Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Custom blades  Discus ,Design,Order,and Feedback!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Buy and Sell > For sale

Custom blades Discus ,Design,Order,and Feedback!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 5:50pm
are the blades faster than the usual commercial versions? A lot of people say that their blades are quite fast, so I was wondering if that's the case. Let's say for example you have a vis on one side, is it faster than the normal viscaria? I'm really tempted to order a blade.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 6:46pm
If you wanna speed, just change the intermediate ply to koto or spruce, it will make difference. More speed, changing the top ply  Ebony  will do more.
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

are the blades faster than the usual commercial versions? A lot of people say that their blades are quite fast, so I was wondering if that's the case. Let's say for example you have a vis on one side, is it faster than the normal viscaria? I'm really tempted to order a blade.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 6:54pm
Looks it work great in you hand. So happy to hear that and will let the carpenter know. He will be happy now the blades he built are in most continent .  The special treated core is the most important element of the blades. 
Originally posted by Nelt Nelt wrote:

So, first impressions after very short session. 7 sets after training session with main setup: t05/viscaria 22 years old/barracuda.
First try is: t05hard/w968/core/vis/bluestorm z2. For fh it’s incredible fast, but with amazing speed and nice medium arch. Dwell time is also good. Frankly speaking, I was surprised, but dwell time on fh is longer, than my vis+t05.
https://imgur.com/rjkmfL2

Edited by Robin.w - 12/05/2018 at 7:04pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Robin.w Robin.w wrote:

If you wanna speed, just change the intermediate ply to koto or spruce, it will make difference. More speed, changing the top ply  Ebony  will do more.
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I don't want more speed. I'm afraid that it's gonna be too fast compared to normal viscaria.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 10:52am
Yes. Just know what you want and make specific change to get want you want
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 3:27pm
What exactly happens to the kiri that is specially treated? What is the procedure?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 4:09pm
I tested my combi-blade (fh W968 / bh Viscaria) during 3 more sessions, this time with a little bit softer and slower rubbers (Evolution FX-S), but the result is still the same: I REALLY like the feeling, but the blade is too thick and too fast for me. Therefore I will add it on my FS-thread in the next 2 days.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 12:17am
Hope someone like more speed will get it . Do you have hurricane on hand? Maybe you can try that. The kiri core make the blade faster than the ayous one.

Edited by Robin.w - 12/07/2018 at 1:23am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I tested my combi-blade (fh W968 / bh Viscaria) during 3 more sessions, this time with a little bit softer and slower rubbers (Evolution FX-S), but the result is still the same: I REALLY like the feeling, but the blade is too thick and too fast for me. Therefore I will add it on my FS-thread in the next 2 days.
What is your Rating? Just to get an idea how fast the blade is.
Nelt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 3:37pm
Today we tested w968 + h8hard (2 layers Kailin) and vis+bluefire m3.
Fh (w968) plays perfect, bh (vis) too fast. Thinking about order blade Limba/Ayous/dhs alc/Kiri/dhs alc/Limba/Limba in viscaria form factor and mizutani fl handle. Hope that will play perfect with t05hard on forehand and something like t05fx or mb bluestorm z2 2,1 on bh would be slower and more controllable.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 3:55pm
I will let the carpenter know your thought and hope we can figure out a good way to slow down the BH. Thanks!

Originally posted by Nelt Nelt wrote:

Today we tested w968 + h8hard (2 layers Kailin) and vis+bluefire m3.
Fh (w968) plays perfect, bh (vis) too fast. Thinking about order blade Limba/Ayous/dhs alc/Kiri/dhs alc/Limba/Limba in viscaria form factor and mizutani fl handle. Hope that will play perfect with t05hard on forehand and something like t05fx or mb bluestorm z2 2,1 on bh would be slower and more controllable.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 12:01pm
Upup
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 2 minutes ago at 4:58pm
Talked with the carpenter about all you kindness feedback.
One way to make the blade a little slower and don't change the feel is cut the thickness of Core ply.
So the blade will be between 83~87 grams.  Difficult to build a 87~92 grams blade like that.(Kiri Core).
Custom orders welcome!
Robin.w View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 9 minutes ago at 1:51am
Second order of Speedy. These two are designed to be speedy. 1mm thicker core ply and Spruce intermediate ply 0.2mm thicker than normal(spruce is stiffer than the normal ayous). Total thickness 7mm. Weight 91.5 and 91.9 grams
We call them " Violence Vis". 

Edited by Robin.w - 1 hour 5 minutes ago at 1:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic