Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

$600 c pen blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kennyc23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennyc23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $600 c pen blade
    Posted: 08/31/2018 at 11:04am
C'mon...$600? Is it worth it? Let me know what you think..

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=b-zhang-jike-super-zlc-cs&cp=1
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 11:23am
Waste of money. 
First, this blade has a compact headsize when compared to Donic or DHS cpen blades. 161x150 is not what a cpen blade should measure in my opinion.
Second, you will obviously be paying for the brand and the name. No blade worth $600, no matter how good it is.
I´m using a Donic Carbotec and also have a Ma Lin Carbon as spare blade, both excellent and costing less than 1/10 of this ZJK. The Carbotec has a 165x150 headzise and weights 81g, it´s a dream blade.
If you want something more offensive you can go with DHS 301, FB Carbon or Ovtcharov True Carbon, all much cheaper than ZJK. 
Actually if you buy all of them you still won´t spend half of the price.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 11:31am
I wonder why CS version is much more expensive than SH version.  ZJK SZLC is way too expensive for me, but I have to say it is a pretty good blade.  If I have time to play more than 10 hrs a week, then I would definitely get me one, regardless of the price.
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 11:48am
No. Only Pro that uses it has a mediocre RPB and weak forehand compared to XX, ZPF, XF, WH...
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

No. Only Pro that uses it has a mediocre RPB and weak forehand compared to XX, ZPF, XF, WH...

I don't think anyone uses that blade... WCT uses a ZJK ALC, which is only $180 or so in China...
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 4:08pm

Pros always use diffrent gear compared to stock version and the fact that the cpen version is pricier shows you bty is stealing and is a dogdy company
KLHfans View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLHfans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 4:32pm
Germany   Shan Xiao Na (Rio Silver medalist in Women's team) uses the Zhang jike Super ZLC Penhold   with Butterfly Impartial XS

Taiwan   Lin, Yun-Ju uses   Zhang Jike Super ZLC Shakehand and he recently beat Chinese Wang Chu Qin in the Asian Game Men's Team semifinal
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Pros always use diffrent gear compared to stock version and the fact that the cpen version is pricier shows you bty is stealing and is a dogdy company

really,  you needed this evidence to determine BTY is fleecing consumers?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Well why a cpen would cost more?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 6:27pm

no good reason, they are trying to fleece consumers.
kennyc23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennyc23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 6:42pm
Outrageous. Do not let butterfly pull this one off. We should boycott butterfly.......Otherwise other brands will follow with ridiculous price. Then we all suffer.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 7:52pm

no good reason, they are trying to fleece consumers.

Within the world of sports equipment $600 is not big money nor is BTY fleecing. consumers..TT players want equipment options and in this case BTY is making this blade available if you don't like the price or the blade at any price who cares then its a bust for BTY. TT equipment pricing is cheap compared to most sports my advice to those that think BTY is expensive is don't take up golf..
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 8:57pm
Cpen in North American is considered costumized so it’s in generally 100$ more expensive.
Some people drive toyota, some drive Porsche. Doesn’t tell who’s a better driver...
EJ-turned blade collector
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 9:08pm
I believe the cpen version costs more because the vendors are getting them from Butterfly China, as these cpens are exclusive to the Chinese market.  
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 9:10pm
According to my opinion the C-pen (at least some models of them) sells at a quantity that is too small so Butterfly increase the price to compensate it. That is why some models of C-Pen have the same price with the SH version, and some C-Pen models have higher prices.
Many years ago I think the price of SH was the same with C-Pen. If you want a model which was available in SH but not available in C-Pen, you could special order it at about 50% higher price, and in fact I bought some blades in this way.
This is no longer valid as Butterfly does not accept special order anymore.
If now they offer the same model of C-Pen but at a higher price, actually this is the seller's marketing policy and it is their privilege to do so, although we, the C-pen customers must accept the higher price if we choose to buy certain C-Pens from Butterfly.
Personally I prefer the previous system (special order) because I feel that I am ordering blade that is not in the manufacturing program and so I should accept to pay higher. But at least I have the freedom to choose the models I want. Now I only have a limited choice if I am interested in some Butterfly model.
Or, I can buy from other suppliers, but it will not be the same blade.
PS. I would have bought some more blades if it has the same price with the SH version.

Edited by aeoliah - 08/31/2018 at 9:12pm
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

Cpen in North American is considered costumized so it’s in generally 100$ more expensive.
Some people drive toyota, some drive Porsche. Doesn’t tell who’s a better driver...

Edited by mykonos96 - 08/31/2018 at 11:14pm
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 11:01pm
I sold the shakehand version last year to a person who wanted c/pen ,so he cut the handle down, but he went too short so he glued a bit back on

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2018 at 11:15pm

You forgot xu haidong
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2018 at 3:26am

You forgot xu haidong
All of whom use All Wood I'd like to add...
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2018 at 9:20am

You forgot xu haidong

All of whom use All Wood I'd like to add...

Just as a note, I think ZPF and XF both use N301, which has carbon / aramid. XX uses his new blade, which also has carbon. Not sure what XHD uses, but there actually seems to be a trend towards carbon / aramid in cpen blades (even though no one really uses a ZJK SZLC).
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2018 at 4:58pm
Bowen Chen from mdttc, one of the best players in the states, is using zjk szlc cpen.
EJ-turned blade collector
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2018 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

one of the best players in the states....
Mmmm'kay....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic