FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bty rozena

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2018 at 6:34pm
" But I mean I don't need a tenergy. There are plenty of really good players that use cheaper rubbers and who am I needing to use a tenergy."

I don't share this kind of thinking ("Who am I to use x brand?"). I would approach it from another angle, "which rubber suits me best?"

Plenty of ppl use fallacies to argue about this rubber or that rubber. Just try a few rubbers and settle on one that suits you, which ever that equipment is (if it happens to be Tenergy, then so be it, who cares what other ppl say?!?). Gain confidence with your equipment, and don't switch again until you really really feel like you need another upgrade. To hell with modesty....

FdT
Sponsored Links

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2018 at 8:46pm
I'd put it in a different perspective. Let's just say that there's a certain limit of speed/ spin a rubber can produce. Tenergy probably produces more than the other rubbers. But in a match you never have to play a ton of topspins in one rally and a good spinny loop is always good enough. So even if you say tenergy suits your game, there'll be other rubbers out there that have the same arc, same hardness as the tenergy that suits you.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 4:56am
98% of the forum members would play better with Rozena than playing Tenergy 05.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

98% of the forum members would play better with Rozena than playing Tenergy 05.
99% of the forum members would play better if they spend the time they use on testing equipment and so on on practicing instead.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 8:37am
100% of forum members would play better if we spent the time we spend on the forum practicing instead.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

100% of forum members would play better if we spent the time we spend on the forum practicing instead.
I don't know if I agree with that. If you get get some good advice from here, then it might actually be worth more than a practice session.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I don't know if I agree with that. If you get get some good advice from here, then it might actually be worth more than a practice session.

I disagree with that also. I don't think I can play more than 7 days a week. I'm already doing that.  LOL
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I disagree with that also. I don't think I can play more than 7 days a week. I'm already doing that.  LOL

Could do some extra physical training. LOL
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 7:26pm
I lift weights every other day. :)

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 7:27pm
Quantity is not quality. If you cut 2 days and do physical exercises one one day and rest on the other you'd probably do better. Where do you play if you play 7 times a week
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 7:54pm
I'm currently living in Ho Chi Minh City. There are about 6 clubs within 15 minutes of my house and probably 30 clubs within 45 minutes drive. I'm currently in-between jobs so I can take a rest most of the day while I'm not playing or going to the gym. When I go back to work, I'll cut back a bit. I was working 50+ hours a week as general manager for a hotel/restaurant for the last 3 years. The government is taking back the land that the hotel was on so they can build a road. I'm not in a super rush to find another job. lol 
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 12:57pm
Does anyone know whether Rozena's edges are fragile like T05's?
Since it can be had for less than 40 a piece, thinking to have my son try Rozena both sides instead of tenergy.. he beats the crap out of his rubbers and blades like all kids do. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 1:07pm
Some pictures of 2nd hand Rozena on Japanese auction site.

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Since it can be had for less than 40 a piece, thinking to have my son try Rozena both sides instead of tenergy.. he beats the crap out of his rubbers and blades like all kids do. 

Rozena is as fragile as T05.

I suggest try foam edge tape on your kids racket if you want to get them Rozena, otherwise Chinese rubbers like h3 neo are really durable to impact.

Search amazon for "Dovewell Table Tennis Edge Tape" and youll find a great foam tape for protection.
20 pieces for $7 or 10 for $5

Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2018 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Rozena is as fragile as T05.

I suggest try foam edge tape on your kids racket if you want to get them Rozena, otherwise Chinese rubbers like h3 neo are really durable to impact.

Search amazon for "Dovewell Table Tennis Edge Tape" and youll find a great foam tape for protection.
20 pieces for $7 or 10 for $5

He plays with tensors so no to the H3. What I do now is I apply plenty of edge tape covering not only sponge but topsheet too. It takes two long pieces of tape and I overlap them a bit. It works okay.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 5:50am
How is the arc of the rozena? I'm comming from tenergy 64 which has a lower throw more straight trajectory then tenergy 05. Is it somewhere in between?
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 7:44am
It’s like Tenergy 80‘s arc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic