sponge. I'll be finishing the current season with my G1, but am kind of lost as to which rubber I'm going to use after this. So I'm really interested in the answers you'll get!

Other than this, I can say that I've played a few weeks with a Nittaku H3 Neo in september/october. It was interesting. I still feel that a bit more dynamism would help me, H3 Neo is not an hybrid like the Genesis and requires much more physical engagement, which takes some time getting used to, I guess. Maybe I'll try the H3 Neo Pro Turbo Orange, it's a bit softer and more springy than the usual H3 Neo.

Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

Joola Golden Tango PS or Tibhar K1 Euro would be worth trying. The 50 degree sponge is slightly harder and they generally feel slightly harder. 
They both play more like a hard Euro rubber but with a tacky top sheet, which I didn't think would work for me as well as Genesis II, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Interesting, I've heard of the Golden Tango but it's not very common here in France. The K1 Euro might be an interesting one, I'll be watching for reviews of this one. Do you know how they behave over time? The Genesis 1M was very very durable, same for H3 Neo.
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 8:52am

Interesting, I've heard of the Golden Tango but it's not very common here in France. The K1 Euro might be an interesting one, I'll be watching for reviews of this one. Do you know how they behave over time? The Genesis 1M was very very durable, same for H3 Neo.

I've been using K1 Euro since mid November and it seems to be holding up quite well - maybe not quite as durable as Genesis II, which I think was the most durable tacky rubber I've ever used. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 6:48pm
Has anyone tried boosting Genesis II? I have a used sheet lying around, I might give it a go eventually. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic